Depends on how good it looks
  Nah, I already have Diamond/Pearl
  Ew, no (I glare at thee)
  ..........Girafarig!..........
View Results

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:50 pm
Pokémon Platinum version's set to be released in the US on March 22, 2009. I can't be sure for other countries, but I'm excited. Maybe this'll perk some activity in the guild????  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:51 pm
*bump so people might actually read this*  

Negai Boshi
Captain

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:45 pm
It looks great, but I don't think I'll be getting on that boat.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:18 am
You know I am going to get it.  

krishnath

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:03 pm
Me too! But now I'm stuck figuring out which starter I want. I chose the only one I really liked on Diamond version....And I don't know if I'm gonna play as a boy or a girl....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:15 am
Oh, you know I am gonna get the penguin again. It is the most useful for the first gym after all. But then again, the grass starter is pretty good against the first gym as well... Decisions, decisions.  

krishnath

MichicanMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:06 am
it looks cool but i like pokemon acanthite its cooler
http://www.pokemonacanthite.com/

idk if its on here or not cuz i do not come here till im bord  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:16 pm
I usually go for the fire type, which never turns out to be useful early on. But I had Chimchar on Diamond, so maybe Piplup for Platinum....  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:56 am
abstract_Jacob
it looks cool but i like pokemon acanthite its cooler
http://www.pokemonacanthite.com/

idk if its on here or not cuz i do not come here till im bord

Please do not advertise in other peoples threads. We have a subforum for links and such.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:58 am
Negai Boshi
I usually go for the fire type, which never turns out to be useful early on. But I had Chimchar on Diamond, so maybe Piplup for Platinum....
I had Piplup on Diamond and Turtwig on Diamond, so I will probably end up with Chimchar on Platinum and pick up an early grass type to help with the first gym.  

krishnath

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:25 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
I had Piplup on Diamond and Turtwig on Diamond, so I will probably end up with Chimchar on Platinum and pick up an early grass type to help with the first gym.

Hmm, you're so much more strategic than I am. I've never bothered with type advantages for the first gym, I just train my Pokemon til they can beat them. In the 1st Gen ganes, I would always catch 3 Pidgey or Pidgeotto, plus a Nidoran and whatever else I could find, then use each Pidgey's Sand Attack over and over til the opponent had almost no accuracy. Then I could slowly Tackle it til it Fainted. Geodude took the first Pidgey, Onyx took the other two....Useless little strategy, but it worked, and I tried it in Diamond too. It's fun. ^-^ But I won't have to do that with a Grass or Water starter.....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:01 am
I'm totaly psyked for PLatinum. Not only does it have a diffrent storyline, but I think the female char's new outfit is increadibly cute. Plus, it comes out on my birthday!!! Thank you nintendo for the most awesome birthday pressent ever, even if I DO have to pay for it myself.  

eristell_ivy

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:28 pm
eristell_ivy
I'm totaly psyked for PLatinum. Not only does it have a diffrent storyline, but I think the female char's new outfit is increadibly cute. Plus, it comes out on my birthday!!! Thank you nintendo for the most awesome birthday pressent ever, even if I DO have to pay for it myself.

Lol, that's awesome!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:43 pm
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi

Hmm, you're so much more strategic than I am. I've never bothered with type advantages for the first gym, I just train my Pokemon til they can beat them. In the 1st Gen ganes, I would always catch 3 Pidgey or Pidgeotto, plus a Nidoran and whatever else I could find, then use each Pidgey's Sand Attack over and over til the opponent had almost no accuracy. Then I could slowly Tackle it til it Fainted. Geodude took the first Pidgey, Onyx took the other two....Useless little strategy, but it worked, and I tried it in Diamond too. It's fun. ^-^ But I won't have to do that with a Grass or Water starter.....

You were forced to do that in yellow. Oh, what a glorious battle that was!  

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:13 pm
Felix Kristanelo
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi

You were forced to do that in yellow. Oh, what a glorious battle that was!

Ah, yes. *remembers Yellow version* I stormed through nearly the entire game with a Butterfree ^^ Terrible strategy, I know, but I was only about 7 when I played it. My mind had little room for gaming strategies back then ^^"

As for Platinum, I plan on reserving a copy so I can get that Giratina figure. 3nodding I don't know what starter to pick, though. I'll probably pick Turtwig, then transfer over one of my Piplups or something from Pearl.  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff