Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Love to hate the love handles...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kasumi Kama

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:05 pm

Of the two main places that my fat has accumulated, my love handles are a big problem. When I used to go to the gym, they had a machine that was designed to work the oblique area, and I LOVED it. I saw a major improvement after just a month. But.. I don't have my gym membership anymore, and I don't have any money to renew it.

Does anyone know of any exercises that I can do to effectively work out my obliques? I was looking on the internet for some, but a lot of the sites just told me to do more cardio. ._.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 pm
I can't find any pictures, but a very good one that I should do more.

So: Stand with your feet spread shoulder width apart. Put one hand on your head behind your ear, sort of cupping the back of your hair, and align it with your body, (so don't let it poke to the front or back!) Let the other hand stay down. Then, crunch your body down to the left, and then to the right, don't lean forward or back, make sure you don't twist your body.

Do this 10 times on each side, and then switch your arms, so reverse them, if your left was holding your head, it's now down.

Then if you want to make it harder you can hold a 5 pound weight in the lower hand.  

Lady Schist

Kasumi Kama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:06 pm

Thanks! ^^

Okay, I just stood up and tried it, but I got lost at the crunch your body part. ._. I twisted to the left, and thought I was doing it right (cuz I felt a stretch) but then I saw that it said no twisting..

But if I felt the stretch, that must mean it was doing something?

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games