Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
A bit of a natural experiment today + natural sweetner ...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:27 pm
User Image

I randomly decided that today, I will only consume natural things. For example, breakfast was six ounces of raspberries and green tea [filled me up really well]. My snack will likely be an apple or banana [it's been two months, can't find the lid to the blender].

Then for lunch I'm having zucchini and dates; dinner will consist of bakes sweet potatoes and whatever other vegetable or fruit I can find. I'm hoping it will make me feel really good. (:

I also got an ad in the mail with two sample packets of sugar; I'll type to you what the paper says that came with it.

"Our new sweetener is more than splendid, it's natural.
Born from a leaf, not in a lab, our perfect sweetener comes from the leaves of the stevia plan. We just give them water. We give them sun. Next we steep them in a process like making tea. Ultimately, these stevia leaves give back a recipe for sweetness that's both delicious and zero-calorie."

It goes on to state that a single packet is as sweet as "two teaspoons of sugar". The product is called Truvia. Does anyone else know anything about this?

[Sorry for the long Post!]

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:53 am
I haven't heard about that but it sounds really yummy. I say give it a try!
And also kudos for the healthy eating! It's such a shame that fresh fruit and veggies are so expensive though.

X Halt Salute

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:06 pm
User Image

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I shall tomorrow if I can procure some lemons as well.

Thankfully, I still live with my family as I'm not quite eighteen yet so upon a CostCo run I can pick out whatever desired produce. ^o^

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:45 am
Oh, I want to know what you think of the natural sweetener when you try it out. I'm scared of splenda and I love sugar. I've heard that all natural diets are good for you, like extreamly better.

I'll have to try and find some if it taste as good as it sounds.  

Bright October Skies

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:30 am
Sugar is sugar, and especially with the things that are 'sweeter than sugar' are dangerous because they give your body a taste for sugar that it craves. As in, if you eat these incredibly sweet things, that's what your body will be accustomed to.

And as for stevia, and stevia related anything. It always leaves a nasty after taste, worse than aspertame. And I can't bear aspertame.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:45 pm
X Halt Salute
I haven't heard about that but it sounds really yummy. I say give it a try!
And also kudos for the healthy eating! It's such a shame that fresh fruit and veggies are so expensive though.

If you have access try finding the local food warehouse in town. An example, I live in S.A. TX. I know that if I drive downtown to chico boys I can get all sorts of vegitables and fruit for practicly nothing.

what I bought this week:

3 huge bunches of broccoli ($1)
2 huge things of coliflower ($1)
1 lb of cherries ($2)

And so on.

Now why can I do this? Because the store is right next to the warehouse that sells it's produce and goods to other stores who in turn sell it to you for more money.

Chico Boys just happens to be amazing and sells really cheap.  

Soi Tsuba

Mesic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:21 am
Oooh... stevia... that's the green powdery stuff, right?
I couldn't place where I'd heard of it before, but I was having a cup of tea with a friend of my mother's, and she only had stevia, no sugar.
I was curious, so I stirred a little into my tea.

She kept going on and on about how great it was, but I thought it had a... ah... "woody" aftertaste. I didn't much care for it. sad
I actually realized I have a coupon for Truvia on my desk after reading this post.
*pitches it in the trash can* x3

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games