Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Fat Asians? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jelai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:16 pm
Not meaning to offend anyone; it's just what I observed.

Rarely do I see any fat Asians around...well, with the exception of sumo wrestlers, probably some of my uncles and aunts (pot bellies!), and my brother >.>

When I mean fat, I mean like, overweight fat. Because I have seen chubby Asians once in a while, but almost never like...well, "Biggest Loser" style.

So why are Asians not as fat as other groups?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:11 pm
Well, some Asian countries tend to be really poor and a lot of times, there's barely enough food for everyone. People eat just enough to survive and generally do not overindulge with food. I know that in China, meat was very expensive, so it was not consumed as often. China has only flourished economically in recent years. With its newly found prosperity, more of the Chinese are able to afford other forms of protein such as beef and pork.

In wealthy nations, food is more plentiful and people have a larger variety of foods they can choose from. Instead of a nice and healthy salad, some of us prefer to dine on pizza and hamburgers.

Asians tend to be small and lean because it's in our genes (Ha, that rhymed!). We are naturally smaller in stature than other races. Some of us can eat and eat and eat until we are blue in the face and still not gain a single pound. It's just the way we are.

And finally, being overweight is just frowned upon in Asian culture.

King Henry
Crew

t o x i c l i p s t i c k

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:14 pm
it's probably b/c the way we eat and what we eat.
but that's a possibility.
>.>
<.<
>.<

I'm not so skinny myself, but then again I'm not fat.
;p

everyone says I'm "normal" sized.
[???]
whatever that means.
xDD

I swear, my bewbs make me look...um.....not skinny.
D'x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Hm, yea i noticed that as well. Asains aren't fat. Some, almost none are like, what i like to call a "Comfy fat." But i never see asians that are like a "dead fat." blaugh

And me well... apparenlty I'm "Too skinny." But sometimes eating too much makes me feel bloated and fat.  

Xx-Tinaa-xX

Sesshomaruka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:04 pm
i agree with king henry x)

but there are a few i see that are chubby ~

bleh, im pretty chubby myself ><
ikky.
i use to be a skinny child, once i got in grade 6, i started gaining weight T__T
*sigh*
112 lbs. . .
im on diet mode, trying to get to atleast 105 lbs.

i wish i had a high metabolism D:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:39 pm
Now that yuu mentioned it..
it's kindda tru..
but theres this chubby girl in my sku..
I can only think of 3 in my whole school..
that are asian and fat XD

Rayns Fyre

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:08 pm
That's pretty true. King Henry pretty much said it.

I think it's also because our stomachs are heavier and can take in higher density. <.<"

And "high metabolism". sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:58 pm
There are a few fat asians.
But they are never disgustingly fat.  

Galaxy Shark

BlackHammer888

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:56 pm
Most of my guy friends and myself have monstrous metabolism. When we go out for dinner, we are basically "garbage cans". Finishing everything off the table is our job XD

I myself... have a belly... <.< trying to lose it right now lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:07 pm
King Henry
Well, some Asian countries tend to be really poor and a lot of times, there's barely enough food for everyone. People eat just enough to survive and generally do not overindulge with food. I know that in China, meat was very expensive, so it was not consumed as often. China has only flourished economically in recent years. With its newly found prosperity, more of the Chinese are able to afford other forms of protein such as beef and pork.

In wealthy nations, food is more plentiful and people have a larger variety of foods they can choose from. Instead of a nice and healthy salad, some of us prefer to dine on pizza and hamburgers.

Asians tend to be small and lean because it's in our genes (Ha, that rhymed!). We are naturally smaller in stature than other races. Some of us can eat and eat and eat until we are blue in the face and still not gain a single pound. It's just the way we are.

And finally, being overweight is just frowned upon in Asian culture.

interesting and good point of view.
gee, I dunno, it seems that my brother is the only exception >.>;;
he had his blood pressure tested the other day and he was borderline high-blood. he weighs more than I do now (160-something lbs.; 72.6 kg; is almost my height, or at my height, or a few centimetres taller than me; 5'4" 5'5" or 5'6"; 162-168 cm)

but then in terms of Biggest Loser-type fat, he is "chubby" instead of obese. But he is still overweight though (and what I consider to be FAT FAT FAT! errgh! I also hate how he eats all of my snacks without permission! D<)

Oh wait, I actually do know one Asian friend that can be considered borderline obese. She's not chubby, but more than chubby. ehh I shouldn't talk so much of it though. ^^;

considering wealthy nations, I notice that there are more fat people in America than there are in the developed countries of Europe. I once heard from a French tourist that she was surprised with the proportions of fast food here in the U.S. a medium-sized American McDonald's drink would be the equivalent of their large-sized McDonald's drink.

but I also think it has to do with what type of diet everyone eats. I once heard on KNPR radio (lol) that Mexicans are more likely to get a heart attack because of their foods; their foods have more of the fried variety adn likely to have more unhealthy oils and fats and such, but the radio dude was saying something on how Mexicans can limit that by choosnig healthier flour for their tortilla and baking things more or choosing better cooking oil. And then my dad goes on to comment, "no wonder why Mexicans are heavy" ^^;

I mean compared with the diet of the Americas, Asian food has more of the grains, fish, and vegetable variety than that of the typical U.S. diet. although, I think our foods have more sodium and MSG than any other country. ^^; >.<

Jelai

Pretty Leaf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:15 pm
What I've noticed is that a lot of my thin Asian friends eat homecooked food a lot more than my non Asian friends. They in turn eat at fast food every day. I remember one time when some Asian friends came with me to long john silvers so I could get my check (I work there), they said it was the first time they ever been there. Maybe that plays a role into why people see so few overweight Asians.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:00 am
Man I wish I were even the slightest bit bigger. >.<
But, yeah, I rarely see any seriously overweight Asians. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen any in real life. O__o

As for me, I'm 110 lbs. of pure skinny buff...apparently with curves and an unusually bigger butt. HAHAHA, weird, right? Oh, how I'd kill for an extra 20 pounds. McDonalds, here I come!!

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

Angels-of-Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:45 pm
I'm overweight But not very... =___=, But I am... There is also this thing I like to call my parents... >>" The guy I liked for(4yrs) likes skinny girls so it's tough for me. I am very short 5"1. I know this other azn girl who has it worse. Well the weight >>" 170 something... or 160 something...Which sucks.

Azns has a really high metabolism and we tend to be extremely skiny due to heredity. Plus Azn mothers are hardcore on weight so it just makes it worse. I'm on diet pills. Not really working. >>My dad is sexist so it's even harder to lose my access weight. =__= I want to join wrestling... but no.

Plus Azn food is so good >>"

I'm kinda jealous of those little dolls. So skinny and cute. And they can fit inanything. I'm viet living in SD, CA +___+ so it kills me looking at those girls at school. But their my friends...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:42 pm
I don't really know if i'm fat or if i'm chubby but i think i'm fat and i'm korean and i feel ashamed but some people say i'm chubby and some say i'm over weight. But not to my face but i think i am. SO Yeah Fat asians are really rare in some places and I agree with King henry.  

chowchowpup713

hikari megumi 15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:01 pm
some people who are fat are maybe lazy. They can be born that way. Mostly, it's because of the parents and what they feed to their child. For me, I got the big metabolism from my dad. And I'm skinny weighing at 117. sweatdrop  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff