Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
holiday weight gain? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AoiMakura

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:31 pm
uggh the good ole holidays. i gained 5 lbs over the last three weeks and im really upset about it because i did my best to be concious of what i was eating but i guess my love for food got the better of me. still it makes me so....dissappointed in myself because i just undid everything i've accomplished, which isn't much, and now i find it hard to get into my regular routine again gonk . does anyone else share my pain?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:13 pm
I gained 4lbs from alcohol consumption on the 30th and the 31st, but I lost it all a day later.  

Soi Tsuba

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:37 pm
Ooooh, alcohol. I was horrified at my scale the other day, but that explains it quite nicely... I think I'll check back with it in a little while.

I'm guessing I gained three - five pounds.

Look at it this way, people generally gain EIGHT pounds over the holidays.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:44 pm
/raises hand
Ughh...
You're not alone, sister. I gained about five pounds over the last two weeks. Good for us for going back on track though.
We're not the only ones who have fallen off the wagon though! Oprah told her audience that she recently regained the weight she lost and is now trying to lose it again.
It just goes to show that the temptations of food can get the best out of any person, regardless of how much money they can afford to spend on trainers and what-not.  

heartpellet

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:08 pm
Lady Schist
Ooooh, alcohol. I was horrified at my scale the other day, but that explains it quite nicely... I think I'll check back with it in a little while.

I'm guessing I gained three - five pounds.

Look at it this way, people generally gain EIGHT pounds over the holidays.

alcohol is my one diet killer (besides my mom's cooking)

I like to drink with friends and get tipsy, but I can go through about 3 bottles of b@#$% beer, half a bottle of wine, couple of shots, and some sake before I'm feeling warm and tingly. Let alone tipsy.

It takes a lot to get me drunk. Why? because I have a very high tolerance, and two, because I come down very quickly so I have to keep drinking to get a buz and keep it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 am
I get drunk fast, but I can drink and drink and drink and drink before I pass out. A regular night can often consist of: (This was last week)

A bottle of wine,
Half a bottle of vodka mohito mixer (The flavored stuff eh?)
Shots (three)
and a half glass of bourbon.

That's the upper level of regular, usually I try to keep it to a mickey of rum or a small bottle of whiskey for price considerations.

However. The worst time I ever spent included,

A bottle of white wine,
Three shots of Jagermeister.
Three beers
A glass of home made red wine,
A small glass of home made vodka (see moonshine)
and vodka, but by then I don't remember much.

HOWEVER. For all my indulgence, and inactivity, I didn't gain weight! I stayed the same! Hell, the wiifit says I lost weight (but that's because it's stupid)

I'm very pleased.  

Lady Schist

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:48 am
I managed to dodge the holiday weight gain bullet this year!
Whew!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:00 pm
*High fives Groovy*  

Lady Schist

Sarena128

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:03 pm
Ditto on the bottle and the sweets. x.x
I know drinking under age naughty but after four glasses of sombreo's, two shots, a lime gimlet, and three glasses of champagne in one day. Nothin'.
I'm not a cheep drunk. >.>

Messed up part is it was all allowed by my relatives, they know to trust my jugement.

For meals I did well because we eat sea food so I don't over do it. Irony. >.>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:59 am
Ha bad little minor. I get away drinking in the states because I flash my greek or british passport and they let me drink ^_~

fake accent never hurts too.

btw, totally went and had like 7 beers tonight. still perfectly fine.... but gah I'm trying to be good but I really like partying with my friends at the same time.  

Soi Tsuba

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:21 am
Whaaaaat?

In the states they *never* let me drink after I was 19 even if I showed them my Canadian birth certificate. ._.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:07 pm
Really? I've never had a problem  

Soi Tsuba

Sarena128

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:25 pm
Soi Tsuba
Ha bad little minor. I get away drinking in the states because I flash my greek or british passport and they let me drink ^_~

fake accent never hurts too.

btw, totally went and had like 7 beers tonight. still perfectly fine.... but gah I'm trying to be good but I really like partying with my friends at the same time.
Is it okay if I worship you? x3

I just go in with some friends and have them or guys buy me drinks. [Don't worry I give them nothing but the slip afterward. xD] No one ever ID's me because I don't buy and I can pass for 20.

Sometimes being a bad little lumplette has it's advantages.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:28 pm
Groovy Spleen
I managed to dodge the holiday weight gain bullet this year!
Whew!

uggh youre so lucky! good job!  

AoiMakura

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:18 pm
im always like "lol whut?" with these drinking things, since here we can drink legally at 18 and i forget i dont live in the same place u guys do xD

I feel the holiday pain! I think im back on plan today eating wise, and ive been back to the gym a couple of times. I regained about 1.5kg, i think thats 3 pounds ish?

Damn you groovy! xD  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games