Reply Life Issues & Fashion
A little advice?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twisted Maggot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:28 pm
Okay, let me tell you this much. My parents have been fighting since I was born... Not your typical disagreement over something reasonable-- every damn day, my mom screams at my dad over something stupid like a coffee cup, or he does something to get her upset, and then screams at her, so on and so on... Well, the situation sometimes becomes violent, but most of the time I have to struggle to stop them before it does end that way. Sometimes I wonder if this whole thing is my fault. They were perfectly fine before they had me, and then it just turned completely wrong. My dad's father was horrible, and his mother kicked him out, so he really never had a father figure. Could that be the reason why he is so immature? Could it be the answer to everything that's wrong with him? My mom has had ADHD for quite some time... maybe that explains why she's so crazy? AUGH! I just need help. They're supposedly getting divorced "in a few years" 'cause they have no money now. Please, what should I do?! My parents are driving me towards depression.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:29 pm
First of all, it isn't your fault. Never think that. Don't ever think that this is your fault. You said it yourself, your parents have problems. They were there before you were born, years and years before. How could any of this possibly be your fault?

Can you stay out of the house? Is there somewhere to go? I mean is there somewhere you can stay for a while, somewhere that you can go so that you can minimize your time spent at home? Is there a park nearby?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Twisted Maggot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:46 pm
No, not really... I live in Connecticut, therefore there are no really interesting places to go... The only place I WOULD be able to go to is probably my grandparents' place, but they're the type that annoy you with questions and then drag you home... stare I suppose I could ask my friend if I can stay at her house for a while, but I don't think her mom would be able to handle two goth girls in one house.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:40 pm
It's never your fault, Wraith is 200% right on this one.

My parents, once upon a dreary day, got into an argument over nothing at all. The end result of their fury was a defiant wish to get a divorce. I mostly stayed out of their little tiffs, but when the dust settled that day, I politley informed both of my parents that if they chose to legaly separate, that I would refuse to go with either one of them for I adamantly refuse to be used as a pawn in their little disagreement, and I would leave both of them to rot on their hatred and go on with my life without either of them in it ever again. Upon hearing my declaration, my parents reached a happy medium in their relationship days later and were content for many many years. I think, in that brief moment in time, that they finally realized the reprecussions of their actions if they had followed through with their intentions.

but that's just my brief experience.....

Parents will argue, sometimes over the most insignifigant things. sometimes they get violent, sometimes they cry, sometimes they seem mad at you when they are really frustrated with themselves with no healthy outlet of release (I'm a parent, and sometimes me and the missus have some grandmal arguments over the slightest things. I love her dearly, but sometimes she makes me infuriatingly mad at her for no reason at all. We work through it and move on with our lives). All you can truly do is tell them that you love them, that they are breaking your heart, and make plans to take care of yourself should the worst occur. I feel you love them, but sometimes it is just better to walk away and take care of yourself for a bit, than to try to play peacemaker between the two of them. Just tell them how you truly feel one at a time, and let them make their own decisions. Like I mentioned to Wraith a while ago.....Make plans and goals for yourself, for your future, and be prepared for the worst case scenario should it occur.

I wish you much peace and happiness in this life...Be the person who you want to be.  

Keevan Draco

Twisted Maggot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:54 pm
Thanks so much for the help. I asked my friend if I can stay at her house for a while, and it turns out I can stay there as long as I need to. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:36 pm
3nodding

I hope things get better for you.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Twisted Maggot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:45 pm
Thank you for your concern. I just hope my parents can last a day without killing each other... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:10 am
*hugs* I'm glad to hear you're keeping yourself safe. Be well.  

trampyre

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff