That's nice Wraith...
  That's not good for you!
  Yes! Extra hours in the week!
  I'm on one myself!
View Results

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:34 pm
I thought of this idea after having altered my sleep schedule because of the immense amount of work I have.

In this thread, discuss everything related to sleep. Here are some suggestions....

Wether on not you like it
Your thoughts on it
Your personal schedule
Schedules you wish you had/could stick to
...and wether or not you can sleep.
How long you've gone without sleeo
The longest amount of time you've slept

Also feel free to tell about stories involving sleep and sleep deprevation!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:36 am
Sleep is great, and yet however able I am or am not to get a decent amount of sleep I am still tired, I think I have reserve supplies of drowsiness. sweatdrop  

Shadowed Intent

broken_joker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:57 am
I normally only get 5 or 6 hours sleep - which apparently is unhealthy.

Longest I've slept for is 16 hours.

Longest I've been without sleep is 50 hours. The result of far too much Coffee.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:41 pm
I've gone without sleep for 24 hours. I was at my best friend's birthday sleepover and I didn't sleep at all. Two of my other friends who where there and I played Sims 2 all night. Sierra passed out on a DDR mat around 11 the next morning though.

I also think I have some kind of insomnia. I'll sleep through the night without getting up but I'll be tired when I wake up. I tend to be tired a LOT so I drink tea/coffee and other caffineated drinks when I need them but I'll be tired JUST after drinking stuff like that.  

InnisTheMirageOfDeceit

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:41 am
I love sleeping. Sadly though, it is very hard for me to fall asleep no matter how tired I might be.

The longest I've ever lasted without sleep I think was about 41 hours...maybe a little more. I think the longest I've slept was maybe 22 hours because I used to play sports and my coach was very tough. My coach would have us practice for at least hour hours after school every day of the week and then I'd have to get home to do homework so by the weekend I felt like I wanted to die.

Also, coffee, tea, and the like helps me fall asleep which I find to be awesome since I love things like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:15 pm
I have really big problem with sleep. I hade all my life. Some rare occasion I got regular sleep and wake up well rested. But it usaly last a month then there always something that breaks the habit.

to me it is both way I sleep to mutch and to little. Once I sleeped 21 hours without any reason.
A nother time I sleped 3 hours in 3 days could not just fall a sleep. Times like that you go crazy and I was rely afraid to something spontaneously stupid like commit suicide!

Becuause of my situation I studie sleep a lot on my spare time. And there is so many reasons why you might have "sleeping disorder." Like exercise, what you eat and dont eat. Stimulation during the day. Depression and a lot more. Even thoe to all this studies I can still not sleep regulay  

Blackdeviation

900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Zandratic

6,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:38 am
lets see....i cant fall asleep till at lest midnight and even theni have to get up to early however on the weekends i dont go to sleep till about 7am then wake up around 2pm and i get yelled at for it and my mom thinks im a werewolf because of it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:49 pm
I usually forget to sleep.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

The War on Indifference

Durem Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:17 pm
My relationship with sleep is bittersweet. I've never slept soundly- I can take hours to fall asleep, and once I fall unconcious I'm prone to waking up late or being lethargic and dozing off at odd intervals. I've had noticeable dark circles since 2nd grade. And though I love my sleep so, I'm not capable of sitting down and getting schoolwork done before 1AM, so I often have to deprive myself if I am to not fail. In these instances I have my caffeine to console me, at least...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:53 pm
Sometimes I try to sleep, so I can't and I'll just draw all night or something....

Last night I started a picture of a late 19th century English maid sitting in a chair and just....staring...  

Henneth Annun
Captain

icygirl357

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:45 pm
When I'm suppose to sleep I can't sleep. Which means I'm usually up anywhere from 12 to 3 am. And if the parental units let me sleep as much as I want, I usually sleep at least 12 hours. It makes the most sense to go to sleep late and sleep in late, at least that's what I think.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:42 am
I'm an art student.

This means that I sleep whenever I can fit it into my schedule. Sometimes this means going two days without sleep in order to finish projects, or crashing and sleeping for 16+ hours straight on the rare occasion when I find myself with my workload somewhat under control.

I used to suffer delayed sleep phase syndrome (in other words, I could never fall asleep naturally until between 3am and 7am) but now I am so sleep deprived most of the time that I can sleep whenever I find the spare time to slip in a nap.

My schedule is pretty erratic. On nights after class, I generally get back to my apartment at 6.40 or so, crash for three hours, get up and work for a few hours, then try to catch another four or five hours before I have to get up for classes. On weekends I usually sleep all day, and then stay up working until dawn.

I make it sound so bad! I honestly don't mind it though. I'm actually really happy being at art school, and enjoy most of the work! I could just do without such tight timeframes! xp  

DreamerSpirit

Morrighu

Distrustful Kitten

6,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:30 pm
Usually I go to bed around 10pm, and wake up around 8-9am. In between those, I normally get woken up 3-10 times by my kitten, Trixie. o.o;

A few days ago I woke up to a licking noise in my ear. Only to find that Trixie puked on my bed, and was licking it back up. x____x She had gotten so worked up because it was 8am, and my sister was supposed to take her out of my room for breakfast at 6:30am. >>

I used to have a hard time sleeping, but I've been working so hard lately, that I'm pretty worn out by the time I get to bed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:47 am
I don't have a sleep schedule, I sleep when I am tired.  

vincejustvince

the_underworks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:29 am
Personally for me, it depends what kind of fatigue I'm subject to. I usually go 36 hours without sleep if there is no physical fatigue involved. If I am involved in intense physical labor (such as my job) I usually last about 16 hours.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff