Submit

NeoSaki

Long-time Gatekeeper

14,000 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Market Browser 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:41 pm
Hi, well i'm trying to see what kings of RPG other people play, ok well this is kinda like a survey for me and i want to see if it's good and everything because I have played all my other games and now i have nothing left to play with. So I want to know what's the game's name and in your opinion is it good

And also a happy and safe holidays to everyone  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:02 pm
Aww, thanks! blaugh I'll try to have a safe holiday.

Anyways, Disgaea's a pretty good RPG.  

Jimbles Notronbo

NeoSaki

Long-time Gatekeeper

14,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:34 pm
nekoyurilovermaiku
Aww, thanks! blaugh I'll try to have a safe holiday.

Anyways, Disgaea's a pretty good RPG.

yeah i've heard that some of my friends say its pretty good, except i can't find the first one crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:09 pm
User Image

The World Ends With You is a good RPG from recent memory.  

Regal Reprobation

NeoSaki

Long-time Gatekeeper

14,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:42 pm
ReGaLberry523
User Image

The World Ends With You is a good RPG from recent memory.

i never heard of it but ok, nice sig too  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:31 am
Final Fantasy Series....I heart them  

Lady Lissalynn

King Strawberry

15,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50

NeoSaki

Long-time Gatekeeper

14,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:24 am
yeah, that's true, the FF series always gets better  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:06 am
Hmmm, there are some toss ups for favorite RPG.
Shadow Hearts series
Legend of Dragoon
Both Valkyrie Profiles
Final Fantasy VIII and IX  

wolf_of_moonlight

Mauricios

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:13 pm
xenogears.....you cant go wrong whit xenogears...

also

final fantasy series
legend of lagoon
valkyrie profile
star ocean 1,2
legend of mana
seiken densetsu

i can keep going if you want  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:06 am
Of turn-based RPG's, Final Fantasy is king. But there waaas one turn-based RPG that I believe was Squaresoft's (now known as Square Enix) masterpiece for the SNES:

I'm talking about Super Mario RPG!

That game had it all, including a run-in with a crystalline entity that looked like it was torn right from one of the FF games. But the amazing thing was how they made it so 3D at a time when even games that really needed 3D graphics still looked rediculously 2D.

The combat system, while turn-based, incorporated the first ever reflex-rewarded attack bonus system, where you could tap the B button just as an attack hit the target and you would be rewarded by doing more damage, or even chaining together another attack (and in some cases later in the game, three or four attacks could be chained together for megadamage). And this didn't just apply to physical attacks, but to spells and other powers as well.

In my opinion, Super Mario RPG was, and still is, the most stunningly detailed, amazingly immersive, and wonderfully put-together turn-based RPG of all time. I'm amazed Squenix never tried to incorporate the unique features of this game into others.

The only other turn-based RPG that came anywhere close was on the generation of consoles after the SNES: that game being FFVII on the PS1, of course.  

Saviour Soul

Aged Abductee

Yllib213

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:50 pm
wolf_of_moonlight
Hmmm, there are some toss ups for favorite RPG.
Shadow Hearts series
Legend of Dragoon
Both Valkyrie Profiles
Final Fantasy VIII and IX

OMG! Someone else besides ME has played and reffered to Legend of Dragoon?

But seriously LoD is my favourite RPG ever. Best storyling I've ever seen, unique turn-based batle system, I mean there is next-to-nothing to hate about this game. Seriously, try Legend of Dragoon or You can't say you've really played RPGs  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 am
Technically the Diablo series is a RPG. Um Mass Effect, The Elder Scrolls Series. I have not play the show called traditional RPG like Final Fantasy of World of Warcraft.  

Nerevar Telvanni

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

iiNightx

O.G. Seeker

7,500 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:07 pm
Saviour Soul
Of turn-based RPG's, Final Fantasy is king. But there waaas one turn-based RPG that I believe was Squaresoft's (now known as Square Enix) masterpiece for the SNES:

I'm talking about Super Mario RPG!

That game had it all, including a run-in with a crystalline entity that looked like it was torn right from one of the FF games. But the amazing thing was how they made it so 3D at a time when even games that really needed 3D graphics still looked rediculously 2D.

The combat system, while turn-based, incorporated the first ever reflex-rewarded attack bonus system, where you could tap the B button just as an attack hit the target and you would be rewarded by doing more damage, or even chaining together another attack (and in some cases later in the game, three or four attacks could be chained together for megadamage). And this didn't just apply to physical attacks, but to spells and other powers as well.

In my opinion, Super Mario RPG was, and still is, the most stunningly detailed, amazingly immersive, and wonderfully put-together turn-based RPG of all time. I'm amazed Squenix never tried to incorporate the unique features of this game into others.

The only other turn-based RPG that came anywhere close was on the generation of consoles after the SNES: that game being FFVII on the PS1, of course.

omg i just bought super mario rpg on my wii xD  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:43 pm
Well I love some of the classics like Chrono Trigger, FF7, Legend of Mana, Xenogears, and other Squaresoft/Enix games but recently I've taken a liking to other JRPGs like the 'Tales of' Series, Shadow Hearts, A bunch Nippon Ichi Software games like disgaea, I want to get Persona 3 and 4 to play them, and other small 2d JRPGs from studios like Gust.  

MojinR

Demonic_Josh-Kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:13 pm
i would have to say Diablo and tales of symphonia i like both of these RPGs they have good stories and action  
General Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff