Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
What causes you to lose motivation, & how can you fix that?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

heartpellet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:19 pm
For me, when I don't see results in my body after what seems to be a long time, I jump back to eating whatever and forgeting my excercise regime.
Exam time also means stress eating and loss of excercise time.

To fix these problems before they take over me, I plan on doing the following:
1. Stay away from the scale for a longer period of time.
Usually I weigh myself each week to see if there's any immediate progress. I found that I became frustrated when I failed to lose 2 pounds each week. So instead of using the scale as a progress check, i'll use an article of clothing that either fits me perfectly at the moment or is snug. I still will weigh myself, but only once every other week.

2. keep diet sabbatoging foods away!
Out of sight, out of mind. Because I don't live alone, and my mom refuses to get rid of her ice cream, i'll make a section of the freezer for myself where i'll put reduced sugar sherbert. Same goes for pantries, where the family cookies and candy goes. I'll clear a shelf for myself and stock it up with healthy alternatives. If I did live alone or with another person who is trying to lose weight, then i'll make a pact with him/her to not buy any of the sugary fatty junk.

3. Make excercise a priority
Sure, I can't make my exam date a day later, but I can wake up an hour earlier to do my aerobic video. And if that doesn't work, then I'll walk and read my text book. (Studies have actually proven that your mind recieves information better when your body is doing something as well).

4. Congradulate myself regularly
No, I'm not going to eat a bread basket for losing a pound, but I will find something that I enjoy, like new clothes! Maybe i'll get myself some new active wear or sneakers for losing five pounds, or even for just sticking to my excercise regime. New active wear will also motivate me to excercise on days that I may not want to.

I hope these tips are applicable to you too! I look forward to reading your motivational tips for yourself and others soon! The best help is the advice we can give ourselves afterall.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:14 pm
You can also try rewards for losing weight.

In my journal I have a long list of what I'm going to give myself once I loose the weight. lol

One that I changed and is making me work harder is something as simple as a hair cut.

I literally haven't cut my hair since the end of july. I normally get a hair cut once every 6 weeks. Though it has saved me a slew of money since I normally spend $60 a hair cut XD  

Soi Tsuba

Sell Out Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:12 pm
It's going to totally sound depressing, but I am my own de-motivator. I mean, I've only been exercizing for about a week now. I feel like that isn't enough time to see results, and my boyfriend is always saying that I look fine. But that full length mirror in front of the shower is killing me. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:04 pm
I know Sell Out Kid, it's sooooo hard to stay patient! You have to really try though, I can't tell you how many times I've burned out and hated myself because I just wasn't patient enough.

The truth is, if I had been patient I'd be halfway towards my goal by now instead of starting over. wink  

Starlurk

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games