63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 22

SpiritKeeper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:32 pm
Okay. I don't know if a topic like this has been posted, since I just joined, but whatever.

Do you guys like Enterprise? All my family members are HUGE trekkies, but we can't seem to get into the new series. I don't like the acting, nor the story. What are your opinions?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:24 pm
the ship seems to be too dark..... not the hull but the inside of it. it bothers me for some reason. i personally most like the shows that involve already based plot lines. like the borg episode, and the more recent dr. soong episodes.  

Lord Spyderguy

TheSpork

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:30 pm
I just don't have a feel for it. It seems to be lacking so much... and I hate to point it out, but it looks far more advanced than Kirk's Enterprise, and the logical in me screams out in pain every time I see that. gonk

However, I'm going to have to watch now thanks to the whole Klingon-revelation bit. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:35 pm
I tried watching it religiously for a year and a half, but it was so hard to get into it. I don't think the acting's very good either. And I hated how they focused on only one or two characters when the show should include more of the ensemble, like in previous Star Trek series. The plotlines have tons of holes and boring parts too.

I liked some of the recent episodes I've seen. I didn't like them a LOT, but I did like them. Though, it does bother me that the series has had to piggyback off of other Star Trek series. As nice as it was to see Brent Spiner in something again, the whole Dr. Soong thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. They're rewriting Star Trek history so they can have better ratings. rolleyes  

Lindira
Crew

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:27 am
My main problem:

they're making a mistake that the other editions avoided.

"Enterprise" is on at limited airtimes.

With the others, I was always able to see it at different times.
(I'm never in front of the tv during primetime.)

So, I can't see the episodes.
Actually, Voyager had much of the same problem.

If either series was easy for me to watch, I'd watch it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:07 pm
I've only watched the latest episodes, but I don't think it's a bad series. I like when they do episodes about races/events that haven't really been discussed yet, like the upcoming Klingon "makeover" episodes, any episodes about the Tellerites and Andorians( heart ), or the rivalries between the Vulcans and the Andorians.  

vulcankitty

Ginga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:07 pm
I've tried so hard to get into this. But I've failed every time.

The only character that remotely interests me is Porthos. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:04 pm
Anyone notice how when they first started teh Series that Everyone was totally phobic of the Transporter? And now it's just another piece of Tech on teh Ship?  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Sustineo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:34 pm
ya......... I like them, but its to.......... I dunno,.......... hard to follow gonk stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:05 am
I liked Deep Space Nine and TNG better.  

Shiva_Avalon

Lystat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:34 pm
I havent even seen an episode, not from lack of trying. The don't even show it in Australia  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:14 am
I tried to watch it when it first came out, but it was uninteresting to me. I could follow it, but I just miss TNG. The new ones are boring to me.  

Karhd

450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Ginga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:48 pm
I have a feeling that now that it's ending, I'm going to want to watch it. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:10 am
Ginga
I have a feeling that now that it's ending, I'm going to want to watch it. razz
http://www.trekunited.com/ biggrin  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

CpnTakahashi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:48 am
I've always loved all Star Trek series, Enterprise not excluded. I always liked how there's a diversity among the crews, a theme which was somewhat lacking in TNG (French, American, African American, Android, Various Alien Species (i.e. Betazed) and a few others not mentioned as prominently). DS9 was lacking somewhat less, and at least VOY had someone of Asian descent. Enterprise revived the ethnicity theme to almost the level of TOS (-Russian).  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff