Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Warriors Guild

Back to Guilds

HEY WARRIORS GUILD MEMBERS AND FANS! WE HAVE MOVED TO DEVIANTART! http://www.deviantart.com/the-warriors-guild AS OF 2019 WE ARE ACTIVE!!!! 

Tags: Warriors, Erin Hunter, Warrior Cats 

Reply MoonClan
Scarclaw's Story so far ^^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like the story so far?
  OMG! Very good and creative! ^-^
  Neh, boring -.-
View Results

I Deutschland I
Crew

5,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:45 pm
Here's my book I'm writing so far. I'll probably fix the beginning to make it a little better, since I personally think the beginning is made by fast O.o

Warriors: The Beginning

Redfur is a dark tabby tom that has had a lot of problems in his life. He was born in ShadowClan and had a mother named Tallpoppy. She was a light brown tabby cat with blue eyes. Redfur became an apprentice when he was only two moons old. Icepaw, a white cat with black around his face and tail, was Redfur’s best friend when he was in ShadowClan. They hunted together, and had trained together also. Then at one Gathering, Redpaw (he was still an apprentice at the time) was going to get a mouse when he saw three cats walking together on ShadowClan territory. They didn’t smell like a ShadowClan warriors so he decided to attack them. The three warriors must have been waiting for him so they grabbed him by the scruff and took him into a place he has never been to before. They called it a name he had heard before. ThunderClan! He tried to break free from the cat that was holding him but it was too late. He was in ThunderClan now and didn’t know how to get back to ShadowClan. He wanted to go back with his mother but he knew she wasn’t here. He was in ThunderClan and was part of ThunderClan for now on. A dark gray she-cat was on a big rock in the middle of the camp. He heard one of the cats say it was called the Highrock. He saw three other cats but they were different and didn’t smell like ThunderClan. He was in shock that one smelled like WindClan. The other cat smelled like a kittypet and the third, he didn’t know what she smelled like. They were all she-cats. One was a black and white she-cat. The other one, which was a kittypet, was a light gray she-cat. The last one was a light ginger she-cat. “We gather here today to give this kit his apprentice name. I already am an apprentice, Redpaw said under his breath. “Hello Redkit my name is Bluestar. Today we gather here to give this young kit his apprentice name. Runningwind you have been a warrior and have been a mentor before, I wish for you to be a mentor of Redpaw.” “I will be honored Bluestar.” Redpaw touched noses with Runningwind and went to join the older apprentices. The other apprentices looked at him like he was from another Clan. Just because I am from a different Clan doesn’t mean you have to stare at me! Redpaw said in his own mind.

Runningwind brought Redpaw to the ShadowClan border when he saw his old friend. Icepaw! “Icepaw over here help me it is me Redpaw!” Icepaw took a look at him and just then he said, “Hey you traitor don’t come close or I’ll claw your eyes out!” “I want to come back to ShadowClan they took me against my will. HELP ME PLEASE!!” “I will have to get help Redpaw. I’m going to save you don’t worry!”
Redpaw was coming back to the ThunderClan camp when Tigerclaw came up to him. “Why were you over on ShadowClan border?” “I was hunting and I didn’t even go onto ShadowClan territory you fox dung!” “Go hunt for the elders APPRENTICE!” Tigerclaw spat.
Redpaw went to hunt for the elders then he went to find his mentor, Runningwind. Runningwind was eating when he found him. “Runningwind, I want you to teach me the hunting crouch.” Redpaw meowed. “Okay just let me finish this vole. Also you might want to eat yourself. Want to join me?” “Sure I’ll go get a mouse from the Fresh-Kill pile.”
Redpaw went to go get a mouse when Bluestar came trotting up to him. “Hello Redpaw so how are you and how is your training coming along?”
“It’s fine; I just kind of miss ShadowClan.” “Well if you don’t like it here, you can always leave.” “I don’t know. I just am still deciding, and I think I will stay.”

Moons passed and Redpaw became a warrior. His new name was Redfur, but then a couple days after, Redfur saw his mother on ShadowClan territory. “Hi how are you, my name is Redfur and you are?” “Don’t come any closer or I’ll…MY KIT OH MY KIT!” “What are you talking about?” “I am your mother, Tallpoppy.” Tallpoppy meowed. “Mother? Is that really you?” “Yes it is Redpaw…” “Its Redfur now,” Redfur corrected her. “I was wondering if you died because Brokenstar said you were one of his best apprentices.” “Wow maybe… I should go back!” “But you can’t just switch Clans whenever you want to!” Tallpoppy spat. “I will tell Bluestar I am going hunting, and you tell Brokenstar that he has one of the best warriors coming.” “Okay and you will… wait! I don’t want you crossing Thunderpath!” “I think I found a shortcut that goes under Thunderpath,” he meowed. “Oh, okay, well tell your father that he is doing well on being deputy,” “Father? I have a father and he is deputy!?” “I have said too much, but I will tell you this. Find a warrior in your Clan that looks like you, and has almost the same name.” “I will mother, and I won’t leave you. I will be in ShadowClan before you know it.”

Redfur was back in camp when he spotted Starpelt. She was a gorgeous white she-cat, and it looked like she had stars on her fur when she was in moonlight. He was pleased to see her, and he was going to greet her when the deputy, Redtail came up to him. Redfur thought back the words his mother told him, Find a warrior in your Clan that looks like you, and has almost the same name. It was Redtail. He was his father! “Father? Is that really you?” “Yes you are my kit, but I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go take Sunningrocks?” “Okay! But can I bring Starpelt too?” “Well I’m only having Tigerclaw, Ravenpaw, you, and me,” Redtail meowed. “Oh okay, I don’t mind, just I was going to get some prey first, then meet you at Sunningrocks okay?” “Okay just remember!” “I will father!”

Redfur suddenly saw his mother on the other side of Thunderpath.
“Tallpoppy, I am ready to go to ShadowClan.” Redfur thought that he was making the right choice, but first he had to meet his father at Sunningrocks.
“Tallpoppy, I have to go to Sunningrocks with my father to get Sunningrocks for ThunderClan.” “Alright but before he leaves, can I come too?” “Sure just follow my lead.”

Redfur leading his mother to Sunningrocks while he was wondering what his mother said by, but before Redtail leaves. Was Redtail leaving to ShadowClan? Whatever it was, he couldn’t think about it now. He had to find his father at Sunningrocks.
Suddenly he saw his father attacking a RiverClan warrior side-by-side with Tigerclaw. Then he saw Oakheart under some rocks when suddenly the rocks broke and tumbled onto Oakheart. The RiverClan warriors were either driven out, or killed in the end. But then Tigerclaw turned around and bit Redtail on the neck. “Redtail!” yelled Redfur. Redfur tried to block Tigerclaw from biting Redtail, but it was too late. Redtail was lying on top of one of the Sunningrocks. “Redfur…” coughed Redtail. “ You have been great in ThunderClan… but you will be an even greater warrior in ShadowClan. I wish you the best of luck in leadership.” Suddenly Redtail breathed his last breath and had gone to live with StarClan. Redtail had died trying to save his clan. “Redtail, I will miss you,” meowed Tallpoppy. “Mother, does that mean that I am Half-Clan?” Redfur asked. “Yes Redfur, but first we must bury Redtail. Do you want to bury him?” “But I thought you wanted to bury him too?” “I can not. Remember I am not from ThunderClan.” “So I should bring Redtail back to ThunderClan?” “Yes, you should. After, say you will go get some fresh-kill then come see me by Thunderpath.” “Okay,” answered Redfur.

Redfur was bringing Redtail back to camp when Starpelt came trotting up to him. “What happened?” she meowed. “Redtail died from...”Redfur couldn’t finish his sentence. He couldn’t just go up to the Clan and say that Tigerclaw killed Redtail. “.. He died trying to save his clan, but a RiverClan warrior killed him.” “Oh that’s so sad Redfur! I feel so sorry for you!” “But he died trying to save his clan. I am happy for him to do that,” meowed Redfur. “Want me to help you bury him?” asked Starpelt. “Sure.”

Starpelt and Redfur had just reached the ThunderClan camp. They saw Bluestar on top of High Rock. Bluestar had been talking to Whitestorm when she suddenly saw Redfur and Starpelt dragging Redtail. “What happened?” Bluestar asked. “Redtail died trying to take back Sunningrocks. He was killed by a RiverClan warrior.” “I see Redfur. We will honor him for his courage, and mourn for his death. Redfur, do you want to bury him yourself?” “Actually Bluestar, I would like Starpelt to help me,” Redfur meowed. “Alright.”

Redfur and Starpelt were dragging Redtail’s body to a burial spot. Once they dug a hole, they put Redtail’s body into it. They buried him and hoped that he was able to find StarClan on his own. While they were packing in the dirt, Redfur kept thinking back to when he died. He remembered when Redtail died, he told him, “Best of luck in leadership.” Was he going to be a leader in ShadowClan? “Starpelt,” Redfur began. “I have to go hunting, tell the Clan I will be back soon, okay?” “Want me to go with you?” “No, it’s alright. I can do it on my own.” He nuzzled Starpelt, trying to make her start thinking that he loved her; which he did. He ran off not stopping to look back. He ran to the edge of Thunderpath. He looked for the tunnel under Thunderpath. He ran to the little hole and went under it. He suddenly spotted a hunting patrol pass by. As he crouched and waited for them to pass by, he spotted a familiar cat. Russetfur! He remembered that he couldn’t just walk up to her and yell, “Hi!” so he stayed in the fern and waited for the patrol to pass by. Finally, once he couldn’t see them anymore, he ran from bush to bush trying to find the camp. Finally as he prowled through the bramble, he found a dark hollow with brambles all around. The ShadowClan camp! He tried to sneak inside the leader’s den but then Oakfur caught him on surprise. “Intruder!” he yowled to all of the cats in camp. As Redfur tried to run into the leader’s den, about three cats surrounded him, as they were about to pounce on him and attack. He tried to remain as calm as he could so he just sat down with his tail curled around his front paws and meowed calmly, “I need to speak to Brokenstar.” The cats all gasped in shock. As he looked towards the leaders den, he saw the on cat he hated most, Tigerclaw! “Tigerclaw, what are you doing here?” “Its Tigerstar now,” he mewed, trying do make Redfur shocked. “StarClan welcomes you as a leader,” Redfur meows trying to contain him. “I was wondering if I could join my Clan once more,” hoping Tigerstar would say yes. “Come into my den and we’ll talk it out.” As Redfur followed him into the shadowy brambles of the leader’s den he looked back to see Tallpoppy smiling but also he could smell the sadness from her fur. She still must have not finished mourning for her mate, Redtail. He turned away and tried not to imagine his father being torn to shreds by the ShadowClan leader, Tigerstar.

As he walked inside the den, the lightness drifted away from the sky. He was afraid Tigerstar would pounce and kill him right now. “Sit down, Redfur.” Redfur sat down in a nice, soft cozy piece of fern. As Redfur’s coat turned from a dark tabby a very dark, almost black, fur. He spoke to Tiger saying, “Would you accept me into your Clan even if I was trained in another Clan? And if you didn’t know I was born in ShadowClan.” “But you have ThunderClan blood in you,” Tigerstar spat. “But,” Tigerstar went on, “I maybe be able to let you in and become deputy because, you’re my son.” What!? Tigerstar isn’t his father! Redtail was! How could this be!? “So your mother hasn’t told you yet? Well she made you think that Redtail was your father so that you wouldn’t think of your father as an evil untrustworthy cat. So your mother told Redtail that you needed a responsible, loving father, but, your mother was wrong. You had to find out sooner or later.” Redfur scraped the ground with his claws. Why didn’t his mother tell him this?! “Tonight we will announce your ceremony as a deputy.” “Alright.” Redfur walked out of the den as hatred burned his pelt. Why didn’t his mother want him to know this? As we walked out into the clearing his mother trotted happily toward him. “Hello Redfur! Did you get to join the Clan?” “Yeah, but you never told me that Tigerstar was my father.” Shock flashed into Tallpoppy’s face. “How did you find out?” Redfur cleared his throat and started to speak, “Well, I’m going to be the new deputy and he told me himself, because he is proud of my skills.” “Redfur,” Tallpoppy began. “I’m really sorry I didn’t tell you this. I thought it would be the best for your safety.” Redfur snorted and walked into the nursery. Unfortunately, there were no queens having kits at the moment or even in the nursery at all! He looked in one of the tiniest corners and found the mark he made from when he was just a little kit. He walked out filled with sorrow as he turned to the warrior’s den.

“Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather round for a Clan meeting!” Redfur was standing on the Highrock with Tigerstar on his side. “Yesterday I traveled to the Moonstone to go and get my nine lives. And now that I have required those, I must get myself a deputy. I say these words before the power of StarClan. Redfur will be the new deputy of ShadowClan.” Murmurs of disagreement and approval were both being said at the same time. Finally, the Clan started cheering yowling, “Redfur! Redfur!” He looked down upon his Clan and meowed, “I will serve and protect my Clan with my life and the power of StarClan!” More and more cheers were yowling approval this time. Redfur stepped down from the Highrock. He looked and looked around for Icepaw. He was nowhere to be found. Tomorrow night was supposed to be a Gathering so he could try and fid Icepaw and his mentor, Runningwind there too. Oh he wanted to see Runningwind so badly. He hadn’t seen him since he left. He wondered if he was the deputy of the Clan now. He sat down below Highrock as he watched all of the cats getting ready to go to sleep. “Redfur,” a meow he recognized! “Hey, remember me? Russetfur? Well, I was wondering on
Who was going on the Dawn Patrol tomorrow morning?” “Oh my gosh! I forgot all about that! Uh, who do we have…?” Redfur didn’t know exactly who was going to go on the patrol. “Boulder, Jaggedtooth, Oakfur, and Rowanpaw.” “Shall I go and tell them then?” “Okay, well I’m going to get some sleep in the Warriors den. Goodnight.” Goodnight, Redfur. See you in the morning.”

Redfur woke up early the next morning. He noticed that the Dawn Patrol had already left. Only three warriors were in the den, not including him. He saw Russetfur sleeping soundly in her nest. He quietly stepped out of the den and looked around for any cats in the clearing. The only one was Cedarpaw; his dark pelt shown in the sunlight. He looked around for Russetfur, but he saw Redfur and padded up to him. “Hey where is my mentor?” He looked worried. “She is in the den. Don’t worry. She is just sleeping.” “Oh, okay. Thank you Redfur.” As he padded off into the Apprentice’s den he saw Tigerstar walking out of his den. “Ah, your up early I see,” his voice sounding like thunder crashing down onto a fallen tree. “Tallpoppy is now in the nursery again because she is having kits.” Redfur gasped. “She is having another litter of kits?” “Yes, I was also wondering if you wanted to train one once they are old enough.” “I would be honored.”

As night fell upon the sky, cats were gathering around the Highrock so Tigerstar could say what cats he wanted to bring to the Gathering. “Redfur, Russetfur, Jaggedtooth, Oakfur, Rowanpaw, and Cedarpaw will all be going to the gathering with me.” Boulder looked disappointed but he tried not to show it. As the cats walked down towards Thunderpath, Redfur showed Tigerstar the tunnel under Thunderpath. The cats went under it slowly and cautiously. Then they got up from under Thunderpath and padded down to Fourtrees. They saw that all of the Clans have already arrived. Tigerstar walked up in front. The Clans all gasped to see Tigerstar. Redfur walked around trying to look for Starpelt. He found her talking with a WindClan cat. “Starpelt!” he ran up to her about to yowl. “Redfur, you’re alive! The Clan thought you died or something! Where have you been?” “Starpelt, I joined ShadowClan. Now I am the deputy of ShadowClan too.” Shock flew into Starpelt’s eyes. “How could you break the Warrior code and ruin ThunderClan?!” “I…” he couldn’t finish it. “My mother and father are in ShadowClan.” “I thought you father was Redtail? If it isn’t, who is?” “Tallpoppy and, Tigerstar.” “Tigerstar!? Tigerstar!?!? Great StarClan! He’s your father!?” “Yeah, and I can’t do anything about it. Oh, Starpelt,” he started. “Starpelt, the love you.” He was afraid she wouldn’t love him back. “I love you too, Redfur, and here is one more thing, I’m in WindClan now.” Fear pierced Redfur like a thorn stuck in his paw. “Starpelt, after the Gathering, lets go hunting together; right after the Gathering. Okay?” He tried to do something so that he will try to forget that she’s from WindClan. “Alright!” “Well see you after the Gathering!” “Bye Redfur!”

The Gathering started with a murmur of cats talking about Tigerstar. Leopardfur started the Gathering off. “Crookedstar lost his last life two days ago, and I was appointed leader of RiverClan. Yesterday, I traveled to the Moonstone so I could gain my nine lives.” Cats were whispering to each other about Leopardstar. “I am now Leopardstar, leader of RiverClan.” Cheers came from RiverClan and also other cats from WindClan and ThunderClan. Next, Tallstar started to speak. “WindClan is happy to present a new warrior, Starpelt.” Redfur saw her face grow hot with embarrassment. Redfur gave a little chuckle as most of the cats at the Gathering were cheering for her. “Nothing other than the warrior ceremony has happened since,” Tallstar stepped down from the Great rock in the middle of Fourtrees and joined Leopardstar. “We have given WindClan and ShadowClan each a cat,” Bluestar began. “Starpelt and Redfur are now part of different Clans. Also, a pack of dogs have killed a few of our cats. We have found that they are living under Snackrocks and we need as much help from all the Clans to help us wipe away these evil beasts from the face of the forest.” Gasps and murmurs were surrounding Fourtrees. Leopardstar meowed, “We will help ThunderClan because we too have been having problems with the same pack.” Tallstar mewed, “We have not had problems yet, but we will gladly help ThunderClan for bringing us back into the forest with the other Clans.” Tigerstar next spoke, “We have not been hurt by these dogs so we will not help ThunderClan with these dogs because we are fighting rats and other rogue cats at the moment.” Cats were staring at Tigerstar, including Redfur. Why won’t Tigerstar help ThunderClan? Redfur thought. “Also in ThunderClan, Runningwind, one of our warriors, has died from rogue cats that came into our territory.” Redfur gasped. Runningwind, his mentor, was dead!? He couldn’t believe it. He didn’t want to believe it. Runningwind was... dead. “There is nothing more for ThunderClan to report,” Bluestar jumped off the Great Rock and sat next to the two leaders. Tigerstar was the only one left. “Just like RiverClan, ShadowClan has also gotten a new leader and deputy.” Redfur’s pelt started to get hot. “I am the new leader of ShadowClan, Tigerstar. I went to the Moonstone to go and gain my nine lives yesterday. Also, ShadowClan’s new deputy is Redfur, my son.” Redfur saw many cats’ eyes staring at him. He wanted to remind them that he isn’t like his father, bloodthirsty, evil, and a betraying piece of fox dung. “ShadowClan has been having fewer rats’ encounters now. Besides that, ShadowClan has nothing more to report.” Bluestar walked up to Redfur. “You are nothing like Tigerstar. You are like Lionheart, a brave and noble warrior.” Redfur remembered the wise deputy. He died trying to save many cats’ lives during an evil ShadowClan rampage in the ThunderClan camp. And now he can only see him in the stars or in his dreams. “Goodbye, Redfur. Hope to see you sometime, most likely next Gathering.” As Bluestar padded away towards the other ThunderClan cats, he felt almost like he missed ThunderClan. Suddenly Starpelt trotted up to him like a rambunctious little kit. “Are you ready to go?” “Almost, I need to tell Tigerstar first.” Starpelt sat next to one of the trees as Redfur told him that he was going to g and hunt for a little bit. Then he rushed back and walked with Starpelt towards Barley’s farm.

“Hey Starpelt, want to go the Moonstone?” Redfur thought that if he went to the Moonstone, he could be able to find out how Runningwind, Redtail, and Lionheart were doing. “Okay! I’m sorry StarClan for saying this but, breaking the Warrior Code is kind of fun!” Redfur and Starpelt started to go into a pace, trying to see who got to the Moonstone first. They ran inside the cave and stopped to only stare at the wonderful and beautiful Moonstone. It wasn’t as cold as it was outside because it was Leaf-bare. The Moonstone was a large, silvery bright rock, which had light shining from the Moon. “Are you ready, Redfur?” “Why would I not be?” Redfur retorted. They both lay down next to the Moonstone, and when their muzzles touched the great rock, they fell into a deep, sleep.

Redfur found himself walking towards a Carrionplace close to the Twolegplace. Cats he didn’t recognize were gathered all around a small cat with a dogteeth collar. He started to back away, but his legs didn’t let him. “Boulder, why are you back? And who is that with you?” “This is Tigerstar, my leader, and he wants to speak to Scourge; he might want to hear this.” “Alright, I’ll go get him.” Redfur then fell into a dark hole and found himself next to the Great rock at Fourtrees. “Hello Redfur,” meowed a cat that was on top of the Great Rock. “Redfur, my name is Lionheart if you didn’t recognize me. What you just saw was BloodClan.” “BloodClan?” Redfur got up onto his paws and started to listen. “BloodClan has the most ferocious cat in all of the forest.” “That’s right,” meowed another cat he found out was Redtail. “And BloodClan will kill Tigerstar very soon,” meowed a third cat named Runningwind. “I understand, but what am I supposed to do?” “You must go follow wherever Tigerstar goes, until he brings BloodClan into the forest to try and destroy all of the other Clans. You must go and help Fireheart and Starpelt so they won’t die in the battle that is about to begin. Fire Alone can save our Clan,” Lionheart meowed to Redfur. He didn’t understand it. He wanted to ask him, but then he drifted away from Fourtrees and found himself next to the Moonstone. He got up and saw that Starpelt had woken up too. “How was your dream?” “We can not discuss dreams to other Clans remember?” “Oh yeah, well I better get back to WindClan, goodnight Redfur!” before they left, they shared tongues under the Moonstone together.

Redfur walked into the camp only to find his mother carrying two kits. “These are my two new kits!” she meowed happily. “This little black tom is Smokekit and this little gray she-cat is Talonkit.” They are wonderful little kits!” Redfur meowed trying to make her feel happy. “Well I better go into the nursery before these two little ones get cold. Goodnight Redfur!” As he watched his mother walk into the nursery and he walked into the Warrior’s den. He found most of the cats sleeping, so he went into his nest and fell heavily asleep.

Redfur woke up to hear raindrops falling from the sky. Newleaf was here. He stretched and cleaned his pelt and walked into the nursery. Tallpoppy was cleaning Talonkit. Smokekit turned and saw Redfur. “Redfur’s here!” he squeaked. Talonkit ran out of her mother’s paws and ran up to Redfur. They both pounced on Redfur and pinned him down. “Awe, you both got me,” he meowed happily. “Hey! Talonkit! Smokekit! That is our Clan Deputy you’re on!” They both got off immediately and meowed, “We’re sorry, Redfur.” “Don’t worry about it. Tallpoppy, want me to go and get you some fresh-kill?” “Yes please. Thank you, Redfur.” Redfur trotted out of the nursery and headed over to the fresh-kill pile. He grabbed a snake for Tallpoppy and a frog for himself. He wasn’t too hungry. He took the two preys and headed towards the nursery, once again. He gave the snake to Tallpoppy. “Oh thank StarClan for this wonderful prey!” Redfur chuckled and ate the rest of his prey. He got up once he finished and started to head out of the den. “Leaving Redfur? Well see you again sometime today!” He meowed a goodbye and padded off to the clearing. He found Russetfur training with Cedarpaw. He meowed, “Nice job Cedarpaw!” “Hey, Redfur, can I ask you a favor?” Russetfur meowed. “What is it?” “Can you train Cedarpaw for little bit while I go and eat some fresh-kill? I’m parched!” “I would gladly like to!” Finally! A chance to show apprentices how to be a warrior! “Thank you Redfur! I’ll be back soon!”

“Okay, Cedarpaw first we will begin with a move I taught myself.” “Okay!” Cedarpaw meowed happily. Now be ready like I’m a ThunderClan cat. Cedarpaw got into a crouch as he watched Redfur pace back and forth. Then Redfur ran next to him and moved him paws under his. Cedarpaw tripped and found Redfur on top of him. “Whoa! That was cool move! Can I try?” “Okay, but remember, put your paws under mine.” Cedarpaw nodded and starting pacing back and forth. Then he ran up to Redfur and moved him paws under Redfur’s. He pounced on Redfur. “That was perfect! You got the move down!” Cedarpaw jumped off of Redfur and sat down. Russetfur just came back with fresh-kill for Cedarpaw. “Here you go, and Redfur, can you show me that move you did with Cedarpaw?” Russetfur must have been watching. “Okay, do you want me to do it to you?” “Sure!” Redfur paced back and forth like he did before and hit her paws underneath his paws and pounced on her. “Wow! Nice move! That will surely help during battles!” “Well I better get going because I need to assemble a hunting patrol. You two want to come?” “We would gladly like to,” meowed Russetfur.

Redfur gathered the patrol and headed off into the brambles. Russetfur and Cedarpaw were closely behind him. Suddenly, Redfur caught the smell of frog. “It’s behind that old, fallen tree. Want to go catch it, Cedarpaw?” “Anything you say, Redfur!” Cedarpaw went into the hunting crouch, without letting the frog even see. Then, Cedarpaw pounced on the frog and killed it with one claw. “Nice catch Cedarpaw!” Russetfur gladly meowed. Cedarpaw padded up to Redfur with the frog in his mouth. “Bury that in the ground right here, we’ll come for it later.” “Okay,” Cedarpaw meowed with the frog in his mouth. Cedarpaw buried the frog and carried on with the hunt. The soft, squishy, ground made it easy to catch and find prey. Russetfur saw something and jolted behind a small hill. “Russetfur, where are you going!?” Redfur loudly meowed. The rain was still pouring from this morning so it was hard to catch her scent. They ran behind the hill and found a cat with its paw on the body of Russetfur. “Russetfur!” Redfur meowed. “Cedarpaw, go get help! Now!!” Cedarpaw ran as fast as his legs could bring him to the camp. Redfur ran into a pace and jolted right onto the cat that was on top of Russetfur. He used the trick he had taught Russetfur and Cedarpaw to use. The cat didn’t know what was coming. Redfur pounced on the rogue cat and scratched his face. The cat yowled in pain. Redfur saw the limp body of Russetfur and scratched the cat again. Redfur let the cat go and watched him run away like a frightened dog. He ran over to Russetfur’s wet body. “Russetfur, wake up!” he meowed in sorrow. Russetfur turned her scratched muzzle toward him and meowed back, “What?” Thank StarClan she’s alive! Redfur said under his breath. “We need to take you to camp and fast!” He grabbed her neck and put her on his back. He ran so fast that not even StarClan themselves could catch him.

Redfur ran into the clearing to see Cedarpaw gasping at the look of Russetfur. Her fur was torn, and she had horrible scratches on her muzzle and her paws. “Where is Runningnose!?” Redfur meowed angrily. Runningnose ran out of his den to find Russetfur lying in the clearing. “Is she, dead?” Runningnose meowed. “She will be if you don’t heal her!” Redfur retorted. Runningnose brought Russetfur into his den and didn’t come back out. Redfur waited outside his den so he could see Russetfur. The rain had been dropping all day, and Redfur’s coat had been soaked all day long. Runningnose called out from his den, “You may come in now, Redfur.” Redfur quietly walked into the den and found Russetfur lying in one of the nests. “She will be better tomorrow, but she needs to rest today.” Redfur looked at her dark ginger pelt, which was now torn in different places. “Alright,” Redfur meowed and walked off trying not to think about Russetfur. He sat below the High rock and thought about Starpelt while the rain was rushing onto him.

Redfur woke up below the High rock and found out that he slept there the whole night. He got up and saw the clear skies. Finally the rain had passed, but his fur was wet from lying in the rain all night long. He didn’t see any cats out yet, but he knew the Dawn Patrol had already left. He walked into Runningnose’s den and saw that Russetfur was actually awake. “You’re finally awake,” Redfur meowed. “Yeah,” she half yawned. He padded close to her as he sat down next to the soft ferns she was laying on. “So how’s your paws?” he mewed softly. She sighed and meowed softly, “I think they’re infected.” He gasped. He couldn’t let Russetfur get hurt, who knows when the cats come again? “I hope Runningnose will get you better soon,” he meowed, still concerned about her. He walked out of the den and looked into the clearing. He saw Tigerstar standing in the clearing, watching an apprentice coming out of the Apprentice’s den. He padded up to Tigerstar and asked, “Should I take out a patrol and check for anymore of those cats, the ones that hurt Russetfur?” “Alright, but don’t get yourself killed, I don’t want my son do die this soon.” Redfur thought he heard a chuckle in his throat, but he wasn’t sure. Redfur nodded his head and walked away, looking for some warriors to take with him. He remembered that Cedarpaw didn’t have a mentor at the moment since Russetfur was in the Medicine Cat’s den. He tried to find Cedarpaw and found Jaggedtooth instead. Jaggedtooth was still disappointed about not becoming the deputy. Rowanpaw was closely behind him. “Do you need something Redfur?” Jaggedtooth growled. “I was just wondering if you and Rowanpaw wanted to go and hunt, and patrol borders with me and Cedarpaw,” Redfur meowed scornfully. “Are you Cedarpaw’s new apprentice?” Jaggedtooth laughed. “Redfur! Come! I need to speak with you!” Tigerstar yelled from across the clearing. “I’ll give you an answer once I finished my meal,” Jaggedtooth growled, and he walked towards the fresh-kill pile. Rowanpaw kept following him. He slowly walked into Tigerstar’s den. “Redfur, sit down.” He meowed peacefully. “There is something I must tell you about Russetfur. She is in no condition to train Cedarpaw at this moment, so you will be Cedarpaw’s new mentor. I already discussed this with Russetfur. Besides, Cedarpaw is becoming a little old for an apprentice, so his warrior ceremony won’t be long.” “Alright,” Redfur meowed. “But,” Tigerstar started, “There is something else you must know. I am planning an attack on ThunderClan. ThunderClan has been patrolling their borders more often. We also don’t have many warriors, so we must take some strong warriors. I am going, and you will too. We will take Cedarpaw, Jaggedtooth, Rowanpaw, Boulder, you, and me. That way, we will still have warriors in the camp. Is this all okay with you, Redfur?” Redfur stared blankly at him. What will happen if one of his old friends from ThunderClan dies? He tried to picture Starpelt with her beautiful green eyes looking over WindClan. “So, Redfur, will you join me or not?” Redfur jolted and answered, “Alright Tigerstar, just tell me when we’re leaving and we’ll get ready to leave.”

Redfur found himself waiting next to Tigerstar in almost an instant. He wanted to leave now? He sighed, and gulped down the last two bites of his prey. Cedarpaw was nudged against him, still shaken from the last attack on Russetfur. Redfur licked Cedarpaw’s ear to try and calm him down. He said, “Don’t worry Cedarpaw. Russetfur will still be able to see you become a warrior.” Cedarpaw looked up with a smile, but sadness surrounded his eyes. Tigerstar ordered them to move out with a flick of his tail. Redfur was showing Tigerstar where the tunnel under Thunderpath was. Tigerstar ordered all of the cats to go under Thunderpath using the tunnel. Even though how evil he was, he wouldn’t dare let one of his warriors die from a Twoleg monster. Another thing Redfur realized again that even though so many cats had laughed at him since he was Tigerstar’s son, he didn’t mind it. Actually, he never really noticed any laughter or mocking from the clan. Sometimes they were actually proud of it. As the cats headed into the forest, Tigerstar meowed, “Any cat you see, kill them. Another thing, don’t go near Snakerocks.” Redfur was confused. Why not go near Snakerocks? Redfur lashed his tail around his paws as Tigerstar spat, “We will show no mercy at all!” The cats meowed an agreement, and soon every cat was gone except for him and Cedarpaw. “Cedarpaw,” Redfur meowed, “Do you think I would make a good leader?” “Of course Redfur! You would probably be just as good as Raggedstar or maybe Bluestar from ThunderClan, or maybe…” Cedarpaw’s voice trailed off. Redfur was watching a patrol go by. He saw Fireheart and Graystripe. He tried to remember the other two warriors, but he couldn’t remember. Cedarpaw was already behind the fern, watching with his green eyes. He was a wonderful apprentice for his age. They watched as the patrol moved on, and then started to head back to camp. There weren’t any cats alone he could take head on. Cedarpaw was still trembling. He was afraid that Tigerstar was going to do something. Redfur suddenly saw Jaggedtooth with Rowanpaw. Rowanpaw was Cedarpaw’s sister, but he never liked to say it. “Did you find anyone Redfur?” Jaggedtooth hissed. “Only a patrol, but there were four warriors on the patrol. One of the cats was the clan deputy, Fireheart.” Jaggedtooth’s ear twitched. Jaggedtooth never liked Fireheart. He thought he was just a worthless kittypet living in the forest with the clans. It was true he was a kittypet, and that he lived in the forest with the clans, but he wasn’t worthless. Then as Redfur was about to talk, Tigerstar and Boulder padded through the ferns with a smile. Oh no, that smile on his face means he got a cat, Redfur meowed under his breath. “Warriors of ShadowClan,” he meowed happily. “I have killed a cat named Brindleface. She was a she-cat to ThunderClan.” Redfur scraped his paws on the ground. “She was a wonderful queen, and she had many kits in ThunderClan.” Then Tigerstar finished speaking, and they headed out and back onto ShadowClan territory.

Redfur slowly walked into ShadowClan camp as he looked around for his mother. Tallpoppy was already asleep in the nursery. Redfur looked up into the moonlight sky, and realized a gathering was to happen right after the next moonhigh. Redfur went into the warrior’s den and curled up in a nice bit of ferns, and went to sleep.

Redfur woke up the next morning and checked to see if it was already dawn. He looked at the other cats that were still in bed. He saw Jaggedtooth and Boulder. He got up and went out into the clearing. The morning was damp with dew, and the clearing was misty. He looked for Cedarpaw. Cedarpaw was just awakening from the apprentice’s den. He looked at Redfur and padded up to him. “Redfur, should we go and get some fresh-kill, so we can impress Tigerstar when we get back?” “That seems like a good idea,” Redfur meowed. They exited the camp slowly and secretly, so no cats would follow them.

Redfur and Cedarpaw reached the edge of Thunderpath with a couple mice in their mouths. They were happy that they caught something other than frogs and adders. “Since the fire in ThunderClan, more mice have come into our territory,” Redfur meowed to Cedarpaw. “Cedarpaw, how many mice have you caught so far?” “Three, including the one I buried earlier,” Cedarpaw meowed happily. “Good! I might have to tell Tigerstar you are ready for your warrior ceremony!” Cedarpaw’s eyes showed excitement. Redfur knew that Cedarpaw should be a warrior by now. “Well, let’s get back to camp, shall we?” Redfur wanted to get back to camp. He was so tired because he didn’t get much sleep since he was stalking ThunderClan cats all night. “Alright, just let me go and get that mouse I buried around here…” Cedarpaw dashed into the murky puddles of water, and came back with two mice in his mouth and another mouse on his right paw. “Well, let’s get going,” Redfur meowed calmly.

Cedarpaw returned to camp with his three mice. He proudly placed each one on the fresh-kill pile. Redfur watched Cedarpaw walk into the Medicine Cat’s den. Cedarpaw wanted to see Russetfur again. Redfur got up and padded into Tigerstar’s den. Tigerstar wasn’t in his den! Redfur found Boulder and asked, “Where did Tigerstar go?” Boulder looked away from Redfur and hissed, “He went to go somewhere close to RiverClan territory.” What had Tigerstar done to ThunderClan now? Redfur turned away from Boulder and headed to go and see Russetfur to see how she was doing. He hadn’t checked in to see her in a while, so he wanted to see now. “Runningnose, may I come in?” Redfur meowed. “Sure, just don’t eat any herbs that are in here!” Redfur chuckled, and then padded inside. Russetfur was lying on some soft moss. When she saw Redfur, her head went up like a rabbit coming from its hole. “Hi Redfur!” she meowed happily. “Hi, how are you doing?” “I’m going to live! That’s for sure!” Russetfur hissed. Redfur purred, and then asked, “Will you be able to go to the Gathering tomorrow?” “No, I will be able to get out of this den, but I’m not fit for a gathering,” Russetfur sighed. “Well, I’ll check back soon, and Cedarpaw has been doing great!” Redfur purred. Happiness flew into Russetfur’s eyes, and Redfur heard a purr somewhere in her chest. “See you soon Russetfur!” Redfur yelled. “Bye Redfur!” Russetfur added. Redfur walked out of the Medicine Cat’s Den and saw that Tigerstar was back. He saw a look on his face, and then Redfur realized, did he fulfill what he told him, I plan to kill Bluestar? Tigerstar walked up to Redfur and meowed, “I killed Bluestar, so now we will be able to move on with ruling the forest.” Redfur looked at Tigerstar for a moment, and then nodded. “Tigerstar,” Redfur began. “I think it’s time for Cedarpaw to become a warrior. He has done many things for the clan and looks about ready.” “Alright. I will announce to the clan at once.” Tigerstar walked out of the room in a flash and called out to Cedarpaw. Cedarpaw looked for a minute at him, and then nodded with a grin on his face. “Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather ‘round for a clan meeting!” Tigerstar called out. Redfur jumped up onto the Highrock with Tigerstar. Tigerstar nudged Redfur to call out to Cedarpaw. Cedarpaw came walking up slowly but happily to the Highrock. “Cedarpaw, you have been an apprentice and have shown the clan your loyalty. Are you ready to become a warrior and care for the clan, even at the cost of your life?” Cedarpaw nodded and answered, “I do.” Tigerstar’s voice rose as he yowled the words, “Then by the power of StarClan I give you your warrior name, Cedarheart.” The word rose among the cats, “Cedarheart! Cedarheart!” Cedarheart sat below the Highrock looking very proud. Then Tigerstar’s voice rose once more. “You will sit vigil watching over the camp tonight. Do you understand that, Cedarheart?” “Yes, I will stay out here.” Tigerstar nodded and then jumped down. Redfur stayed on the Highrock a little bit and saw Russetfur in the back looking very proud. Tigerstar looked up into the stars and then turned to Redfur. Redfur jumped down and joined his father’s side. “Redfur, BloodClan is coming tomorrow, at dusk.” Redfur looked at him in confusion, but then saw the evil look in his eye. “They will help us rule the forest, so are you going to be ready for the battle tomorrow?” Redfur slowly nodded. First Bluestar, now this? “I am going to RiverClan to discuss this. I will be back by morning. If BloodClan comes, tell them that I am coming soon.” Redfur nodded. Tigerstar walked out of the camp in a quick second. Redfur watched him walk away, and then padded slowly back to the warrior’s den to go to bed. He found a soft patch of ferns and slowly but suddenly went to sleep.

Redfur was in a pitch-black forest, covered in trees that reach all the way to StarClan itself. “Hello?” he yowled into the trees. He sniffed the air, and smelled a strong scent he had remembered from somewhere. He looked out into the trees and saw a clearing. He looked more closely and suddenly could smell the fresh scent of blood. Redfur ran into the clearing and saw a small kit that was a pale gray. The gray tom writhed on the ground, screaming in pain. His blood had pooled around him, and his fur was torn in numerous places. Redfur yowled in distress, then ran toward the young kit. “Stay alive!” he yelled, racing toward him. Every time he took another paw step towards the kit, he kept getting farther away. “No!” he screamed, his paws skidding on the edge of rock. He was falling, falling into the darkened abyss. His paws slid out from under him, and he splashed into the rushing water. The water drove him down, darker and darker. He opened his mouth, but only water rushed in, filling his lungs.

Redfur woke up, his pelt wet and clumped from sweating through the night. He started to get up, only to see Oakfur glaring at him. “Could you please keep the noise down? Some of us are trying to sleep,” he growls, his fur fluffed out. “Sorry,” Redfur muttered, laying his head on his forepaws. Oakfur rolled his eyes and curled back up again, closing his eyes. Redfur got up from his bedding and headed out into the clearing. It was still dark, but the sun was just coming up from the Twolegplace. “Almost dawn,” Redfur sighs, padding over toward the Apprentice’s Den. Rowanpaw was happily sleeping, his ginger pelt lifting and descending. A growl emitted inside of Redfur’s throat. He needed to do something to keep his mind off of the dream he just had. He poked his head out of the Apprentice’s Den and headed for the opening in the camp. He wanted to get out, to see if hunting could clear his mind a bit. He ran out of the camp, racing into the marsh.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:43 pm
i've read it and i think its great! its rather long though...maybe you should break it up into seperate posts?  

Panda--Chan
Captain

I Deutschland I
Crew

5,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:24 pm
Yeah, maybe I should xD
But then again, I forgot to put chapters in this >_<  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:53 pm
That was cool! i wish i could write a story like that. i stink at it...  

Feathertail14

I Deutschland I
Crew

5,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:15 am
Thanks ^^
I made it a long time ago, but hey, I guess it's good xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:10 pm
At this part: Tigerstar walked out of the room in a flash and called out to Cedarpaw. Cedarpaw looked for a minute at him, and then nodded with a grin on his face. “Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather ‘round for a clan meeting!”

i read it "Let all cat's old enough to catch there own Cedarpaw." XD  

Currently Dead Account

MoonClan

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces