Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
..... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sousa bad?
  VERYY BADD get back to WORK!!!
  NAWWW tis OK
View Results

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:15 am
User Image
Hi! Salut !

des informations sur moi biggrin

*I am Madame de Sousa aka Maggie*
I used to be maggitty88 If anyone remembers me from late 2007 - early last year 2008
*I'm 20 years old and I'm going to College at Mansfield University in Pa for now as a French Education major. *

***Since it is a New Year and a new Semester I hope maybe I will be able to lose weight again. I am very hopeful that this year will be much better. They say that the second semester of a college student is always better wink ***

**This is my second attempt at least on a thread keeping track to losing weight.**
** I have been in the Guild since 2007 O_o .. read more for why I have not been here**
**I have been trying on and off to lose weight for maybe 2 years. **

*I have always been a heavier unhealthy kind of person. I have addiction to chocolate and I kind of tend to live off subway.Everyone knows the first step of getting rid of an addiction is acknowledging you have one... unfortunately I know I have one just have yet to concur it. I had some health issues from my weight. I have very problematic feet therefore I get pain from them. This is what started my wanting to have better weight and health.
Last Year January - April I lost about 10lbs very difficultly buttttt I then went to Italy .....
This trip for about 2 weeks lead me to gain all what I lost in 4 months back plus some more . This being discouraging I lost interest in losing weight. I then went to college. surprised This was one of my worse times of trying to lose weight. I did have marching band I play Sousaphone ( reason for my name) , Baritone, and clarinet which helped me to not gain the extra mythical 15lbs but I didn't lose anything since wellll I kind of ate what ever I wanted aka junk food 34/7 . Also my school is on top of a mountain so I have to literally walk up hill to class and to my dorm.

I hate the most important meal of the day always have sad

I do like some sports so maybee there is hope for me if only I will eat right smile
I like to kayak which there is a kayak club in Mansfield which is really cool since we go in the pool with the kayaks smile
I like riding bikes, dancing, horseback riding and ice skating but I don't get to do the later two since I like most college students lack funds....

I do have bit of a busy schedule for classes this semester so this may effect my wanting to exercise. I am taking 18 credits ( 6 classes 3 hours a week) and I might also be working....

Last Issue is that I have bad sleeping patterns: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2004-12-06-sleep-weight-gain_x.htm)

My sleeping patterns are normally:
MWF
wake up 8:00/15 am class at 8:30 till 2:20 sleep all afternoon wake up round 7 eat dinner then do homework then sleep again NEED to Fit in an exercise area
TT
Wake up 9:30
Class 10 - 2:15
same as MWF
Sat and Sun sleep all day and night

Sooooooo somewhere I need time for exercise. wink

Gasp the Startling Statistics

Weight :150lbs
Height: 5'1
Waist: 36 in
Thigh: 20 in
Pant Size 10/12 petite

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW PIC 3/09
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Goal : 130lbs
be healthier
Less Soda!!
Less Subs!!
Less Chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Sleeping Patterns
heart

Weight Goal Prizes:

145:
Watch Les Parapluies de Cherbourg

135:
Fish!!

130:
kayak gear/ kayak

Sites, Tips, ect
1. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lifestyle-discussion/healthy-weighloss-updated-03-06-08-new-summer-eating-tips/t.34641233/
2. http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
3. BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)
BMR [kcal]
Body Weight [lb] x 15 + (moderate activity [mins/day] x 3.5)
Since you wish to lose weight, your target = BMR - 500 kcal
4. http://www.eztakes.com/store/streaming/watch.jsp?pid=0170307
5. http://www.eztakes.com/store/streaming/watch.jsp?pid=0170504

My set of homemade weights smile

Coding from Penguin*

[color=green][b][i][u]
Aujourd'hui[/u][/i][/b][/color]

[color=green]Vitamin[/color]

[color=green][b]Breakfast:[/b][/color]

[color=green][b]Lunch:[/b][/color]

[color=green][b]Dinner:[/b][/color]

[color=green][b]Snacks:[/b][/color]

[color=green][b]Water:[/b][/color]

[color=green][b]Exercise:[/b][/color]

[color=green][b]Total Calories[/b][/color]

[color=green][b]Comments:[/b][/color]

[color=green][b]Tip of the Day[/b][/color]

Comments, Advice, Observations, Criticism always welcome cool

____________________________________________________________________________________
Whats in a Label? eek

There are so many things on labels I had no idea what they were
This list will show what I am or others are really eating in at least the US
These are things at least I can not pronounce as my Tip# 2 said :

Alkali - A carbonate or hydroxide of an alkali metal, the aqueous solution of which is bitter, slippery, caustic, and characteristically basic in reactions.

Alginate is a viscous gum that is abundant in the cell walls of brown algae.

Ascorbic acidis a sugar acid with antioxidant properties in Vitamin C

Acesulfame Potassium is a calorie-free artificial sweetener, also known as Acesulfame K or Ace K (K being the symbol for potassium)
Acesulfame K is 180-200 times sweeter than sucrose (table sugar), as sweet as aspartame, about half as sweet as saccharin, and one-quarter as sweet as sucralose. Like saccharin, it has a slightly bitter aftertaste, especially at high concentrations

Canola oil been claimed to promote good health due to its very low saturated fat and high monounsaturated fat content, and beneficial omega-3 fatty acid profile.

Carnauba waxIn foods, it is used as a formulation aid, lubricant, release agent, anticaking agent, and surface finishing agent in baked foods and mixes, chewing gum, confections, frostings, fresh fruits and juices, gravies, sauces, processed fruits and juices, soft candy, Tic Tacs and Altoids.

Cellulose gumis one of the most common hydrocolloid or thickening agent used by the global processed food industry due to its versatility, ease of use and effective cost-in-use.is based on natural cellulose strains such as for example the lints from the cotton seed and its main functionality is to add mouthfeel and texture, stabilize proteins, retain moisture and form oil-resistant films in a vast variety of food applications.Grindsted Cellulose gum can be characterized by: Very high purity - minimum 99.5% White to off-white powder offering crystal clear solutions Offers a wide range of texture possibilities ,Cost-in-use efficiency

CarrageenanCarrageenans are large, highly flexible molecules which curl forming helical structures. This gives them the ability to form a variety of different gels at room temperature. They are widely used in the food and other industries as thickening and stabilizing agents. A particular advantage is that they are pseudoplastic — they thin under shear stress and recover their viscosity once the stress is removed. This means that they are easy to pump but stiffen again afterwards.

Chiory Root extractis a dietary supplement or food additive produced by mixing dried, ground, chicory root with water, and removing the insoluble fraction by filtration and centrifugation. Other methods may be used to remove pigments and sugars. Fresh chicory root typically contains, by dry weight, 68% inulin, 14% sucrose, 5% cellulose, 6% protein, 4% ash, and 3% other compounds. Dried chicory root extract contains, by weight, approximately 98% and 2% other compounds

Cyanocobalamin s an especially common vitamer of the B-12 vitamin family. It is the most famous vitamer of the family, because it is chemically the most air-stable, and it is the easiest to crystallize and therefore easiest to purify after it is produced is not one of the forms of the vitamin which is directly used in the human body

Datemis an emulsifier primarily used in baking. It is an acronym for Di-Acetyl Tartaric (Acid) Ester of Monoglyceride. It is used to strengthen the dough by building a strong gluten network. It is used in crusty breads, such as Rye bread with a springy, chewy texture, as well as biscuits, coffee whiteners and dressings.

DHA Algal Oil - omaga 3

ferrous sulate,It is commonly used for the treatment and prevention of iron deficiency anaemia.

follic acid,also known as Vitamin M and Folacin) and Folate (the anionic form) are forms of the water-soluble Vitamin B9.

Glycerin . It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid serves as a humectant, solvent and sweetener, and may help preserve foods

High Fructose Corn Syrup comprises any of a group of corn syrups that has undergone enzymatic processing to increase its fructose content, and then been mixed with pure corn syrup (100% glucose). High-fructose corn syrup is produced by milling corn to produce corn starch, then processing that corn starch to yield corn syrup which is almost entirely glucose, and then adding enzymes which change the glucose into fructose

Hydrochloridesalts the body usually absorbs a hydrochloride within 15 - 30 minutes.

Magnesium Oxide is a white solid mineral that occurs naturally as periclase and is a source of magnesium (see also oxide). It has an empirical formula of MgO.

Malic Acid when added to food products, is denoted by E number E296. Malic acid is the source of extreme tartness in so-called "extreme candy", for example Mega Warheads or Sour Punch candies. It is also used with or in place of the less sour citric acid in sour sweets such as Jolly Ranchers, SweeTarts and Salt & Vinegar flavor potato chips. These sweets are sometimes labeled with a warning that excessive consumption can cause irritation of the mouth.

mono and diglycerides, fats

Moncalcium Phosphateis also used in the food industry as a leavening agent to cause baked goods to rise. Because it is acidic, when combined with an alkali ingredient – commonly sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) or potassium bicarbonate – it reacts to produce carbon dioxide and a salt.

neotame
is an artificial sweetener made by NutraSweet that is between 8,000 and 13,000 times sweeter than sucrose (table sugar). Neotame is moderately heat stable and extremely potent, and is considered to be of no danger to those suffering from phenylketonuria, as it does not metabolize into phenylalanine.[1] The product is rapidly metabolized, completely eliminated, and does not accumulate in the body.

Niacin, also known as vitamin B3, is a water-soluble vitamin which prevents the deficiency disease pellagra.

Niacinmidef niacin

Palmitate fatty acids found in animals and plants. The World Health Organization claims there is convincing evidence that dietary intake of palmitic acid increases risk of developing cardiovascular diseases

Phenylalanine The breakdown problems phenylketonurics have with protein and the attendant build up of phenylalanine in the body also occurs with the ingestion of aspartame, although to a lesser degree. Accordingly, all products in Australia, the U.S. and Canada that contain aspartame must be labeled: "Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine."

Potassium Carbonates a white salt, soluble in water (insoluble in alcohol), which forms a strongly alkaline solution. It can be made as the product of potassium hydroxide's absorbent reaction with carbon dioxide

Pyridoxineis one of the compounds that can be called vitamin B6, assists in the balancing of sodium and potassium as well as promoting red blood cell productionIt is linked to cardiovascular health by decreasing the formation of homocysteine. It has been suggested that might help children with learning difficulties, and may also prevent dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis. In addition, can help balance hormonal changes in women and aid in immune system. Lack of pyridoxine may cause anemia, nerve damage, seizures, skin problems, and sores in the mouth

riboflavin,vitamin B2

soy phosphates,e, an inorganic chemical, is a salt of phosphoric acid. Inorganic phosphates are mined to obtain phosphorus for use in agriculture and industry

succinic acid.butanedioic acid; historically known as spirit of amber) is a dicarboxylic acid. Succinate plays a biochemical role in the citric acid cycle.Natural acid, present in most fruits and vegetables. Commercially synthesised from acetic acid.

Sorbitan Monostearate synthetic wax. It is primarily used as an emulsifier to keep water and oils mixed. is used in the manufacture of food
Sodium Phosphate is a generic term for the salts of sodium and phosphate. They are:Monosodium phosphate (NaH2PO4), Disodium phosphate (Na2HPO4), Trisodium phosphate (Na3PO4)
Sodium phosphates are used as food additives. Sodium phosphates are added to many foods as an emulsifier to prevent oil separation. Some examples are processed cheeses, processed meats, ready-made meals and tinned (canned) soups.

sodium stearoyl lactylate is an organic compound used as a food additive.It is made by combining lactic acid and stearic acid, and then reacting the result with sodium hydroxide or calcium hydroxide to make the sodium or calcium salt. It is used as an emulsifier in processed foods

thiamine mononitrate, vitamin B1, is a colorless compound , thiamine plays an important role in helping the body convert carbohydrates and fat into energy.

Turmericis sometimes used as a coloring agent, is used to protect food products from sunlight.

Xanthan Gumis a polysaccharide used as a food additive and rheology modifier  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:20 am
welcome~!  

Soi Tsuba

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:32 am
Soi Tsuba
welcome~!

Thank you smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:15 am

Aujourd'hui 1

Breakfast:
n/a
Lunch:
Chicken Noodle Soup since its collllldddd out side and snowing like Crazy
Dinner:
Garlic Noodles - 320
Snacks:
pudding - 240
cookie sad 700
Water:
2 bottle 1L 7 am

Exercise:
20 min dancing from DVD 200

Total Calories

Food + 1240
Exercise - 200
-----------------

Comments:
I didn't have an veggies today sad
The cafe isn't open yet so I had to deal with what I had which lacks veggies and full of chocolate sad

I know the calorie intake is very baddddd

Tip of the Day

Water you waiting for? If you’re not drinking enough water, your body will let you know. Thirst is an amazing sensation - quench it. If you’re not hydrated, your body won’t be working at peak levels. Most of your body happens to be water, by the way. If you’re worried about “water weight,” remember that you’re likely to retain more water when you’re not giving your body enough of it in the first place. Besides, that’s what those workout sessions are supposed to help with every other morning. I’m not going to dictate how many glasses you should drink, though - as that’s going to vary from person to person.
http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/06/05/50-weight-loss-tips/  

Madame de Sousa

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Aujourd'hui 2

Breakfast:
n/a
Lunch:
n/a woke up at 3pm O_o
Dinner:
pork 500
veggie lo mean 310
green beans 40
snap peas 20
gaderade 120

Snacks:
cookies 300
Water:
.5 L
Exercise:
20 min dance 200

Total Calories

Comments:
I slept all day until I moved down the hall to a new room
Its bigger so I can do more stuff in it and my new roommate is better than my last one.. smile
I ate Veggies today YAY

My back and thighs hurt like crazyyy sad

Tip of the Day

Read the labels
If you can't read it don't eat it aka meaning it is something that probably you shouldn't be eating in the first place.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Aujourd'hui 3

Breakfast:
muffin 500
OJ 210
Lunch:
Mac and Cheese 200
Eggplant 200
salad 50
pork 300

Dinner:

Snacks:
brownie 300
hot chocolate 200
Water:
1 L
Exercise:

Total Calories
Comments:
I'm sooo exusted
4 classes is alot of classes in one day gesh

wayyy to much chocolate but i did have eggplant and salad smile

Tip of the Day  

Madame de Sousa

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:00 am

Aujourd'hui 4

Breakfast:
cookies sad 300
Lunch:
new england chowder
cal 320
sodium 870 O_o

Dinner:
artichoke 120
broclii 60
mash potatos 60
salad 100
meat loaf 210
bagel 500
gaderaide 120

Snacks:
jello 100
Water:
1L
Exercise:
dance 40 min
bike 20 min
eliptical 10 min
Total Calories
Comments:
Ive been very bad about cookies and stuff at least they are gone now curse grand parents awasome cooking
Tip of the Day

Spice it up.

Add spices or chiles to your food for a flavor boost that can help you feel satisfied.

"Food that is loaded with flavor will stimulate your taste buds and be more satisfying so you won't eat as much," says Perdomo.

When you need something sweet, suck on a red-hot fireball candy for a long-lasting burst of sweetness with just a few calories.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/15-best-diet-tips-ever?page=2  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:31 am

Aujourd'hui 5

Breakfast:
OJ 210
egg and cheese pizza 500 emo
Lunch:
bean and cheese Quesedeia 450
salad : lettuce, cucumbers, tomato, pepper 100
potato 40
carrot 30
apple 50

Dinner:

Snacks:

Water:
1L
Exercise:

Total Calories

Comments:

Tip of the Day
Bring the color blue into your life more often. There's a good reason you won't see many fast-food restaurants decorated in blue: Believe it or not, the color blue functions as an appetite suppressant. So serve up dinner on blue plates, dress in blue while you eat, and cover your table with a blue tablecloth. Conversely, avoid red, yellow, and orange in your dining areas. Studies find they encourage eating.

Madame de Sousa

Starlurk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:49 am
I love reading your tips! I also really admire that you list the ingredients of what goes into your food biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:15 pm
Starlurk
I love reading your tips! I also really admire that you list the ingredients of what goes into your food biggrin

Thanks smile

Its hard to put all the ingredients since college food doesn't give it to me but I try smile
Though nicely at my school they tell you how many calories are in the food you're eating.

Madame de Sousa

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:34 am

Aujourd'hui 6

Breakfast:
yogurt 320

Lunch:
Turkey ,wheat sub, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo
,vinger ,oil

banana

Dinner:
Salad - 100
Caribbean vegetable 60
spinach 60
potato 60
vegetable lesignia 200

Snacks:
smilies 500cal
has 100% Vit C
tapioca pudding 110cal , 140mg sodium
sad
Water:
1.5L

Exercise:
10 min dance - sad
Total Calories
Comments:
Ick day
good i ate vegs at dinner but rest of the day ick

I've been way to exhausted to exercise sad
dk why

my arm has been hurting for 2 days and I havent even done much with them :/
Tip of the Day

Vitamin C and Obesity and Weight Loss

Studies suggest that obese individuals may have lower vitamin C levels than non obese individuals. Researchers speculate that insufficient amounts of vitamin C may contribute to weight gain by decreasing metabolic rates and energy expenditures. Many sensible weight loss programs will be sure to include foods rich in vitamin C, such as plenty of fruits and vegetables.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:51 am

Aujourd'hui 7

Breakfast:
Egg pizza 500
OJ 210

Lunch:
rice and beans 30
salad 100
pepper 80
jello 100
carrot 20

Dinner:
ramen
Snacks:
smiles 200
Water:
1 L
Exercise:

Total Calories
Comments:

Tip of the Day
Walk whenever you can
Instead of that elevator take the stairs or have to get something from the store 3 blacks away? walk it unless there is alot of stuff you need to buy

Good thing about living on a college campus that doesn't allow cars... You have to walk Everywhere!  

Madame de Sousa

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:21 am

Aujourd'hui 8

Breakfast:
OJ 80
Nutri - Gram Vanilla yogurt Bar 140
Lunch:
n/a
Dinner:
rice and vegs 200
orange 80
steak 500
salad 100
scallop potatoes 230
snap peas 30

Snacks:

Water:
3 L
Exercise:
25 min dance - 100
60 min treadmill 3.5 - 4.0 mph 250
Total Calories
1230 +
350 -

Comments:
Good Day yay

I went to the gym with my roommate Ayana
It was my first time on a treadmill and I did well I lasted the 60 mins

Ayana is really good at exercising she tried to teach me yoga but I ended up rolling on the floor laughing

maybe I will get better at stuff instead of roll on the floor laughing razz
Tip of the Day
Here's an easy way to find out if you're working hard enough (or too hard) while exercising: You should be breathing too heavily to be able to sing, but not so heavily that you can't talk. If you can sing while you're exercising, you might want to step up the intensity a bit. But if you find you can't catch your breath enough to talk during exercise, you're probably overdoing it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 am

Aujourd'hui 9

Breakfast:
OJ 80
Apple Cinnamon Grain Bar 130
Lunch:
Omelet - 550
Turkey Sandwich - rasb vingerette, cucumbers, tomatos, turkey, pepper, lettuce - 320
Grapefruit 50
Soy Chocolate milk - 170
Dinner:
pasta 100
veggies 80
jello 100
chicken 140

Snacks:

Water:
3 L
Exercise:
Bike 30 min - 170
Treadmill 30 min - 150
50 situps doesn't matter razz
kayaking 3 hours O_o 950

yay burned off that omelet
Total Calories
650 O_o
Comments:
Kayaking = lots of cals burned but its soooo much fun we do it in the pool smile I did it most of last semester and I hope to do it alot this semester then even get out on the Rapids YAY
If I lose my weight and keep it off I'm getting a green one
Tip of the Day

Fat-free isn't always your best bet. Research has found that none of the lycopene or alpha- or beta-carotene that fight cancer and heart disease is absorbed from salads with fat-free dressing. Only slightly more is absorbed with reduced-fat dressing; the most is absorbed with full-fat dressing. But remember, use your dressing in moderate amounts.  

Madame de Sousa

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:11 am
I'm going to try this
http://www.presidentschallenge.org/activity_log/

Also the Gym at my school is doing a program called 30/60/90 which each time for the time period you get points and win prizes

smile  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces