Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Rereading my ENTIRE library (well, the fantasy portion) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever reread all of your fantasy books?
  Yes
  No
View Results

PimpCentric

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:17 pm
I can hardly remember what happens in most of my books so I thought maybe I'll just read them all over. Shouldn't take TOO terribly long considering how fast I can finish a book. cool  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:55 am
i think im close to reading all the fantasy books in my library's young adult section!  

chellybear10

PimpCentric

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:01 pm
The library near where I live, is a really bad library. They don't really have much fiction. So, I don't go there. To read new books I have to buy them from the store. I meant, my personal library, as in the books on my bookshelf.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:45 am
I only reread a book if I thought it was amazing and worth another perusal. Why waste time rereading an okay book when I could be spending the time finding a phenominal one? Nonetheless, rereading an entire collection is a big undertaking and I wish you the best of luck. smile How large is your fantasy collection? Mine is three bookcases. I also have two bookcases of non-fantasy books in addition to those three.  

Minerva the Bookwyrm

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:22 am
Good luck on this endeavor! I have not re-read all the books in my fantasy collection, but I have started. I really just want to try and finish my unread books first. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:16 am
Minerva the Bookwyrm
I only reread a book if I thought it was amazing and worth another perusal. Why waste time rereading an okay book when I could be spending the time finding a phenominal one? Nonetheless, rereading an entire collection is a big undertaking and I wish you the best of luck. smile How large is your fantasy collection? Mine is three bookcases. I also have two bookcases of non-fantasy books in addition to those three.

Mine isn't that big because I don't always have the money to spend on books. I only have one bookcase and it's not all fantasy. I have some romance (mostly Nora Roberts) with a couple of mystery thrown in. More fantasy sci/fi then anything else. I believe the last time I counted them it was between 1 and 2 hundred books.  

PimpCentric

PimpCentric

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:18 am
Tsuki no Mugen
Good luck on this endeavor! I have not re-read all the books in my fantasy collection, but I have started. I really just want to try and finish my unread books first. xd

I know I have a couple of unread books but a few I'm not sure if I did read them or not and a couple that I know I didn't I don't remember what happened in the book(s) before.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:04 pm
Wow! Good luck with re-reading your books. I re-read books that are really phenomenal and are classics. Especially if I'm afraid that I read them too fast to really savor them. But then I'm torn also in wanting to read new books to find the next great and wonderful book that I don't want to miss. There are several series that I want to read - right now I'm in RA Salvatore's books--I really enjoy these. He's a great author. I also read mysteries. I want to start on Elizabeth Peter's books, she has a series about Amelia Peabody in Egypt that sounds neat. But I'm picky about wanting to read the 1st one and getting them in order. biggrin  

Nimue_of_Avalon

Skaedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:01 pm
Multiple times. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:31 pm
Good luck, I always enjoy rediscovering books /authours.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Tuttlebird

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:03 pm
I was going to re-read some of my books but I decided to read the ones that I haven't read yet first. Good luck with your re-reading!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:14 pm
What I tend to do is read a book for the first time then if it was a good book I read it again or even a third time in a row.  

Asahi10

babie3000

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:45 pm
i read Brisingr in less then 2 days ( it is 756 pages long) and i have read all of my books dozens of times i can never find anything new and i am always so bored i sit at the book stores and read all the newly released books but i read so fast i have an awful time finding new things to read  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:29 am
Ihave read quite a few of my series over such as Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, the Xanth novels, .... I guess I have read most of the books I have at least twice except for the Wheel of Time series which if you know are very thick convoluted books which I had to skim over every time another book came out in the series so as not to get lost. If I don't want to read the book more than once I usually just pass it on so I don't forget that I really didn't enjoy it the first time.  

witchhunterrobin80

800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

sexii_tiger_lilly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:49 pm
Minerva the Bookwyrm
I only reread a book if I thought it was amazing and worth another perusal. Why waste time rereading an okay book when I could be spending the time finding a phenominal one?
whee  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces