Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
~`My Marine~ (Full) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:07 am
In a land far away, mostly in the country, there lived a girl in a boy. They did everything together. They went to the same school, had the same friends and even ate at the same restaurants with each other's families. The two were inseparable best friends.

One day near the end of their senior year of high school, the boy told the girl that he was going to become a Marine. She was furious. For the rest of the year, she didn't want to talk to him. He never got a chance to tell her that he was doing it for her because she always said how she loved her father in the Marines. The boy had hoped that if he had become a Marine, she would love him too. On the day of his departure, she never showed up. Little did she know that three words could have stopped him. Three words that he never said himself.

Five years later, the boy is honorable discharged and comes home. He is stronger and wiser but he never stopped thinking about her. The girl hears of him coming back but doesn't say much about it. She, again, doesn't show up at his arrival. Instead, she continues to work at a place the two had always talked about. Owning their own bookstore. With her father's help, the girl was able to get what they wanted to work for together.

What will happen once he sees her? What will she do?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:10 am
I'm sorry to say but this is literate only. I'm tired of working with one liner people. So please....no one liners. I understand writers block but it can't happen in every post. When you send me the pm, tittle it "Your Marine Man" if you're interested. The profile skeleton is coming. I will post it later.

Also, I do not care if a guy or girl plays the Marine so long as they are literate and the Marine is a guy. That's all I want. Please and thank you.

And......I think that's it.....if not I can always add stuff later.  

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:51 am
[color=blue]
[size=10][b]What I see everyday:[/b] [Picture; doesn't matter if it's real or Anime.]
[b]What my mother calls me:[/b] [Name]
[b]What I work as: [/b] [job...yes the Marine can have a job already or he can just be looking]
[b]Apparently I'm:[/b] [Age; 20-25]
[b]My story:[/b] [Your life]
[b]I act:[/b] [Personality]
[b]The puppet master:[/b] [Gaian name][/size][/color]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:32 pm
Profiles:

What I see everyday: User Image
What my mother calls me: Nick Landivar
What I work as: Nothing yet, but the Classifieds are full of hope. For me at least...
Apparently I'm: 24
My story: After trying to impress her (and failing) by entering the Marines, I have decided to come back to try and catch her heart again. My years in the Marines were tough, but to tell the truth I did not like them so much. I did, however, learn how to survive, swim, and got the workout of my life.
I act: Like a Clown sometimes, but I am serious when the time calls. I also am respectful of my seniors.
The puppet master: otawara

What I see everyday: User Image
What my mother calls me: Angelica; my friends call me Angie but he always called me Ang
What I work as: A bookstore owner. No ones knows that it's the store we always talked about.
Apparently I'm: 23
My story: I always loved him. I just never told him. On the day I was going to tell him was the day that he told me he was becoming a Marine. I couldn't take it. Yes, I loved my father as a Marine but I didn't want to lose the man that I loved. In my mind, I was afraid that he was going to go to war and then never come back. I felt that if I let him go then I wouldn't have to worry about my heart breaking into a million pieces upon saying goodbye. The thing is, on the day he left, my heart did just that.
I act: Outgoing, I used to be really hyper around him but now it's not so much but when I'm in the book store I act very serious.

The puppet master: elphy_and_fiyero

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:07 pm
Angie woke up like every day. Slammed her hand on her alarm clock, stubbing her toe as she walked to the bathroom, taken a shower, changed into some clean clothes, ate her breakfast, brushed her teeth and left for her bookstore. The bookstore that always reminded her of the promise she had made with Nick. The thing was that the promise was that they would open it together. To this day, Angie never really understood why she opened it in the first place. The one thing she was trying to do was get him out of her mind. But that was impossible now since everything reminded her of him.

As she walked into the bookstore, she was greeted by her friends and some familiar customers. Angie took her place behind the counter on the stool. She picked up the same book she had read so many times before. Macbeth by William Shakespeare. She had read the book so many times that she could recite almost the same things. No matter how hard she tried, though, she could never buy another copy. On the inside of the back cover was the message To someone as amazing as you from the luckiest guy in the world -Nick.

Several people passed by her counter and, at first, she wasn't really paying attention to them since she was still reading her book. That is, to say, until they uttered one word.....or name.

Angie looked up from her book and tried to concentrate on what more they were saying but they had moved onto another topic. Rachel, her best friend, set a box down beside her full of their new shipment of books. Angie opened up the box and began to put them away like she had done so many times before.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:15 pm
Nick sighed deeply, waking up. 'I hate Mondays....' he thought to himself as he got up. He made his bed in sixty seconds on the dot. Nick reached for the penny on the nightstand and dropped it on the bed. It bounced once, twice before landing flatly. "Excellent." he smiled to himself as he stepped into the shower without turning on the heat. His shower was fast and without even drying, he stepped out to brush his teeth. His behavior had changed in the time he was away. He never made his bed and he hated cold water. He still brushed his teeth every day though.

He stepped downstairs and ate his breakfast quickly too, not leaving a scrap on the dish. He then washed it rapidly and went back upstairs to dress. He slipped on a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt and his favorite coat, as the weather was rather chilly outside. "Alright.... today... I try again." he said, heading out the door. He didn't bother lock it, there was nothing worth stealing in there anyways. Nick stopped by the Flower Shop and bought a huge bouquet of roses, Angie's favorite flower. He looked down at the best friends necklace she had given him and sighed deeply.

That necklace had been the only thing besides the pictures of Angie that reminded him that as soon as he got back, he HAD to apologize and confess. He had become heartbroken in his time in the Marines, for Angie never answered his letters or calls. For five years, he wasted his daily call on her. He kissed the heart and walked out of the Flower Shop, heading for the book shop.

Though he had seen her there, he did not approach her, Nick had thought of nothing to say to her. She was even more beautiful now than before, so someone must have claimed her already. But he didn't know that, which gave him hope. He walked into the store and gulped as he headed to the counter. He covered his face with the bouquet and smiled. "Amanda, a certain gentleman has sent you an enormous bouquet of roses. Care to find out who it is?" Nick said, hiding his voice.  

otawara

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:13 pm
Angie placed the book that was in her hand. A gentleman hid his face behind the flowers. She shook her head. It was impossible that someone had sent her flowers. She began to place more books on the shelves, not really looking at the man holding the flowers. "I'm sorry but I think you have the wrong place." Rachel, who had seen him walk in, walked up to him and grabbed the flowers.

"I don't think so." Rachel sang as she looked at the card. She had moved to their town long after Nick had left. She never knew what he looked like or even knew much about him since Angie never talked about him. Angie sighed and placed her other book down to look at the card but the face on the man stopped her in her tracks. Her heart had stopped and she could no longer breathe. Angie had hoped she would never see him again and yet here he was standing in front of her. Rachel smelled the flowers and then handed them to her. Without taking her eyes off of him, Angie shook her head.

"I don't want them." Angie said in almost a whisper. She angrily picked up a book and shoved it on the shelf. Rachel looked back between the two of them but had no idea what was going on. Rachel began to chase Angie around the store who continued to put new books away.

"Um, Angie. What's wrong?" Rachel asked but Angie just shook her head, not really wanting to discuss it. "At least tip the guy. I mean he was just doing his job." Angie stopped and turned to Rachel. She was about to say something but Angie stopped herself. Rachel didn't understand why anger was building up inside of her. Angie mumbled something about having to go back to work and continued to put books on the shelves. The whole time she couldn't help but want to talk to Nick. Wanting answers. Wanting to tell him how she felt before he had left. Then again she didn't feel the same as she did back then. At least she thought she didn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:22 pm
Nick's heart broke in two. "...." he sighed to himself. "She.... she....she totally forgot about me....." he said. He had endured getting shot by accident, starvation, dehydration and had never complained. A tear escaped his eye and hit the floor. His best friend had forgotten him. The girl he loved had forgotten him. "Angie...." he said, starting to follow her.

"...Its... Its me... Nick...." he said, fighting back his sadness. "...look... you... you remember this?" he said, showing her the pendant. "And.... And you remember we were both going to open a book store? And... And... And that book I gave you.... And.. I wrote to you every week.. and called every day...." he said, breaking down.

"And.... you didn't come talk to me when I was going to leave.... And..last week when... I came back, you didn't come to see me...." he said, a frog in his throat. His fists were clenched so hard, the bottom part of the bouquet snapped off. The bundle of Roses hit the floor silently, just like his tear.  

otawara

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:34 pm
Angie slammed the box of books to the ground as she glared at him. "Of course I remember you. How could I forget?" She said in a whisper so not to make a big scene. "How could I forget you? I know I got your letters. I never read them. I know you called me. I never picked up because I knew it was you. I even had to get a new cell phone because you wouldn't stop calling me." Many people around the store began to wonder who was talking. Angie grabbed Nick by the shirt and shoved him outside so they could continue to talk.

"You want to know why I never wrote you back or picked up your phone calls? You weren't supposed to be a Marine. I still can't believe you became one!" She practically shouted. Angie followed her arms and tried to keep the tears it. The pain in her chest was growing as she looked at him. Her heart was only still beating for him. The pounding in her chest became louder that she wondered if he could hear it. Wondering if he even wanted to hear it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:42 pm
"But.... Angie! I became a Marine.... for you....." Nick said, holding her arms. He sighed heavily. "That's the reason I wanted you to come before I left.... I wanted to tell you two things..... The first one... is that.... I remember when you used to talk about your father.... and how much you loved him when he was in the Marines...." he started, looking into her eyes and trying to maintain a steady voice.

"And... I became a Marine...for you... to impress you...." Nick said. "Now... you're wondering why I want to impress you... Its... because.... well... I love you." Nick said, finally letting it out. He let go of her and hugged her tightly, just like he used to in the old days. "I'm sorry...." he said, letting her go. "I...I...." he said nothing else. Nick stuffed his fingers in his pockets and looked down, hiding his eyes with his hair.

He didn't want her to see him cry.  

otawara

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:54 pm
As Nick wrapped his arms around her, she closed her eyes and sighed. His giant arms felt so nice around her. It had been so long since they had embraced. Angie's heart slowed down as chills ran up and down her spine. Nick released her and Angie couldn't help but feel anger again. "You....became a Marine.....to impress me? You didn't even talk to me about it? If you did you would know that I didn't want you to become a Marine. I didn't want you to leave because I was afraid of you getting hurt or worse." Hot tears began to run down her cheeks.

"After all these years, you finally decide to tell me that you did it for me? How could you? Don't bow your head. You're tougher than that now that you're a big shot Marine." Angie took a big breath and let it out slowly. "Look, Nick. The reason why I didn't want you to go was because I was in love with you. The day I was going to tell you was the day that you told me that you were going to be a Marine." Angie quickly wiped her tears and tried to hold her head up. Her father always told her that brave people never bowed their head at embarrassment. "I have work to do." She muttered and walked past him in the bookstore. Rachel gave her a curious look but Angie shook her head as picked up her Macbeth book. Shakespeare always helped her to feel better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:03 pm
Nick wanted to go after her. He stood proud and tall, wiping the tears off his eyes. Nick looked at his half of the heart pendant and smiled to himself. His heart wasn't completely mended, but it was starting. At least now he knew the feeling was mutual.

He walked into the store, looking for Angie. He spotted her reading a book and walked over to her. He picked her up and swung her over his shoulder. "Come on. We have to talk!" he said, making sure she wasn't hit by the door or the roof on the way out. He remembered how he used to carry her just like this. He could only do it for minutes but now he could go on for hours.

"Alright.... Angie... where do I start...? There's so much..." he said as he carried her towards the park, paying no regard to Rachel who stopped following after realizing the book store was left unattended.  

otawara

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:19 pm
Angie gasped as Nick just hosted her over his shoulders. "Nick, put me down!" She shouted as she began thrashing. Rachel tried to stop him but he was already out the door. Angie sighed as it was no use. Nick had gotten stronger over the years and it showed. "I'll be back later, Rach." Angie called before he walked out of the door. "You couldn't just say 'hey, is it ok if we talk later? I won't take no for an answer.' No of course not. You had to be all macho caveman like and just take what you wanted." Angie tried thrashing again but Nick held his grip. "Stupid Marines." She muttered.

As Angie saw things moving backwards, she looked around at their surroundings. "Where are you taking me? Wait," She said with a fake smile, "let me guess. You're taking me to you cave. I knew it." She sighed. "Nick this is ridiculous. Will you put me down already?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:26 pm
"Only if we can talk, Angie." Nick said, setting her down. "First of all, If I would have taken what I wanted, I would have kidnapped you years ago. But I respected and still do you. This is just an emergency." Nick said, looking into her eyes.

"Look, this must be really weird, but look.. I love you and you love me.... and... there was never a day when I did not think about you... And... years later.. here we are... we just admitted we love each other...and you just walk away like it was nothing?" Nick asked, biting his lip.

"....Angie... I love you... I really do..." Nick said, keeping his head up.  

otawara

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:47 pm
Angie didn't know what to say. She knew they loved each other but the question was could she ever forget the day she left. Tears ran down her cheeks as she shook her head. "You......left.....me." She said slowly. "For....five years. Instead of just telling me how you felt, you leave. Just decide to leave. You didn't even discuss it with me."

Angie fought back more tears as she paused to bring back her voice. "Nick..." She choked. "The reason why I left was for that reason. Because you left me and stayed there for five years." Angie bowed her head and sighed. It wasn't that she was embarrassed but giving up on hiding it any longer. "I've always loved you Nick. But you hurt me and I don't know how to deal with it."

03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff