I wonder...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:52 am
Instead of making two seperate threads, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and ask you both questions at once...

Anyway, I'll cut to the chase... I was wondering if there was such a thing as A ) Star Trek fonts that I can download onto my computer. Not just english, but alien fonts as well. B ) A role playing manuel for the Star Trek universe. I've been DMing a D&D group for a little while now, and I was quite fancying doing a Star Trek game based in and around DS9...

So, if anyone knows of such things I'd appreciate it if you could give me a few pointers! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:43 pm
I don't know if there are any fonts, but I do know that there is a Star Trek RP game. I played a single session of it at GENCON, and it was amazing. I played a vulcan science officer. I looked up this link to a blog that has a similar question in which links are posted. That is the best I could do. Sorry. http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/245334-star-trek-rpg.html  

Dunedien

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:22 pm
There are ST fonts. You need to search online, but there are many fonts with the ST theme.

And that includes alien languages.

I can't say for sure about the other alien languages, but the Klingon one is very good and has the proper signs to be able to write in Klingon. Once you learn which key you have to press for each Klingon letter, that is. As Klingon has a different alphabet, some letters don't have an equivalent in the keyboard and are put in some other place.

I'm not sure if I'm making too much sense... mostly because I'm not sure if you wanted a working font to actually write in Klingon or just a Klingon looking font.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:52 am
Thank guys, youv'e been great help! biggrin

Maddy
I can't say for sure about the other alien languages, but the Klingon one is very good and has the proper signs to be able to write in Klingon. Once you learn which key you have to press for each Klingon letter, that is. As Klingon has a different alphabet, some letters don't have an equivalent in the keyboard and are put in some other place.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I wanted! smile Other alien languages would be good too, but I can see how they would be difficult to find.  

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces