Reply † Gamer Haven †
Silent Hill

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Resurrected Writer-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:12 pm
Interesting series, and one of my favorites.
Great on environmental decay and a general feeling of discomfort, fantastic when it comes to memorable moments (That one room in Silent Hill 3's reverse hospital. You know the one.)

Granted, the combat can be a bit sloppy (save for the last installment) and Pyramid Head has degenerated into a popular-character-pointless-insert along the lines of Sephiroth. But, hey, they're still good games.

Show of hands?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:09 am
They're too creepy and...just...WRONG for me lol. Too macabre. I prefer Resident Evil.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

-Resurrected Writer-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:58 pm
I'll admit that RE is great on action. biggrin
But then again, sometimes I prefer a radio going static in a dark room to decapitating zombies/gonados with shotgun shells.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:35 am
Silent Hill is creepier and scarier but I prefer the action in RE. Although I am starting to get bored of the series now since each game is initially the same thing repeated sweatdrop  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:28 am
I can't say much about the gameplay (as I 've never actually played any of the games sweatdrop ) but I love some of the music heart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:25 am
Kalvaya
I can't say much about the gameplay (as I 've never actually played any of the games sweatdrop ) but I love some of the music heart

Hoo yes.
It certainly helps matters that some of the games come with the soundtrack (such as SH3) heart heart heart  

-Resurrected Writer-

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Kalvaya

Hoo yes.
It certainly helps matters that some of the games come with the soundtrack (such as SH3) heart heart heart

...I'm tempted to buy the games just to get the soundtrack.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:11 am
I'm nearly done with RE^^ all I have to do now is kill Wesker?....something..>.>anyway i'm up to chapter 6.3 u_u
was kind of dissapointing to tell you the truth. I wanted more zombie action ( not me vs retarded people )...and the place in africa wasn't creepy enough...and it was the first RE I'v ever played. Its still awesome. I should play the other ones sometime^^

I saw Silent Hill movie^^but never played the game...excidentally I found a SH soundtrack called the music box on the net and fell in love with it^^  

VncnT_6

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

-Resurrected Writer-

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:30 pm
Kalvaya
-Resurrected Writer-
Kalvaya

Hoo yes.

...I'm tempted to buy the games just to get the soundtrack.

Soulseek is much cheaper. Granted, it runs the risk of viruses, but at least it's not as bad as Limewire.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:29 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Great on environmental decay and a general feeling of discomfort, fantastic when it comes to memorable moments (That one room in Silent Hill 3's reverse hospital. You know the one.)

Granted, the combat can be a bit sloppy (save for the last installment) and Pyramid Head has degenerated into a popular-character-pointless-insert along the lines of Sephiroth. But, hey, they're still good games.

Show of hands?

I actually enjoyed seeing the Pyramid Head in almost every game. XD
I was disappointed that he wasn't in Origins. I hate that Butcher. >.>;;

But still, I liked SH3. X3  

SymphonicFantasia

Magical Bookworm

-Resurrected Writer-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:01 pm
HarvestGoddess1993
-Resurrected Writer-

Show of hands?

I actually enjoyed seeing the Pyramid Head in almost every game. XD
I was disappointed that he wasn't in Origins. I hate that Butcher. >.>;;

But still, I liked SH3. X3

But Pyramid Head was in two games out of six. confused  
† Gamer Haven †

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items