Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
The kids get it... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Panda Cheval

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:18 pm
Quote:
The kids get it

site: http://oslopuls.aftenposten.no/musikk/article39106.ece

The critics hate them, but teenagers love Panic at the Disco.

The Hove Festival has once again made more smart bookings of "right" bands, and there is no doubt that the festival's booking manager Toffen Gunnufsen is trend sensitive.

But Tuesday's big headliner is the band NME crowned last year's worst band: Panic at the Disco.

The Las Vegas band is still the kids' favourite, as the kids luckily often disagrees with music journalists.

And this Panic at the Disco knows.

- The critics have so many different negative things to say about us that they never seem to decide what's worst, says guitarist Ryan Ross (21).

- And that has got to be a good thing, that they can't seem to agree on just one thing, smirks vocalist Brendon Urie (21).

- Boring journalism

Dagladet's [Norwegian newspaper] Toregrim Øyre gave the debut album a 1 [of 6], and described the music as "grim awful emo-punk".

- Emo-punk? Haha, that's a crazy thing to say. There is no punk on that album, says Ross.

- But, it's better than the review a friend of ours got, that his album was a s**t sandwich, adds Urie.

Aftenposten's [Norwegian newspaper] Cecilie Asker gave the same album a 2 [of 6], and stated that it was "boring at the disco".

- That wasn't even an original pun. That was boring journalism, says Ross.

- But seriously, we don't care all that much about reviews. Most of the time we think it's funny to read all the negative feedback, claims Urie.

Emo or not?

To NME the band have apparently said that they hate the emo term, and that the plan now is to become the next Radiohead.

- That quote is taken out of context. We said that emo is bullshit because it's used on very different kinds of bands. But we are not planning on being the next Radiohead, we are not planning on being the next anything, says Ross.

The two 21-year-olds denies that they have ambitions of changing their audience eventually.

-
We would rather play for people or own age, for the kids. They're the ones who get it, says Ross.

- They are not too cool for school, they are happy and know how to party. They are the ones it's exciting to play for, says Urie.

- Yeah, when we played at a club full of 35-year-olds I didn't know how to behave, and I felt like s**t.

Thanks to xxxx for translating this.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:40 pm
When were those photo's taken ?
The link won't open because my internet sucks >.<  

Peachy_Limes

Panda Cheval

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:25 pm
RainbowChikii

Norway - June 2008
=D
(the link is the exact thing I posted, but in a different language.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:00 pm
surprised
I luffles the person who wrote this. After all the negative comments from annoying journalists who have the IQ of a sock, its nice to see one journalist:
-using a different viewpoint
-using a counter at all the other ridiculous journalists as an interesting viewpoint

Its nice to see Ry and Brendon aren't upset by it all, but it still really upsets me. I like journalism, but when articles are constantly telling me I have a horrible taste in music, it really offends me.
Unoriginal? It may have some similarity to the beatles, but I never thought that at all when i listened to it. It just has that vibe to it, even then only in a few songs. But in my opinion its the most original thing I hear in mainstream music today, and other than that, I don't listen to much other mainstream bands at all.
"- That wasn't even an original pun. That was boring journalism, says Ross."
That made my day biggrin

Thanks for posting this. mrgreen

-crystalcatalyst

3,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Panda Cheval

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:43 am
S u p e r X K a k i
surprised
I luffles the person who wrote this. After all the negative comments from annoying journalists who have the IQ of a sock, its nice to see one journalist:
-using a different viewpoint
-using a counter at all the other ridiculous journalists as an interesting viewpoint

Its nice to see Ry and Brendon aren't upset by it all, but it still really upsets me. I like journalism, but when articles are constantly telling me I have a horrible taste in music, it really offends me.
Unoriginal? It may have some similarity to the beatles, but I never thought that at all when i listened to it. It just has that vibe to it, even then only in a few songs. But in my opinion its the most original thing I hear in mainstream music today, and other than that, I don't listen to much other mainstream bands at all.
"- That wasn't even an original pun. That was boring journalism, says Ross."
That made my day biggrin

Thanks for posting this. mrgreen

I know right?
I get mad at those people who just bash on music artists. And yet the boys
don't care about it so it makes me happy ;D.
And that quote, I loved that. Hahha Ryan is awesome ;D

And no problem (:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:09 am
Panda.Gal
RainbowChikii

Norway - June 2008
=D
(the link is the exact thing I posted, but in a different language.)

Thanks biggrin
I miss june i hate winter crying  

Peachy_Limes

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:18 pm
Ha ha, when I become a music journalist I'll try to be nicer than them and respect other peoples' opinions.
=/
Becuase that's just mean, right there.
I hate those kinds of critics.
=(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:34 am
I think there should be our-aged music journalists because most adults don't like our music so they just say how much they don't like it. Also, we're the ones who listen to it and get it, not them.  

xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:27 pm
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx
I think there should be our-aged music journalists because most adults don't like our music so they just say how much they don't like it. Also, we're the ones who listen to it and get it, not them.

Ha ha, imagine a 14-year-old being a music journalist for AP.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:34 pm
Kyli3_PanicFanatic
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

I'd pay to see that!

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:53 pm
takashi_sahoko
Kyli3_PanicFanatic
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

I'd pay to see that!

I know, seriously. It's like they're abuot to interview Panic and they're like,"Okay, stay calm."
then when they meet Panic they're all like,"HOLY SHITTTTT!!!! IT'S ACTUALLY THEM!!! AND I GET TO WRITE ABOUT THEM!!!!" -faints-
They Brendon is like,"Uh.....now where are the real journalists. Are we on Punk'd?! You assholes!!"
(Remember where that last part was from ;D)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:59 pm
I love panic at the disco no matter what the critics say. they are the best band and just keep getting better  

Carnage_By_Beauty

Panda Cheval

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:06 pm
Kyli3_PanicFanatic
takashi_sahoko
Kyli3_PanicFanatic
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

I'd pay to see that!

I know, seriously. It's like they're abuot to interview Panic and they're like,"Okay, stay calm."
then when they meet Panic they're all like,"HOLY SHITTTTT!!!! IT'S ACTUALLY THEM!!! AND I GET TO WRITE ABOUT THEM!!!!" -faints-
They Brendon is like,"Uh.....now where are the real journalists. Are we on Punk'd?! You assholes!!"

LOL@PUNK'D thing xD.
Especially when Brendon was like "Wheres Ashton, sneaky little b*****d."
Or something like that ;D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:42 pm
Panda.Gal
Kyli3_PanicFanatic
takashi_sahoko
Kyli3_PanicFanatic
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

I'd pay to see that!

LOL@PUNK'D thing xD.
Especially when Brendon was like "Wheres Ashton, sneaky little b*****d."
Or something like that ;D

Haha, I love that video.
But I've only seen those two clips of it....
Do you know where I can get the full video?
YouTube is being gay and won't let me find the video.
D=

Kylie the Cumbie

Fragile Panic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:51 pm
That was a cool interview thing.
I like the way Brendon and Ryan responded to all of them.

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff