Look! A Coin Block!
  *jumps and hits it with head* Oww. @_@
  *jumps up and punches it* Jackpot!
  *jumps, but is too short to hit it* Aww. T_T
View Results

Kouenki
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:40 pm
Ever compared something in your life to something in a video game? Has a video game ever caused you to do something odd?

One time, I was playing Beyond Good & Evil and I was sneaking through some fog that was really low to the ground. A guard kinda sees me when I accidentally let go of the duck button and almost walks into me, but stops about an inch away. I held my breath so he wouldn't hear me breathing. <_< I stopped playing for a few days after that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Yeah, all the time. Games flavour a lot of my witty comebacks and cutting dialogue *showered in glory*

I'm guilty of rotating my whole body according to turns in racing games.

There was this one moment in Fareheit/Indigo Prophecy were I was playing as a claustrophobic chick and had to monitor breathing. Thing is, I had to use left and right to breathe and up and down to move, prompting the line: "What? I have to breathe AND walk!?"
It was very Homer Simpson.

[[Kou, how tall are you? I know it's you that answered that as well. ;_;]]  

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:08 am
When I'm bored, I sometimes a do a stupid Jumpman walk, and for some reason, in weird situations, I use some of the sounds.(I can do all the pacman sounds) xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:33 am
I use Pokemon jargon in my daily speech. Observe:
Windie used Chatter!

I also add in "It's super/not very effective" in the appropriate moments.  

DreamChasing Windie

Greedy Friend

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:06 am
I'm known in my class for using gaming phrases through nearly everyday of school.Examples are:
Using Link's 'HYA' whenever I jump over at someone.
Writing (in Irish obviously) 'The cleverest falcon hides its claws' (from 'Okami') as my motto/fave phrase in my Religon book.
Like Windie,I say 'It's super/not very effective' in the appropriate moments.
Saying 'Falcon-PUNCH' and other 'Falcon' stuff.
Saying 'Mission Complete' when I'm finished my work.
Saying 'I'm araid I can't let you do that,Starfox' when I can't let someone do something.

And so on. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:40 pm
I'm only 5'2"-5'3". User Image

Oh wow, it seems video games affect more people then I thought. XD Gotta love Homer Simpson moments. Once when I was cooking, I thought "Hey, this is just like The Sims!". I also pretend I'm playing Tetris every time I have to move stuff around so it fits.  

Kouenki
Vice Captain

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:20 am
That means I'm the same size or tiny bit taller than you,Kou. eek

I sometimes think,when a song I like comes on the radio,that Ninty characters are singing it. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:23 am
I'm 5'2''-5'3'' as well... (161cm) ;_;

gonk Nintendo's Critters is full of hobbits!!!

I also Engrish up everyday sentaces, like so:
"Would like coffee made for you?"  

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:43 pm
Can I just point out that I'm not a hobbit,I'm actually quite tall for my age and am always mistaken for being older than I am.I'm the youngest member of Crittendo,aren't I?I may be taller than 5'2/5'3,probably around 5'5 since I'm catching up on my older brother who's sixteen and I'm now taller than my mother.....

I frequently use phrases from video games("I'm afraid I can't let you do that,Starfox"From Lylat Wars/Starfox 64),TV shows("Ambitious but rubbish" from Top Gear)and comedians("Eazy Tiger!" from Lee Evans).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:16 pm
Mario is 5'1". Did you know that?

I'm 5'6".

Anyways, today I killed a fly with a fly swatter. When I did it, I said, "It's a one-hit K.O.!"

Foe FLY fainted!
Windie gained 536 EXP points!  

DreamChasing Windie

Greedy Friend

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:23 pm
=.=; I'm 5'...possibly 5'1.

Most of my real life game reference's happen in my head, but I have a few small habbits.

One thing I tend to do is go "...AGAIN," which is referenced to the little ticker update in Super Mario Sunshine when it mentions Peach's kidnapping.

Once while a friend and I were playing Panel Panic from Mario Party 4 over and over again.(All the playable characters + Bowser stand on 1 of 9 panels and eliminate each other with dice blocks.)
In one round it was down to 3 characters and between them they rolled all 3 numbers.
I shocked "Three Way Fail!" and now my friend and I say it whenever we find a situation that fits it.

I also often feel the pain when my character in a game gets hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:10 am
Fairy Alchemist 96
Can I just point out that I'm not a hobbit,I'm actually quite tall for my age and am always mistaken for being older than I am.I'm the youngest member of Crittendo,aren't I?I may be taller than 5'2/5'3,probably around 5'5 since I'm catching up on my older brother who's sixteen and I'm now taller than my mother.....

I frequently use phrases from video games("I'm afraid I can't let you do that,Starfox"From Lylat Wars/Starfox 64),TV shows("Ambitious but rubbish" from Top Gear)and comedians("Eazy Tiger!" from Lee Evans).

Youngest member?
Wanna bet?
I actually have no idea how old you are.... stare

Ah well!
=]

I pretty much just use sounds effects from games in my everyday life, etc.
But video games have serious effetcs on your life, such as lack of friends and social life. mrgreen  

GeorgeStow
Crew

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:54 am
Let's just say I'm between 11 and 14 years of age.......

I call people 'Freakoid's' if they're scaring me,which comes from Animal Crossing.I also call people hours,minutes and seconds,which is a sneaky little suggestion to my ex-friend Daniel Brohan(I mentioned him before in the Holiday subforum,he's the guy who hit on me when I was 9 or 10),who meant to call me a 'whore'(in a text)but couldn't spell it. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:05 pm
Well they've kept me in the house since i was about 8, and pretty much killed my chance at social interactions, so I've been somewhat socially awkward ever since. THANK GOD FOR VIDEO GAMES ....  

-S t o o p i d i t y- XD

Zapatorf
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:33 pm
lol. I'm socially awkward as well.
Makes getting a girlfriend almost a chore. =/  
Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers