Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Aura Photography... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:22 pm
Doesn't actually show your aura.

It looks pretty and can be a useful tool if you find someone who understands them.

I plan to upload the ones I had taken at the fair yesterday, but for now we'll just talk about folks' experience with auras.

Do you have any tips for viewing them?
What common colors or patterns do you see in yourself or others?
Is there a popular "coding" system that you use?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:28 am
What is aura photography exactly?  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Not a bad overview.

The site even has a sample picture.

It's based on a similar technology as the bio-feedback monitors- and it's just as easy to manipulate.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:38 pm
TeaDidikai
Not a bad overview.

The site even has a sample picture.

It's based on a similar technology as the bio-feedback monitors- and it's just as easy to manipulate.

Okies. I'll check it out.  

Recursive Paradox

patch99329

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:13 am
What do the Kirlian cameras actually show?

Hehe, I don't actually know the first thing about auras. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:38 pm
patch99329
What do the Kirlian cameras actually show?

Hehe, I don't actually know the first thing about auras. sweatdrop
Kirlian photography catches corona discharges from the electric field of an object.  

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:32 pm
I've experienced something I've always figured was seeing my aura. Been ages, but I used to be bored in class, and I'd practice looking at my hand.

I thought it a bit funny cause I'd alwas read (or perhaps simply interpreted the text and accompanying pictures that way) that auras showed up as an outline.

I was a little surprised to find all sorts of colours swirling around on (top of?) my hand. I went "Hey!" a little too loudly for the front row seat that I had and the teacher looked at me a little crossly while a pink splotch moved the other colours away.

I do also see blue and yellow around items, but I suspect those are there because I'm short-sighted (I believe the term is in English) and that basically means I need to get my eyes checked for a loosening eye.. something..

It does appear to be something related to my eyes themselves, at least, as the colours inverse when I turn my head. Someone tried to tell me that meant I was in an inbetween stage or something, but.. dunno, to me, that reeked a little..

*had a look at the aura photography site*

Okay, those pictures don't really look like what I saw.. But that doesn't tell me if I did or didn't see aura's, I guess, hehe..  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:58 pm
Maze

It does appear to be something related to my eyes themselves, at least, as the colours inverse when I turn my head. Someone tried to tell me that meant I was in an inbetween stage or something, but.. dunno, to me, that reeked a little..

*had a look at the aura photography site*

Okay, those pictures don't really look like what I saw.. But that doesn't tell me if I did or didn't see aura's, I guess, hehe..
Not being behind your eyes I can't tell you if what you're seeing is an aura or a retinal burn.

Best ask Deo how to test that one when she shows up.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 am
TeaDidikai
Not being behind your eyes I can't tell you if what you're seeing is an aura or a retinal burn.

I blink a lot to undercut the "retinal burn" aspect.

However, so far I seem to only see hot/cold sides or misty filmy over everything, aside from the heat-waves around people and some objects.

I had one of these taken AGES ago. Lots of orange and green with two bright white bands on either side of me. The woman who interpreted it said I had awfully thick shields for "this few people".

It was SO not"this few people". These days, however, I try to keep a shadow of sorts over my shield.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:10 pm
Tea, is an aura photo doesn't show your aura, what are all the colors and blurrs in the photo? I'm just curious. My colors from photo to photo are always very similar, though size and shape varies a lot for me. Anyhow, I'm just wondering what I' looking at.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:51 pm
blindfaith^_^
Tea, is an aura photo doesn't show your aura, what are all the colors and blurrs in the photo? I'm just curious. My colors from photo to photo are always very similar, though size and shape varies a lot for me. Anyhow, I'm just wondering what I' looking at.
My suspicion is that it's a combination of bio-feedback readings set to popular color correspondences that are blended with the light readings from the camera.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:02 pm
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai

I blink a lot to undercut the "retinal burn" aspect.

However, so far I seem to only see hot/cold sides or misty filmy over everything, aside from the heat-waves around people and some objects.

I had one of these taken AGES ago. Lots of orange and green with two bright white bands on either side of me. The woman who interpreted it said I had awfully thick shields for "this few people".

It was SO not"this few people". These days, however, I try to keep a shadow of sorts over my shield.

I see 'heat waves', but several medical sites indicate that they're technically migraines inside of my eye (medical term for floaty bits, not the headache attack thing, which is apparently technically a migraine something). I'm near-sighted, and they're quite common as far as I can tell, so I'm reluctant to actually believe they really are heat waves.

I must also note that I'm not entirely certain what the symptoms for 'retinal burn' is. I've tried finding information on it, but mostly I get told 'it's bad and can cause blindness.'

When viewing objects - human or inanimate - I find myself noting two colours around them (just beyond the lines of their bodies), especially when I'm not looking straight at them. Blue on one side and yellow on the other. The colours reverse when I turn my head. They also show up around shadows.

When viewing an item or person - or their shadow (though, I can't recall with a 100% certainty if I've seen this around the shadow of inanimate objects themselves - en face, the colours tend to be replaced with.. sort of.. I don't know how to put it, really. Almost visible light-approaching stuff.

The time that I think I might've seen my aura, though, it appeared on top of my hand, and the colours did not extend beyond it. No.. what's the word.. corona(?) was visible. They were fluid, and the yellow, blue and.. hell if I remember what all else, were flooded by pink when I went "coooooooool.." at it.

So, dunno, really.

I guess the blue/yellow could be related to viewing auras, but I'm thinking of asking the doc information on retinal detachment when I'm there for the foot again.  

Maze

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:16 pm
Retinal burn occurs when the same wavelengths of light deplete chemicals within your eyes that are needed to indicate colors, leaving splotches of colors that contrast the color you were looking at in most cases.

If your only seeing blue and yellow, and they inverse, you're not seeing auras. Get that checked out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:06 pm
TeaDidikai
Retinal burn occurs when the same wavelengths of light deplete chemicals within your eyes that are needed to indicate colors, leaving splotches of colors that contrast the color you were looking at in most cases.

If your only seeing blue and yellow, and they inverse, you're not seeing auras. Get that checked out.

That's not all I'm saying, but it was in there. *nods*

Thanks for the info on retinal burn, though.  

Maze

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:24 pm
Maze
TeaDidikai

That's not all I'm saying, but it was in there. *nods*

Thanks for the info on retinal burn, though.
Happy to be of help.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces