Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Closed Culture/Open Culture Pantheons Which is which? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:53 pm
Honestly, I've been looking around. The internet search engines suck! Anyone care to answer the question, please?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:03 pm
Hellenic and Roman are open. Totally. My gods want to have a good time with you. Just don't utterly bastardize them, and they are copacetic.

I almost wrote "and they are kosher" there. And then remembered that most people don't get my slang, and well, kosher is totally wrong in that context.  

maenad nuri
Captain

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:26 pm
I see thanks. 3nodding

Any others out there?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:21 pm
I believe the Norse Gods are pretty open to outsiders, not all AsatruaR are Norse after all.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:28 pm
That's true.

I wonder which ones are closed though?

Any more open, I'd love to hear too.

Thanks for your input guys. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:31 pm
RubyLight
That's true.

I wonder which ones are closed though?
Rroma, the Wica, the Gael and YHVH are "closed" to different degrees. The Gael and the Rroma are ethnically bound, but YHVH and the Wica just require conversion.

Quote:
Any more open, I'd love to hear too.
Egyptian traditions seem to have similar prohibitions as the Hellenic and Roman deities.  

TeaDidikai

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:35 pm
Egyptian too? eek

By Gael do you mean Celtic?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:40 pm
RubyLight
Egyptian too? eek

By Gael do you mean Celtic?
The Gael are just one group within the Celts.

By Gael I would say what you've come across as "Irish".

Also, the bulk of the American tribal traditions are closed except by invitation and since Shinto has incantations to ward against non-Japanese it's fair to consider them closed as well.

There's also something to suggest that traditional Hinduism was closed, but modern movements are open.  

TeaDidikai

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:49 pm
The Shinto makes sense, since until recently, the Japanese were very ant-foreigner.

Interesting. I am not sure, but would any of the higher-ups in the guild be interested in making a guide of the closed culture and open culture pantheons?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:05 pm
RubyLight
The Shinto makes sense, since until recently, the Japanese were very ant-foreigner.

Interesting. I am not sure, but would any of the higher-ups in the guild be interested in making a guide of the closed culture and open culture pantheons?
"Higher ups"? You mean like crew or the captain?  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:03 pm
Does your question include atheistic, nontheistic and pantheistic systems? Or just theistic ones?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:35 pm
Recursive Paradox
Does your question include atheistic, nontheistic and pantheistic systems? Or just theistic ones?
How does one have a non-theistic pantheon? And why would it establish itself as closed and under whose authority?  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:43 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
How does one have a non-theistic pantheon?

I'm not sure? I guess I was just asking if she was expanding her question beyond pantheons.

Quote:
And why would it establish itself as closed and under whose authority?

I dunno? I could imagine an atheistic system that closes itself based on the rules of the group and not necessarily an authority other than that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:54 pm
TeaDidikai
RubyLight

"Higher ups"? You mean like crew or the captain?

Well, yes, or any one with quite exstensive knowledge on the subject.

You're more than qualified yourself. redface  

RubyLight

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:00 am
RubyLight

You're more than qualified yourself. redface
If you ask the right questions and put in the research, you could turn this thread into such a list yourself. Or start a new one.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff