Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Kingdom of Nothingness-

Feline Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:17 pm
both are cool.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:59 pm
Emo is a very poor visual imitation of goth. That's it.

As my friend says:
User Image  

broken_joker

The War on Indifference

Durem Raider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:44 pm
Emo was a movement in Washington in the... early 90's, I want to say? at any rate, it's believed to have spawned indirectly from punk.
Goth was a trend that came almost directly from punk. in the early years, it was called "new age punk" or "postpunk"

So, emo isn't goth's b*****d child so much as it's soft cousin. Now, the powerpop crap that hottopic kids call "emo"... well, for all I know, it crawled out from under a rock.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:38 pm
Emo came from punk, like goth did. So they are related, but still rather different.  

Mrs. Pink Eyes

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:42 pm
I'm backing Sin_through_Existence, she's on it.

Goths and Emos are like Spain and Mexico. Far back ties, but please do not associate.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:21 pm
So where did "scene" come from then? Or is it really the same thing as emo? I dont know anymore... confused  

XxLovely_MiseriesxX

L Kook

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:30 pm
To me scene is just a happy colorful version of emo...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:29 pm
L Kook

Is there a happier, more colorful version of this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8msW0E7obis  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:13 am
-Resurrected Writer-
L Kook

Is there a happier, more colorful version of this?
I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8msW0E7obis
I believe that both happiness and colour have negative values here.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:12 pm
XxLovely_MiseriesxX
So where did "scene" come from then? Or is it really the same thing as emo? I dont know anymore... confused

Scence is that stuff you see at hot topic and the pure fashion aspect of what "emo" is considered. Like the teased hair, side bangs, skinny jeans, extreme make-up, etc. The kids that are scene are poor imitations of emos.

The emo genre in itself is a dead genre just like hip-hop, grunge, or punk music, the real stuff mind you. Emo was formed straight from punk music and was more underground. The difference was that emo wasn't as angry and focused on more anarchy like movements. Emo was more about being nostalgic, reflective, and knowing who you were and being able to express that. Which is why emo really is a state of mind and music genre. Its not about being depressed and cutting those are just sterotypes. There is one for every sub-culture.  

Night_Blooming_Jasmine

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:59 pm
broken_joker
Emo is a very poor visual imitation of goth. That's it.

As my friend says:
User Image
Is that a really ugly male or a really ugly woman with facial hair issues? gonk

On another note, the goth would be prettier without the black lipstick.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:06 pm
Night_Blooming_Jasmine
XxLovely_MiseriesxX

Scence is that stuff you see at hot topic and the pure fashion aspect of what "emo" is considered. Like the teased hair, side bangs, skinny jeans, extreme make-up, etc. The kids that are scene are poor imitations of emos.

The emo genre in itself is a dead genre just like hip-hop, grunge, or punk music, the real stuff mind you. Emo was formed straight from punk music and was more underground. The difference was that emo wasn't as angry and focused on more anarchy like movements. Emo was more about being nostalgic, reflective, and knowing who you were and being able to express that. Which is why emo really is a state of mind and music genre. Its not about being depressed and cutting those are just sterotypes. There is one for every sub-culture.

Punk isnt dead it just sucks at the moment. and grunge may be dead in mainstream but just go indie and you will see its alive and well.  

Alister_King

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:42 pm
Night_Blooming_Jasmine
XxLovely_MiseriesxX

Hip hop, Punk, Emo, and Grunge still exist. neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:45 pm
Digital Malevolence
Night_Blooming_Jasmine
XxLovely_MiseriesxX

Now if only I could find an underground no-wave band floating around somewhere...  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:48 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Digital Malevolence
Night_Blooming_Jasmine
XxLovely_MiseriesxX

I
Now if only I could find an underground no-wave band floating around somewhere...
I'm actually pretty sure thats a dead genre...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff