Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
How many people read the bible? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joseph Crossheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:23 pm
Yeah so ive been going to a Christian youthgroup for almost 3 years now,and almost alll the other students there havent read any of the bible =/ theyre all teenagers so i kinda expected that ( most of them were probably just there to socialize) I was really surprised when i found out most of the Youth Leaders havent read the bible either o.0 or if they had than theyve only read the new testament. so i was wondering how many people in your church/social groups have read the bible,hole or part.

( actually i know alot more non-CHristians who have read the bible than Christians themselves )  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:51 pm
That is very unfortunate, but sometimes true b/c some believers feel they can let others tell them what the word says. However if you let others do that than those who are false prophets can tell you anything and twist the word to thier own liking. Also how can you have a closer relationship with God if you don't personally read his word. So all I can say is be the example and read for yourself not only the new testament but also the old. Encourage your friends who are believers to do so also P.S. Shame on those youth leaders, how can they show the youth the way if they haven't read the truth for themselves. P.S.S. I love the Lord with all my heart and love to read both old and new-they both have interesting stories(truths), and am now in the process of reading the whole bible. I read a little old and new every weekday and Sat & Sunday are my catch up days in case I fall behind. smile  

PandaGuh4ev

6,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:46 am
Ohh goodness!

Paul actually said he didn't care who/what was teaching Jesus to people, as long as the message of Jesus was being taught! I feel the same way. God sometimes uses the least likely of all people to do something.

Take Moses for example, he never grew up in slavery. He didn't suffer with the Israelites, yet God still chose him! Moses had no clue who God was.

So why prosecute people for not reading the bible and see what they are doing, bringing people a little closer to God!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:21 pm
i dont know the exact number but id say about the whole church save for a few kids teens and me (i lost my Bible crying )  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

animerider223

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:58 am
I myself have read almost the whole bible, but as for my church, I couldn't say.

I agree with PandaGuh4ev, that in reading the bible you can have a closer relationship with God, as the bible works like a letter from on to the other. Isn't that how you keep in touch with friends, writing letters or emails or texts?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:53 pm
I read my entire Bible in a year once, just to say I've done it (and also to read the parts I'd never read before). The church I go to is rather big, and we have a much older population, so I have no idea. We have a Sunday school Bible study type thing every week though, and I know that those people are at least all reading that verse/passage in order to discuss. xd But it really is sad how many Christians don't read the Bible. It's like .... how can you not? How can you not read for yourself what you're supposed to believe? How can you defend your faith if you have no idea what your faith is even supposed to entail?? How can you decide for yourself Who God really is and His place in your life if you don't even read His Word to the people?? It just confuses me. confused But as a guild, we really try to encourage more members to read the Bible, which is why, every month, we include a Bible verse in our newsletter to think about for that month, and why we have this subforum, and why we're going to be starting a Bible study soon.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

LadyAbiel

6,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:29 pm
I'm trying to read the bible every night and meditate it. I would usually read it, try to understand it, and then ask my mom if I understood it right, and she would give me even more details..

I know she probably read the whole bible.. I know my big sister probably did too, and they are still doing it I believe.

When it comes to my church well... I don't really know.. We have regular members that come all year long so they must have some knowledge of it.. but then listening to it and reading it in our own time is a different thing =/  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:19 pm
I've read up to Deuteronomy in the Old Testament, and I've almost finished reading Luke in the New Testament. I've been working on reading the entire Bible, and understanding it all. I don't know about my parents, but my sister has read at least some of the Old and new Testaments. My Church, I really can't say, we have two services, an Contemporary one, and a Traditional one. I go to the Traditional one, and there's a much older population there, and they've probably all read at least parts of it, I'm sure a lot of them have read it in entirety. The Contemporary service is mostly adults 20-30, and teenagers, I have no knowledge of what they've done, but some of them have definitely read some of the Bible, otherwise they wouldn't understand the sermons at all!

4/29/09: I finished the New Testament in the beginning of this month, then completed Pslams, and I am now reading Proverbs. After that I'm reading Isaiah, and then starting at Genesis.  

Jessy_4 26 2008

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:29 pm
my dad and mom have read the whole bible cover to cover over and over again, and almost everyone in my youthgroup have read the whole thing, even though i havnt read the whole thing i still try and read it every day(especially at school between classes)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:20 pm
I haven't read the entire Bible yet. I am more sporadic, I go where I feel led by the Spirit. I try too to memorize Bible verses, but i would definatly say to challenge other Believes to read the Bible. I am sure you guys are familiar with the Bible verses Joshua 1:8, Psalm 1:2, Psalm 119, II Timothy 3:16-17. I would definatly challenge some of your friends to read.  

Yelimi Kughdi

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:47 pm
jkopps thats what i does xD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:23 am
I've never actually read the Bible from front to back, mainly because I tend to get bored in the middle, and after that, I don't feel like continuing. But then again, it's probably because of my huge discipline problem; I don't do half the stuff I'm supposed to do because I'm not disciplined enough.

However, I have read certain parts of the Bible before; verses that people point out to me during sermons, or verses that are highlighted during my quiet time.  

Aladyleyna

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:56 am
I've never read the Bible completely. I have never once been told that it is a requirement for being a Christian. If anyone has told you this, it is a lie.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:10 pm
i don't think a lot of people in my youth group have read the Bible. As for the whole church, I don't know. I am working on reading through the Bible straight through, I'm currently in the book of Mathew. (My youth group is 13-18 I'm 13)  

CuttleTheFish

Innocence Is Me

Dapper Browser

750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:42 pm
I have never read the entire Bible. However, I will be finished soon! 3nodding

I started reading the entire Bible last fall and I've finished all the NT and I've moved onto the OT. I've read from Genesis up to 1 Kings. I'll be happy when I can say I've read the whole Bible. It has been a goal of mine for a while now.

I find it sad that not many people actually sit down to read their Bibles all the way through. The Bible is the Word of God. It's a chance for you to allow God to speak to your heart. If we didn't need to read our Bibles God certainly would not have inspired this wonderful book for us.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff