Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
The progress thread. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:26 pm
/)_(\ Nothing like sharing your progress with others to keep you going...

Okies. This is my progress thread. I and whoever else wants to will be posting a week-by-week overview of progress, eg, how hungry we're feeling, how hard we're finding our regime so far, how much weight we've lost since last week etc. This is all optional. 3nodding I'm gonna try post as much as I can so I know I'm being honest with myself. Ps- if you post here, please have a kind of target- extreme dieting is baaaaad. @_@

Alrighty, then. My target loss is two to three stone, 2lb a week.

Beginning of week one for Fuzzykit

-Weight lost: none. xp

-Feeling: Okay. If only my dad would stop tempting me on purpose... stressed

-Any fitter? You've got to be kidding me, I'm the epitome of unfit. eek  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:49 pm
Beginning of Week 1 for Aeren

- Weight Lost: none, in fact, gained 2 lbs over break.

- Feeling: sick. bleh.

- Any fitter: my arms are a little bit more toned, as i have been doing a aerobic strength training program

My goal for the week is to lose around 2 lbs. I am also going to start hitting the gym again, however, in moderation as I have a cold. I also have a goal to eat healthier in food service. No desert for the week!  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:36 pm
End of week one for Fuzzykit

I know it's only been five days, but I like to weight myself on Fridays, to keep up hope.

-Weight loss: One pound. One short of my target, but it's something at least.

-Feeling: Moody. I'm starting to feel genuinely hungry come the evening, but I have to stick it out. 3nodding I can do it!

-Any fitter: Why on earth did I put this as an option when aerobic fitness is a little further on in my agenda? stressed The answer is no. I'm physically quite strong and have some good muscle definition in my arms and stuff from weights and archery, but that's about it. Not very aerobically fit.

-Additional notes: Though I can forsee many hardships (late Xmas prezzies involving a lot of chocolate, for one >_<), I know I can do this. If all else fails, I need to show myself that I can stick to my guns.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:59 pm
Ladies, ladies, ladies, you can't be too hard on yourselves!

- first off, if you are participating in a muscle-strengthening program, those muscles are going to be heavier than fat. but at the same time, muscles bring a higher rate of metabolism. There's a stark difference between the number on your scale, and the number of your body composition (the amount of fat percentage your body has... which is really the stuff you want to target anyway ^_^ _).

- If you lose just 1 pound, you are still making progress!

- one important thing is to keep your head high, and adopt a positive attitude. Weight loss is a journey. smile

- and fuzzy, good luck trying to deal with those late xmas goodies! They can be tempting but as long as you portion them out and eat within moderation, you can pull it off.

Grippy's current progress

- I have used this first week as a "warm up week", to prepare and adjust myself for this weight loss stuff. I had to know when I could use the fitness room, for how many days, as well as adjust my body to prepare it for more serious workouts for next week. As well as begin getting into the routine of keeping a food log. stuff like that.

- I will officially begin my weight loss weeks on Saturdays, beginning tomorrow. Each Saturday, I will measure my body, record the scale, and the like. Saturday, the 15th of January, also marks the beginning of the national body challenge thing, so that's cool. *thumbs up*

So, Tomorrow, I will record my official progress here!  

Grip of Death
Crew

Grip of Death
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:17 am
Ending of Week 1 of Grippy- Jan 15

Weight Loss: I think I lost 1 pound. I can't say for sure officially because I didn't measure myself uniformly. But I FELT my body being improved.

Feeling: I felt stronger, more active, and healthier... not to mention sexier. I feel excited over getting my goals accomplished.

Any Fitter: Yes, I feel slightly more fitter. and... slightly more shaplier too. It sounds amazing how I feel so good so early in my goals..

Additional Notes: This week has been very successful for me. I have made fitness a priority in my schedule. My current challenges will be with managing my food for optimal health.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:31 pm
Beginning of Week 2 for Aeren

- Weight Lost: I am currently weighing myself on fridays, and so I really don't know how the weight is because I have not weighed myself. I will update my weight loss the next monday.

I measure myself every other monday, and I have lost a few inches. That is impressive.

- Feeling: still sick. feeling a little bit better, hoping to get back to cardio this week

- Any fitter: not really, my being sick is making me feel pretty crappy about the whole affair, but as i look at my measurements not increasing but going down, i am happily suprised. I don't feel fitter, but I guess I am a bit fitter.

Goals for the week:
GET HEALTHY!!! No more cold! I am trying to be patient but it is very very hard. Yuckness.

I am also hoping that by getting healthy I will be able to hit cardio again.

My goal is to have lost 2 lbs. I will update again next monday.  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:08 pm
End of week two for Fuzzykit

-Weight loss: Two pounds. Go me! xd

-Feeling: Very tired. ^^; But not hungry any more, and I'm still good about the whole diet thing. Still have a positive attitude, still can have the occasional treat without going nuts and binging, still eating in moderation with plenty of fruit veggies and a it of exercise as well.

-Any fitter? Actually yes, I'm feeling more powerful. Not energetic- I'm a naturally sleepy person, at the same time hyper. ^_^ But when I have to get a-moving, I don't feel it is much for longer. For instance I didn't die today when I ran around my school chasing things up (my school is very big). whee I'm also scaring people in karate. /)_(\;

-Additional notes: The good thing about school is that it tires me out so much and I have so much to do I'm to preoccupied/ tired to think about food. ^-^; I'm still feeling yuck, but things are going well. The cruel scales of truth never lie. Unless you forget to standardise the balance to zero. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:24 am
End of week 2 for Grippy:

-Weight Loss: The scale hasn't budged, but I have good reason to believe I lost weight.

-Feeling: I'm feeling slimmer and sexier. I feel confident knowing that I can take care of my body, and content with myself that I don't berate myself for mistakes or other unexpected events.

-Any Fitter?: Yes, definitely~! My legs feel firmer, and I lost inches across my body throughout. My heart feels more efficient too.

Additional Notes: I didn't officially record my progress, but I have some memories of what I was capable of doing previously. I'm more powerful now, but it's amazing how you can be that way in such a short amount of time. Note to self: record progress officially when working out! Also, I need to get back to weight lifting more as I was only able to get in one session for a full body this week.  

Grip of Death
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:21 pm
End of week three for Fuzzykit

-Weight loss: I gained a pound thanks to the damn menstruation cycle.

-Feeling: Put out. I really felt as if this week was a good one... then I got my period recently and I knew it spelt trouble. Fustration, anger, depression rolling into one. And tiredness, let's not forget that.

-Additional notes: Though I'm feeling a little discourages, I've not yet given up- far from it. I've had positive comments from my parents about my appearance so far. And they can be very harsh some times, so that's saying something.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:42 pm
End of Week 3 by Grippy

-Weight Loss: I weight myself on today, Saturday... and I weight *exactly* the same as last week! eek Keep in mind I... Like Fuzzy, am on my period too crying

- Feeling: I'm feeling blah-ish today since I'm on my period, and it just snowed today so i'm couped up in the house. But overall, I feel like I've packed on more muscle because all over my body feels firmer. and my body's gotten more shaplier too.

- Any Fitter?: Oui.

- Additional Notes: I am the same weight technically since last week, given my current state. As far as losing inches off my body goes, progress has been mostly slow, for some odd reason. Perhaps I've been bulking up muscle, or perhaps I feel more bloated since my menstrual cycle. I did lose some off of my chest, forearm, and waist area, though. As far as my progress with the stairstepper goes, I have noticed I can do more work, hwoever, I never bothered recording anything. DOH! I've worked new goals to adjust for next week though.  

Grip of Death
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:28 pm
Beginning of Week 4 for Aeren

- Weight Lost: I skipped last week, so last week I lost 2 lbs, and this week 1. Altogether 3. I also lost inches throughout my body, and .5 in on my waist! Yay! I am already at my goal I had set for spring break measuring wise around my waist! w00t!

- Feeling: stressed about school. its keeping me from getting a lot accomplished in the weight department. i feel crappy in general.

- Any fitter: i think i am a bit fitter, i ran a 3/4 of a mile so thats definitely improving!

Goals for the week:
I would like to lose 3 lbs. I know this may seem lofty but I really have faith that it is possible. I would also like to be able to run a mile w/o dying  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:08 pm
End of week four for Fuzzykit

-Weight loss: Two pounds lost this week. Back on track, it seems, at least I hope so.

-Feeling: Apart from stressed to near point of tears because of school, okay. My motivation's still going strong. If I can hold out to at least nine weeks, I know I've cracked the psychological side of things (my breaking point is usually 6-7 weeks).

Any fitter? Aerobically? Yes. My busy schedule has some uses other than academic gain and mental loss, it seems. And my arms are... beefier, and much more toned. xd

-Additional notes: Not to comment for myself, but just to tell everyone 'keep up the good work, you're all doing great!'. heart  

Fuzzykit

Grip of Death
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:35 pm
Weight Loss: whoo hoo! I've actually been dropping the pounds every week, I've found out! I've lost on average, more than 1 pound per week but slightly less than 2. This is great!

Feeling: I like the results so far. I also like how diciplined and orderly you feel when you work out. I also like how I can tell people I work out and they're like "whoa", in admiration. As far as my schooling goes, I'm currently cramming statistics down my own throat. I hope school doesn't stress me out too much. I've also got a lot of other stuff happening in my life, so it feels more active and stuff.

Any Fitter?: Yes. OH, definitely. I was able to walk around at UNC Charlotte (I was there visiting a friend), and there are quite a bit of hills. But my legs (quadricep muscles) were strong enough and my heart was strong enough that I wasn't out of breath much. My dear friend was though. I knew the walk would have killed me otherwise.

Additional Notes: The stairstepper is magic. I forgot just how important the quadricep muscles are, and how beneficial such strong muscles are to everyday life. I did stick to 30 min a day on it. I'm able to jump up to level four on it now. With my weight training, I am doing 1 set that requires lighter weight + more repititions so I can warm up and start burning in my muscles, and then doing a heavy set with less repetitions on my second set to build up strength. For some reason, I didn't lose any inches off my body this week, but I loss weight. That's so strange... aahh..  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:38 pm
Beginning of Week 5 for Aeren

- Weight Lost: None lost. No measurement report for this week.

- Feeling: pretty good. getting back into healthy eating and exercising after a week of blahness

- Any fitter: definitely, my arms are looking sexier by the day. i also managed to run a mile! i had to take a break in the middle, but still.

Goals for the week:
I ran a mile w/o dying, so my new goal is to run a mile w/o taking a break in the middle. I also would like to lose 2-3 lbs, since i didn't lose any this week. it takes time tho  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:06 pm
End of week four for Fuzzykit

-Weight loss: Nada. Glutinous rice cake made me hover (but thankfully not gain any more).

-Feeling: Still stressed, a little fat. Then again I'm always feeling like that.

Any fitter? Yup. Karate is king. whee

-Additional notes: Keep on running!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games