Freedom (accepting)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond-Eyed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Story

In the nation of Eiren there are several classes. You have the noble class, people who have a title attached to their names because they were lucky enough to be born into certain families. Next down is the high class; merchants, traders, and bankers who have managed to gain enough wealth that the nobles have no choice but to let them into their circle. Next is the knight and scholar class, people who have some small amount of noble blood and who don't have much money. They are generally in the employ of the noble and high class. Then the largest class is the middle class, encompassing nearly everybody else. These are the everyday people who keep the nation running and pay the bulk of the taxes. The lowest class is the peasant class, those who are still stuck in the feudal system or were forced to inter into it because of extreme poverty. This also includes the homeless and the beggars who haven't descended into the last class.

That is the class that nobody acknowledges, the rogue class. These are the pirates, the wanderers, the aristocratic thieves, the gypsies, the assassins, the entertainers, the mercenaries, and the mystics. All at once it is impossible to either be above this class or below it, giving it an equality of sorts. The only thing that binds these people together is a wildness and an unwillingness to be under the rule of anyone. These people go where they will and burst into laughter if anyone mentions taxes. They may agree to contracts, but will be gone the second the contract runs out. They are impossible to tie down and value their freedom above all things. A few rulers have tried to stamp out this class in the past. In short, every attempt has been a catastrophic failure. For the past couple of hundred years the royal family has simply considered these people a fact of life.

After all, the royal family has pretty much degenerated into figure heads at this point. The nation is really ruled by the advisors. As an example, the king only has three daughters now and there is no chance of the queen having another child. At least, not a legitimate one. There was a crown prince but he died of a 'delicate' disease a year back. So, the advisors set it up so that a young foreign advisor, who had none the less been in Eiren for most of his life, married the crown princess. That insured that the advisors would have near complete control of everything.

The stories you can hear are interesting though. According to one of the late crown prince's mistresses, not the one he got the 'delicate' disease from and a long standing member of the rogues, the new consort isn't as easily controlled as the nobles and other advisors think. In private, though not with her, he has some very strong views about how the king should control his kingdom. He finds the way the advisors use the king a travesty and something that should not be accepted in his eyes. Never mind that he's benefited from it. What he seems to find truly disgusting is how weak the monarchy truly is. Apparently in private he has cited the existence of the rogue class as proof of this. The advisors probably should have thought it through more before they put him in direct line for the throne.

Not that any of it should make any difference. The rogues have survived wars, invasions, and several extermination attempts. While they are continually fighting amongst each other, once someone targets the group as a whole it is amazing how quickly they can join forces. Information travels fast and it is hard for anything to happen anywhere without someone from the rogues finding out and passing word along.

There have been some disconcerting rumors and happenings though. Old Lord Ruslan's body was recently found it his mansion ... more accurately all through his mansion ... and the surrounding land ... and in a few sewer systems. He wasn't really a lord but the retired leader of several large thief guilds and held much more power and money than any lord. Despite his age, there were few who could kill him and none who would. Though most don't know the details, everyone knows that he held some sort of very important and necessary position within the rogues.

While it made some people nervous, no one would have really worried if Madame Desiree hadn't disappeared soon after. As a former, and always favored, mistress of the king she was a very important source of information about the court. One day she simply disappeared, without a word to even one of her proteges. She has always been very cunning and wily with the use of poisons and concealed blades, and held a position similar to Lord Ruslan's.

According to rumor, which is often right, the assassin covenant master Master Saif has gone into hiding or on some sort of journey. In any case, whenever someone wants to set up an assassination with his covenant it has been done through an underling and he is officially "not available". The crew of the pirate king, Gentleman Arsenio, say that their captain has been especially paranoid of late. The man hasn't been quite right since the episode when his fifth wife had an affair with the naval admiral and he was almost captured, but now he's letting it interfere with his profits. Even Her Ladyship Hetty Thane, the most vicious and audacious smuggler since her mother, has been jumpy of late. This is the woman who responded to a threat against her smuggling ring by abducting the magistrate and ransoming him. After stripping him and his house of everything of value.

All of these people are the highest ranking, if you could consider the rogues having ranks, and hold the most necessary positions within the rogue class. It is also well known that they are all the chosen successors to the greatest of the rogues in the past and hold what those prior masters handed down. It is not universally known what is being handed down, but the knowledge that it is vitally important is a religious conviction among the rogues. That all of this has happened within such as short time is very disturbing.

To make matters worse, it is getting very difficult to conduct business. Bribes are being betrayed, long lasting understandings are being ignored, and people who should know better are loosing their blindness and deafness. The gypsies have even been clearing out, which is never a good sign. The authorities have gotten a lot more intelligent all of a sudden and the number of hiding holes are rapidly decreasing.

Things are not as they should be. And it's about time to figure out why and fix it!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:05 pm
Well, that was a very long prologue. Don't be discouraged or anything. I just like being descriptive sometimes.

Rules

1. Follow all Gaia and guild rules. You should all know what they are.
2. No auto-hits or godmodding.
3. You can not kill players without their or my express permission.
4. Try to post at least once a week. Tell me if there is some reason why you won't be posting for a while.
5. As far as romance or violence goes, do whatever you want as long as it isn't graphic.
6. PM me if there is a problem and I will try to fix it.
7. Please put ooc in (), [], or {}
8. No more than 3 characters per person and post them in different colors.
9. No one liners. I need at least one decent paragraph. Several would be nice though it is not expected.
10. Feel free to create NPCs as needed. If they become very deep and have extensive influence over the story I'll request a profile for them. You may use other player's NPCs unless they request that you not.

So long as you don't do anything to get this RP closed, I really don't mind anything you want to do. The conspiracy of what exactly is happening and what is so important about these particular rogues will be revealed a little later.

On another note, looking at the story and my profile, I don't expect anyone else to be that descriptive. I just get really into details.

Profiles

PM profiles to me and I will post them. That way they are all together. Put twisted somewhere so that I know you've read all of this and title it as Freedom RolePlay.
Tell me if you want to be someone acting against the rogues. I'll listen to your ideas and tell you the conspiracy (I want to keep everybody guessing for a while). Otherwise I will play a few minor protagonists to keep things going.

Gaia Name-
Character Name-
Gender-
Age-
Appearance-(pic or description)
Personality-
Abilities/Talents-
Occupation- (I've given plenty of room to be creative here)
Weapons-(if applicable)
Bio-
Other-

Try to be as creative as possible. As something to remember, a very altruistic naive person wouldn't be part of the rogue class. They are thought of the same way we think of the mob. That in no way means the people in it are evil, there just aren't any knights in shining armor about.
You may begin posting as soon as I post your profile.  

Diamond-Eyed

Diamond-Eyed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:07 pm
Characters

Gaia Name- Diamond-Eyed

Character Name- Rune Mayne

Gender- Female

Age- 26

Appearance- A little above normal hight for a woman but is built more sturdily than most women. She has messy hip length dark bronze hair in large limp curls which she usually pushes back with different hair accessories. Her eyes are silvery and shift between blue and green. Has an oval shaped face with high round cheekbones, a slightly wide nose, slightly thick brows, and full lips. Her build is thick, with wider shoulders and hips, a relatively narrow waist, a generous bust, and thick legs. She always has a bronze tan and healthy, thick skin. The only really feminine thing she has besides her long hair is having modestly long nails.

Personality- Rune tends to be very blunt and grasps the exact situation where others will convince themselves that it is otherwise. She also enjoys indulging in sarcasm and often gains amusement through other's follies. It is moderately easy to annoy her but the feeling soon passes. It is almost impossible to get her angry as she takes nothing personally. She honestly doesn't care what people in general think about her. Rune is slow to come to a conclusion about a person or situation, one of the reasons she is so accurate at understanding a situation. She is unusually understanding, even if she doesn't agree, and doesn't bother blaming people. She is very practical and easy tempered, though she does have a very strange sense of humor. She is very aware of her surroundings and often notices little details others overlook. Rune is happy to be on her own most of the time but is also fine being among people.

Abilities/Talents- She has a sixth sense which can alert her to things like danger or magic and allows her to be slightly aware of events and things she couldn't possibly know, though she only gets vague feelings. She is also very good with her hands and has picked up useful little skills like lock-picking over the years. Her main saving grace is that she is fairly resistant to damage, which comes in handy.

Occupation- Merchant of the rare and unusual

Weapons- A voulgeand two daggers

Bio- Rune was born to a wealthy family with some relation to the nobility. Because of various family disagreements her grandfather proclaimed, completely legally, that the next child born would inherit everything. That next child happened to be Rune. Her uncle, who would have otherwise inherited, always tried to change the patriarch's mind up until his death. As her father was a high ranking soldier and her mother often took long trips for the family's social standing, her uncle decided to become her acting guardian. His first act was to send her, then twelve, to a far off estate with her grandfather's personal guard so that he could take control of her inheritance. While he intended that being banished would make her meek, as she was already displaying some disagreeable aspects of her grandfather's personality, it actually allowed her to do precisely as she chose to.
While she was banished her uncle managed managed to make a procession of monumentally stupid decisions. As Rune was the one who technically owned everything people were sent out after her. The body guard was a very shady, amoral person but, while at the beginning he had greatly disliked her, had developed a sort of fondness for her. When she managed to avoid the first few attempts at abduction she gained his respect. He helped her and they went into hiding. Then her uncle made the final mistake. Most of her inheritance was taken, except for her grandfather's secret cache which no one really knew the location of, and her uncle was arrested for treason. Rune and the guard decided it was better to simply disappear. He soon found that she was rather useful and they made a living at scavenging dangerous places. The guard has gone into retirement but Rune still continues.

Other- Rune has a few eccentricies. She has an unusually large collection of hair accessories and is drawn to odd things. She also tends to think through things out loud and say things with no explanation.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:35 pm
Announcements

Well, this never got off the ground, but I thought I'd unbury it and see if anything happened. I made a few little changes, but it's pretty much the same. I'd be happy to get any profile applications, or just any PMs with suggestions. Thank you ^-^  

Diamond-Eyed

Fantasy Role Plays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff