Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:21 pm
User Image

Okay, I think it's been long enough. We should try again with this rp thing. I've heard from some that you huys want a fantasy rp, and I think I can help with that. I have a plot that couild be quite interesting, as of now it is just mulling around in my head, but once I get a definate story from it I'll post it.

Feel free to post plots you want to try, genre's, anything about the rp you want to see.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:15 pm
My plot:

It was long ago, longer than anyone can remember, that the glorious city of Estium was built. The many peoples that populated the city held the belief that it would last even longer, that its sky-touching spires and sprawling landscapes would never fade from memory as had the construction of it all. They all believed that it would never have a chance to fade, it would last. The Unending City, they called it, and were right in a way.

The spires did come toppling down eventually, and the landscape of Estium sprawled no longer. The forest reclaimed the city, tress grew side by side the buildings and no more did the people call it the Unending City. In fact, there was no one left to call it that. The only feet to tread the ground of Estium were those of the beasts of the forest. The only chatter heard was that of the birds resting in the branches of trees. No one saw this fate for Estium, they didn't have a chance to.

The entirety of Estium's demise, occured in less than a day.

There were survivors, though, they had not been among the prosperous citizens who dwelled in the upper of Estium. The city had its fair share of the poor, though few knew about them. They were tucked away where the citizens didn't have to worry about them. They were given what they needed in exchange for being quiet, and so quiet, they remained. These people lived in the bowels of the city, the underground, the Trenches as they were called. A series of tunnels connected the whole of Estium, though one could asume that they covered more ground even, than the City. Homes were built into the ground, necessities were provided for the people. There was food, water, and light.

Those who lived in the Trenches did not complain about their situation, for most of them their situation had been handed down from parents, and had never even seen the City. It was the same with the people living up top, though they were even ignorant of the existance of the Trenches. It had been this way almost as long as the City had stood, it was always meant to be a temporary solution to their poverty issue. Temporary stetched out for a long time though.

The poeple of the Trenches changed over time, generations of living in the dark could do that. They could not escape, the doors were locked to them, and so were forced to accept their predicament. Unusual qualities popped up in children, physical as well as mental. It soon became commonplace to posess these qualities.

When the City fell, the Trenches did not. They were tightly sealed away within thier tunnels, protected from the rapid expansion of the forest. Even the roots of the trees did not reach far enough to penetrate the tunnels. They never knew what happened.

It wasn't long until the supplies stopped coming though, and the lights were going out, one, by one.

Okay, here's my plot!! I know it's a bit long, I had fun writing this. Now I want to do a story about this place...

Any questions about specifics (the city, the trenches, how the people were changing), just ask here.

If enough people like it we'll go on with this rp.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:29 am

Oh, I like it... very very interesting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:03 am
Thank you. I tried to write a stroy out of it yesterday, but I realized I absolutely cannot write fantasy. It's my near favorite genre, and I cannot write it! gonk

Oh well, I can still rp it.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:56 am

I can write it, thankfully.

But I suck at modern day stuff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:28 pm
RP? Isn't that where you have a set character(s) whose actions are decided by multiple writers? Yet somehow they all stand in concordance with another? That sounds like a great setup for multiple personalities!  

Shallarinath
Crew

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:44 am

Um.... what? confused

An RP is where one person plays a character, along with other people playing other characters.

I like to think of it as a dynamic book razz You can figure out what you'd like to happen, but that can be scrapped by one person, so you constantly need to re-think, re-anazlye and re-plan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:13 pm
Oh! so it's like everyone has a set character that is expected to act in concordence with the plot and other characters, yet still remain an active extension of the author's will?  

Shallarinath
Crew

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 pm

No, not really. There is no real set plot to an RP, yes, there may be something like... well, you could be a band of adventurers in a dungeon searching for the lost amulet of something-or-other, but besides that, each person is allowed to manipluate the story in any way he or she wishes.
Also, you need to think outside the box, as you are not the only one who is manipulating what's happening. The majority of RPs do not allow you to take control of another character, but you can still do things that involve that character, just need to wait for them to reply.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:29 am
This is slightly confusing...
I never put that much thought into RP...  

Good Bean

Crew

Enduring Seeker

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:18 pm
Hmm, maybe I should put some time into making an rp guide, just to help everyone out a bit.  
Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games