Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)
Talking Time!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RoyalRenegade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:24 pm
Would anyone like to talk to me before my skull rots?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:39 pm
Seems like you've drawn me in to do it so alright.

Uhh...
Topics... Topics... Topics...

Errr... Left 4 Dead is a great game biggrin

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

RoyalRenegade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:51 pm
Could you tell me the story, if its not too much?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:04 pm
There isn't really a story... its more of Scenarios.

There are 4 Scenarios: The City, Small Town, Airport, and Rural Farm

You play as one of 4 survivors who have to get through 5 chapters (levels) in whatever Scenario you choose in order to get to rescue.

When you play you can play online co-op where the other 3 survivors are controlled by other people
single player where they're NPCs
and there is Versus mode which is like online co-op but there is also another team of 4 players who get to be special zombies trying to stop you from reaching the end of each chapter (roles reverse once they stop you)

You start off in a safe house (room with barred doors) and you have to make it through the chapter to the next safe house to continue.
There are normal zombies you can kill and aren't much of a threat, and then there are Special/Boss Zombies that are deadly to a lone survivor.

Special Zombies can pretty much pin you down and kill you, so you will die if a survivor doesn't help you out. There are 5 Types, all make different noises and all are annoying.

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:23 pm
Left 4 Dead is played in a first-person perspective. In Campaign and Single-player mode, the player takes control of one of the Survivors; if four human players are not available, then the remaining Survivors are AI-controlled bots. They play through the levels fighting off the "Infected"—living humans who have been infected with a mutated rabies virus to which the Survivors are immune.[4]

The game is focused on cooperation and team play; colored outlines of teammates are visible through walls to help players stick together and coordinate their movement. If a Survivor falls off a ledge, then they may automatically hang onto it and can only be helped up by another Survivor. If a Survivor's health is depleted, then they become incapacitated and can only be revived by another Survivor, at which point they continue playing with a low amount of health that decrements over time. If a Survivor has been incapacitated and revived twice without tending to their wounds, then they will experience distorted black-and-white vision, and the next incapacitation will kill the player. If an incapacitated Survivor incurs further damage or is neglected by teammates, then they will die. If a Survivor is killed, then they will respawn in a closet after a period of time, but must be freed by another Survivor to rejoin the team. Otherwise, the player must wait until the next level.[5] Survivors can share first-aid kits and help each other heal. Left 4 Dead has friendly fire that cannot be disabled, increasing the need for caution around other Survivors.

The Survivors communicate by voice commands that are accessed by quick menus, and some sound off automatically when performing actions such as reloading or spotting Infected.[6] Over 1000 unique lines have been recorded for each Survivor.[7] Additional communication of player actions is conveyed through character lights. Also, weapon-mounted flashlights and muzzle flashes help the players in determining whether their companions are shooting, performing melee attacks, reloading or moving. Due to control issues and the likelihood of players using a LIVE headset, the Xbox 360 version of Left 4 Dead omits the quick phrases feature.[8]

The game is experienced through four campaigns that take place in various urban and rural locales. Multiple visual in-game hints, including license plates, park signs, and markings on airport equipment, imply that these locations are in Pennsylvania. Each campaign is divided into several chapters marked by safe rooms, which are checkpoints where players can heal, re-arm, and revive players who were killed.[9] Specifically, the four campaigns are: "No Mercy", an urban setting; "Death Toll", a small-town and countryside setting; "Dead Air", an airport setting; and "Blood Harvest", a woodland and nature setting. The levels are essentially linear, with distinct beginnings and ends, but there are a number of alternate routes to follow with more supplies and alternate objectives, helping to create a sense of non-linearity.[10] In the final chapter of each campaign, the players must defend a position from an onslaught of Infected until rescue arrives.[7] Each campaign lasts between 45 and 75 minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:30 pm
Sounds very interesting!  

RoyalRenegade

RoyalRenegade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:02 pm
While talking about games, has anyone besides me played Castlevania Judgement?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:57 pm
Unfortunately I've never played that game.

Anybody play any of the Harvest Moon games?

Or the sims?

Or anything like em?  

GeekWhistle

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:15 pm
I have played Harvest Moon, I didn't get into it so much heh >.>'

I also have the Sims~
That one is fun. Though... I don't really play it xD

I'm more into the online multiplayer stuff like FPS's and things~
Play together to kick some butt!
And thus I am presently playing much Left 4 Dead. *nod nod*

Though I know the person called Feuer plays a lot of Sims here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:44 pm
NaniNani073
Unfortunately I've never played that game.

Anybody play any of the Harvest Moon games?

Or the sims?

Or anything like em?

I have played harvest moon, as a matter of fact, but I really don't play the sims much, although I do have a friend who loves to play the sims.  

RoyalRenegade

TillxGone
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:26 pm
User Image

;D
      I be Sims 2 Master.
      :3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:37 pm
User Image

.:. I've played Harvest moon friends of mineral town <3