Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Beatles

Back to Guilds

Tags: Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr 

Reply The Beatles
So I got the "1" CD a couple of days ago.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stickyfeet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:33 pm
It's amazing. When I was buying my first Beatles CD, I chose Love over 1 because all I had heard of the Beatles was the stuff on American Idol. Love had more songs that they sang on AI. Now I feel stupid because I've gotten smarter about the Beatles and realize that 1 has 27 amazing songs.

Has something like this happened to any of you?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:28 pm
all I can say is that I hate American Idol, they did horrible covers of Beatles songs

that one girl tried to sing eight days a week as a country song
XD

1 was my first Beatles CD  

magnoboy

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:48 am
You've really only been a Beatles fan since American Idol? eek

I've never done anything like that really besides {this is non-Beatles} the other day buying Martha Wainwright's cd because they didn't have the Rufus Wainwright cd that I wanted and hers definitely isn't as good as I thought it'd be. Very disappointing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:31 pm
I didnt dig "1" all that much.

My 1st beatles album was Sgt Peppers.  

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

beatlefan2009

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:40 am
My first Beate Cd was 1, I loved it...at least most of the songs...I didn't care for the Balad of John and Yoko...or 'The Long and Winding Road' but I loved all the other ones, mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:55 am
1 is okay but I get frustrated with it because I'll hear one song and want to hear another off the same album but can't because it's not on there. I've got every Beatles song/album I could possibly find on my computer/iPod so it's annoying to not have access to them all. sweatdrop  

practicallyzen

HistoryWak
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:47 pm
I didn't need to get "1" since I had all the other albums. The only way I'll get "1" is if I find it on vinyl for a decent price.

@So Static: Same here. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:47 pm
I bought "1" last year while I was in a used CD store in Montreal, on a school trip. It was my first Beatles album. It's actually my only Beatles album, because a few months ago my dad dug up his old record player and it turns out he has a bunch of their albums... in record form! *_* Sooo, I probably won't buy another unless it's Sgt. Pepper, which he doesn't have.

[Your Worst Nightmare]

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:39 pm
izzib1202
Saying that you started liking the Beatles through Idol was probably a bad idea considering the fact that we're all super-fans.

I don't see what's wrong with it, really.

Why be biased against someone because of how they got interested in the band? Does it really matter?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:38 am
Just because I discovered them through a TV show doesn't make me any less of a fan than I would have been if I had started listening to them a different.  

stickyfeet

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:07 pm
No it doesn't. There's no reason why it ever would.

No elitism here, right guys? All we need is love!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:04 pm
I agree. It doesn't matter how you got into the Beatles, as long as you're into them. <3

[Your Worst Nightmare]

kklepto_Raabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:18 pm
Meep. Abbey Road was my first beatles album. and mah favorite i got "1" as a birthday gift.  
The Beatles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games