Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Before or after working out?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chloe_the_Cursed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:36 pm
So I'm going to start going back to the gym for my diet and I was wondering which would keep me from eating more, eating before or after I work out??  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:37 pm
for me it's def. after. I've done all this hard work why would I want to go and throw it all away.  

Soi Tsuba

Starlurk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:42 pm
I guess it depends on your attitude.

For me I'd think "Wow I worked hard! I deserve to eat more!"

I'd probably eat a piece of fruit before so I'd be less likely to eat more afterwards.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:51 am
You're burning more, so you do need to eat more. A LITTLE more. I have a small glass of orange juice (8 ounces, no more), wait ten minutes, then start my warmup. After the workout and cooldown, I have half a cup of fat-free yogurt.

The orange juice gives your body some needed energy to burn as you work out, and the liquid in it will help you avoid dehydration, without getting your tummy overly full and likely to cramp. Afterward, the yogurt gives you protein, which you also need in order to stay strong and energetic throughout the day.

In fact, I think I'll do this right now, seeing as I've got a full day and I want to get my blood really pumping.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tingy

Profitable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:43 pm
I like to get a bottle of crystal lite down before a workout and maybe an orange then after the work out i might nibble on some veggis but usually i just want to snuggle up with my "puppy" and get some sleep.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:21 pm
I say after, but keep something handy to eat if you get too hungry during your work out. A granola bar is a good thing, and if you're worried about the calories in it, you can cut it in halfs or quarters and take only that to your work out,

Just keep this in mind, if you bonk out during your work out, you won't be working out much longer. So keep something by in case your tummy starts growling. ._. Seriously.  

Lady Schist

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games