Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Yule Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

No-pium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:13 pm
Hey. How did everyone celebrate Yule? I'm really curious. I meditated, cleared my chakras, walked through a grove in my mind, and did a ritual at the end of the path.

So, what creative ways did you celebrate?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:17 pm
If I knew how to celebrate Kolyada, I might try. For the time being, I simply try to recognize what the holiday is all about- the death and rebirth of the sun, which is snatched away by Czarnebog and then returned. For actual Yule, I'm trying to find out what precisely would be the proper way to celebrate that from the Asatru perspective. I'm aware of the Yule log, and indeed, fire plays a part in Slavic Kolyada, and I've heard things about the importance of pork, and its association with the boar hunt, and supposidly Odin, but I haven't had that verified. I just got back home from college after the semester, so intentionally or not, I have been feasting on home-goodies. I plan to write a poem, as I often do, but I'm still unsure of what to work with.  

Nomad of Nowhere

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:43 pm
I do not have a holiday within my path named Yule nor do I normally celebrate the holidays of other religions/cultures as the case may be. So I didn't really celebrate it at all.

I do make some compromises for the secular Christmas as to spend time with my family but that's about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:26 pm
I don't celebrate Yule, I'm not Norse and most of my Asatru friends don't live around here.

No-pium? What do Chakras have to do with Yule?

Teague the Druid
If I knew how to celebrate Kolyada, I might try. For the time being, I simply try to recognize what the holiday is all about- the death and rebirth of the sun, which is snatched away by Czarnebog and then returned.
Source for that rendition? Pure curiosity.

My Great Grandfather used to walk around singing songs.
Quote:

For actual Yule, I'm trying to find out what precisely would be the proper way to celebrate that from the Asatru perspective.
Got Pig?  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:27 pm
What in the bloody hell exactly did that have anything to do with Yule?

Seriously, where was the boar? Pig even? Piglet? No? Nothing?

Pshaw.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:29 pm
I wish I could celebrate Yule. I don't have access to swine and know few Asatru offline. I'll be celebrating Christmas, perfunctory nod to Yeshua and all.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:49 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I wish I could celebrate Yule. I don't have access to swine and know few Asatru offline. I'll be celebrating Christmas, perfunctory nod to Yeshua and all.

I mostly just waved cheerfully to Yeshua this x-mas while his dad shot me dirty looks. >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:39 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Seriously, where was the boar? Pig even? Piglet? No? Nothing?.
Suckling pig + Blood on the Snow = A very Marry Yule indeed.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:04 pm
I poured out a bit to my Disir on Mothernights, but this year I was so exhausted I didn't have the space of mind to do much more for the other eleven days. I might pick them when I'm back home with some pour outs to Thor and Odin, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:35 pm
Deoridhe
I poured out a bit to my Disir on Mothernights, but this year I was so exhausted I didn't have the space of mind to do much more for the other eleven days. I might pick them when I'm back home with some pour outs to Thor and Odin, though.
I had a chance to go to a Winterfinding, but I have my own celebrations so I skipped it.

I MISS YOU!  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:17 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
I had a chance to go to a Winterfinding, but I have my own celebrations so I skipped it.

I MISS YOU!

I miss you too!!!<3 life has been SO HECTIC.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:23 pm
I have to say- this thread made me happy in so many ways. heart  

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:41 pm
I've been busy, so I've only had a chance to blot to Thorr last night sweatdrop . I mean to do more though before the New Year. Simple blots are really the only thing I can do.

Celeblin: As far as access to swine and knowing real life Asatruar, I'm in the same boat sad . Apparently the closest Kindred is 3-ish hours away.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:55 pm
My intention this year was to hang out with the family all night, and then greet the sun, however my son decided at the last minute that spending the night at his friend's house was better than an all night vigil with his parents. The weather ended up being really crappy anyways, so I ended up sleeping for a few hour and getting up at about 5am to do a small ritual and meditate on my path for the coming year. Though I was up to see the sunrise, the overcast skies and pouring rain sort of made it impossible to actually see the sun. gonk Of course there is always next year.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Maze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:33 pm
I slept in, I ate, I unpacked presents, I played Poker with family and friends, I ate some more, and.. now I go to bed.

This year, I did very little actual celebrating, unless you count the feast we call our meal. o:  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff