Community for those interested in the darker, alternative side of life 

Tags: Alternative, Community, Rock, Chat, Goth 

Reply *Chamber of Archives*
December Monthly Poll: Contests

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you be willing to pay a fee to enter contests?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 am
A question for future contests: due to the lack of funds I would like to put a question to you all and receive your feedback.
In the past we've always held contests which are free to enter and I personally have paid for the prizes with my own gold and donations made by staff members such as Kalvaya and Felillia. However, if you would all like more expensive prizes we aren't going to be able to afford them with our own gold, particularly considering the inflation lately.
So, I make a proposition to you...
Would you all be willing to pay a small-ish fee to enter the contest, so that that money can be used to buy the prizes?
If so, how much would you all be willing to pay? So far we only usually get about 5 or 6 people entering the contests, so that will affect that amount you may have to pay. If you wanted a prize that was worth between 10,000 and 20,000gold you could be paying something like 2000g.
I'd love to have your opinions on this.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:43 am
Perhaps we could have free mini contests where you get nothing Absolutely nothing! Hahahahaha!!! if you win, but also have bigger entry fee contests. Either way I'd be happy to pay to enter a contest.

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:09 am
I think that sounds like a good idea, so that we have oppertunities for people to enter if they don't have much gold. The prizes would be alot cheaper than those from the fee contests, but I think it's a good idea to have several contests 3nodding

I'd like to know who voted no, just so I can know your opinion on it, that's all...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:54 am
i wouldn't mind paying a fee, it just depends on the amount, and the prize we are trying to win!  

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:57 am
minimishi
i wouldn't mind paying a fee, it just depends on the amount, and the prize we are trying to win!

okie dokes biggrin  
*Chamber of Archives*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff