Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Question: Your longest 1x1 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:05 am
What long-lasting 1x1 RPs have you been in? How many pages/posts, or how long did they last? What do you think made these RPs last so long? Were they the best 1x1s you've ever been in, or was there something else that kept them going?

For me, my longest 1x1 RP was over AIM, and it was longest in terms of time-- we spent years RPing together in a single RP. It was one of the best 1x1s I've ever been in, but I know it wasn't just that that made it so long. I've been in other fantastic 1x1s that didn't last more than a month. So much depends on your partner! My partner was intelligent and knew how to plan ahead when it was needed. We understood each other's characters and how to keep them together without it feeling forced. We were both flexible and would trade off playing different NPCs when it would make the RP more interesting. When needed, both of us were capable of writing a much longer post/summary of an event that the other character wasn't involved in. Even when I couldn't be online as much-- well, it didn't seem to matter how long it had been since the last time we RPed. We kept records and could pick up where we left off.

What about you guys?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:20 pm
The longest 1x1 RP I've ever had was over PM's for about five months. It was when I was just starting RolePlaying, about a month after I had first started. =3

It started out between our two characters, then we added in some of our other characters, then it died. ._." But it was sweet, and me & the guy got to be really good friends. I miss him now. v-v  

Hideaway Katherine

Shirtless Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

shayerahol22

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:47 pm
My longest rp started almost three years ago, and is still going today. :3 It's with my best friend Genie, and we know like, everything about our characters, and do pretty much exactly what you do with the planning ahead and sharing NPCs. xD It's epic. They also tend to branch out. >>; Like, we'll send another pm that starts as a question, and then it'll develop into either a script or a roleplay. 8D That's how we got four roleplays, ten scripts, and a chat. xD I love it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:42 pm
After three years, I bet you DO know every thing about each other's characters! eek that's a long time for any RP, but especially a 1x1!

The 1x1 I mentioned, I just started a different one with her. biggrin We had a long break where we didn't RP the other one, and she and I decided that the other one had gone on long enough. This one's not long yet-- I mean, we've been RPing for four hrs over PMs (multitasking ftw), but it's the first day and it's already pages and pages of text. The thing is, I don't really RP like this with any one else! With any one else, it would be like 4 posts total right now, MAYBE.

And yes, when someone clicks with you like that in writing, you really can become friends!  

MrsMica
Crew

Kiara Silverwolf

4,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:30 pm
My longest roleplay lasted over six months, and became long enough that, if we wanted, my friend and I could create a novel or two from it. Our posts were huge and there were a lot of them... The really long roleplays get a little boring or hard, but with that friend, it seemed really easy... Well, compared to all the other roleplays I've been in anyways.

My friend and I have started a new roleplay, it's only got a few posts, but I bet by the end of feb, we'll have a lot more then that. ^^

Gosh I love to roleplay.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:06 am
I started a RP here called Vampire's Requiem, sometime in the winter of 2007. I didn't expect it to go far, let alone anyone actually be interested. Little did I know that the guy who sent me his RPC bio would eventually become my best friend. He lives in Florida, and I live in West Virginia, and we do everything together. Sometimes, it may take up a month to reply due to us both being in college, and also myself having an on the side full time job, but when we post they are pages long, and we look forward to them! It's a sexy romance RP! *WARNING! SOMETIMES TOO STEAMY FOR YOUNG EYES LOL!*

My favorite RP that I'm currently doing is with a guy named Exsphere Crusix. It's over the PM's, and I think it's been going on for the greater portion of 5 to 6 months. And we've maxed out at least 9 PM forms, and have had to copy and paste the ends of our posts because they get cut off when you've maxed out the PM, and start a new PM. We RP as multiple characters. I myself carry four on my shoulders, and he generally only carries three, though one character that I play (A little Princess) we both can manipulate. It's so action packed, and there's a little drama, and some romance too! I've copy and pasted every post onto a Word Document, done no editing what so ever, and I think it's like 59 pages long our RP is..and I haven't added the last maxed out PM that we just did. This PM form we're working on now will be maxed out in the next two days or so! I'm going to make a book out of it. It's utterly fantastic!  

Raven Rae Knight

2,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:23 am
LOL
Just remember that if it's too much for young eyes, it shouldn't be on Gaia, not even in PMs.

Mine's up to 6k in words already, just from yesterday. eek  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:53 pm
lawl, yeah. I've been thinking about starting a new 1x1, but no one ever really seems all that interested anymore...  

Raven Rae Knight

2,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:00 pm
Really? This subforum seems really active to me, and there are always people in Barton OOC looking for 1x1s.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:51 am
I think for the most part when i post that I've got a new one on one that I want to do, people have too many standards for what kind of role play that they want to participate in. I know I do to a degree *LURVS romance/action rps*, and I typically don't do the fantasy ones...though from time to time I like to try new things. Mainly I stay in the other sub-forums...lvl 2, lvl 1, and the main forum page. I have several rp's that I enjoy greatly there *points to siggy*, and two or three here that I like a lot too.  

Raven Rae Knight

2,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

kissmel8atnight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:49 am
I've had two long RP's...well decently long. Waiting is one Tested_and_true is my partner. It's oober cute...but were thickening the drama. Plus my spelling sux so OH WELL lol.

Also I had one over YIM that lasted ooberly long. We had it going to the point that two relationships started out of four characters, a child was born, and the child is grown and almost starting her own relationship. But its awsome ^^ havent rp'd that one in a LONG time but hey! razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 am
lulz , my longest rp was around a year vary dramadic we stoped after a while and started up a new one 3nodding  

swampyoukai

Tipsy Shapeshifter

7,750 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:21 am
That's funny. I used to be in some RPs where the characters had kids, but we sort of cheated by skipping ahead  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:58 am
I think it was with GHost Patriot. ^^; xD That's probably not how you spell his username... Anyways, it lasted a long time, then we kinda lost it since he couldn't get online at that time. He was a princess, and I was one of thoes, lower class people.. xD It was kidna funny, mainly consisted of the couples areguing, or doing stupid idotic things...Or at least my Character was. ^^

And my current probably most long term role-play buddie, would probably be xaldindark I don't remeber his username either, xD FANCY THAT.

And the one I'm currently doing with DnCStar is at about 800 something odd posts. ^^

netflex_and_chill

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:20 am
LOL
You were a peasant you mean.

There should be some arguing between characters in a long RP. If your characters got along all the time over every thing, how boring would that be?

800 posts is a lot. xd  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces