Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Prophecies of DOOM

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:19 am
I recently looked up the "Red Sky Prophecy" again. There's an excerpt from one of Tom Brown's books with the full story available here, but the short version is that Tom Brown's teacher Stalking Wolf, an Apache scout known as Grandfather, had a series of visions in the 1920s prophesying the end of "civilization" as indicated by four signs. After the second sign, we would no longer be able to heal the earth physically but would still have a chance to change things; after the third sign, destruction would be inevitable and only the children of the earth would survive by retreating to what wilderness remained. The first two signs have almost certainly happened already.

It got me thinking about End Times stuff. There's 2012, there's Nostradamus, there's Revelations, there are Hopi prophecies, there's even something in this pyramid book I'm reading.

Do you put any stock in such predictions? If so, which ones, and why? Are there other prophecies like these in your culture(s) or your spiritual path(s)? Are doomsday prophecies in general symbolic or literal, or is it not possible to make such a distinction? Do you feel the earth is on the brink of complete destruction? Do you have any End Times predictions of your own?

And other such questions you may pose and answer.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:52 pm
TheDisreputableDog
I recently looked up the "Red Sky Prophecy" again. There's an excerpt from one of Tom Brown's books with the full story available here, but the short version is that Tom Brown's teacher Stalking Wolf, an Apache scout known as Grandfather, had a series of visions in the 1920s prophesying the end of "civilization" as indicated by four signs. After the second sign, we would no longer be able to heal the earth physically but would still have a chance to change things; after the third sign, destruction would be inevitable and only the children of the earth would survive by retreating to what wilderness remained. The first two signs have almost certainly happened already.

It got me thinking about End Times stuff. There's 2012, there's Nostradamus, there's Revelations, there are Hopi prophecies, there's even something in this pyramid book I'm reading.

Do you put any stock in such predictions? If so, which ones, and why? Are there other prophecies like these in your culture(s) or your spiritual path(s)? Are doomsday prophecies in general symbolic or literal, or is it not possible to make such a distinction? Do you feel the earth is on the brink of complete destruction? Do you have any End Times predictions of your own?

And other such questions you may pose and answer.

I can see how the first and second would match. AIDS epidemic and the holes in the ozone layer.  

Recursive Paradox

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:30 pm
I believe the world will end when the sun goes red dwarf.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:00 am
CuAnnan
I believe the world will end when the sun goes red dwarf.

Actually, our sun will go red giant, then white dwarf.
Red Dwarf is a funny series on the BBC.
mrgreen

RIMMER: You don't know when to stop, do you, Lister? I'm your superior!

LISTER: Technician was the lowest rank on this ship. The man who changed the bog rolls was higher than us!

godhi

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff