Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Newsletter Archive {Brush up on (y)our history}
Unashamed's Monthly Newsletter: December 2008

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know who said the quote about the ghost of Jesus?
Yes (if so, perhaps Santa Ryuu will give some gifts)
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
No (if not, maybe you'll get a gift anyhow. XD)
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:18 am
[ Unashamed: The Monthly Newsletter ]
John 1:1-5: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

[ Merry Freakin' Christmas! ]

As we all know, Christmas is that mystical time of year when the ghost of Jesus rises from the grave to feed on the flesh of the living. So we all sing Christmas carols to lull him back to sleep.

Okay, okay, not really. But after all of the outside-world PC-ness and not one, but TWO retail jobs in which I have been instructed to wish everyone a 'Happy Holiday' I take great joy in telling you, my brothers and sisters, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! We are celebrating one of the most important events in our lives. The transformation of the God who created us all into mortal flesh so he could later bring salvation to all who call him Lord. Even for those in the guild who are not Christian, I wish you the love and peace that this time of the year brings.

[ Holiday Extravaganza!!! ]

I would LIKE to announce a nice, big Holiday Extravaganza. But the crew needs YOUR help. Yes, you. You like the 'Uncle Sam Wants You' posters. I know that we don't have a large amount of active users, and really, that's fine. Those of you who kick in a word or two on a regular basis are great. *hugs all* But we need some ideas to liven up the guild. We want you all to have FUN here. We'd love to give away items and gold, but the crew is running a bit dry on strange, silly or just interesting things for the guild to do during fall and winter. If any among you have ideas that fall into one or all of the aforementioned catagories, PLEASE post it in the feedback subforum. Or feel free to drop a PM to a member of the crew.

[ A word from our Crew ]

Around Christmas time, it's very easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle of gifts and parties and church functions and getting the kids where they need to be and making sure that loved ones are looked after. It's also easy to use phrases like "birth of our Savior" until they become rote and lose all meaning. This year, it's those little things that we say that I want you to remember and pay attention to and bring the meaning back.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the man whose birth we celebrate every winter (even if we're a bit out-of-season for the real event). Love and peace and goodwill toward all men is important yes, but too often we forget that Jesus was more than a mere hippie-like prophet. He is God, OUR God, who loved us enough to choose the path that would ultimately lead to his torture and execution. Jesus was there before the first hiccup of life on earth, pulled the strings and molded the very universe. We seperate God and Jesus so much that we start to think of them as two different people, but without the Son, there was no crafting by the Father.

So, as we all sit down to our Christmas dinners this year and bow our heads in prayer, remember the power and glory of Jesus. Don't let yourselves get so caught up in everything else that we forget why we're celebrating in the first place.

Shalom, my friends, and peace be with you.

[ Prayer Requests ]

These are all the prayer requests that have come in during November. If you'd like to make comments and offer support, feel free to post in the individual prayer request threads inside the Prayer Request subforum.

saki_hanajima7
Update...
The constant holding in place of my shoulder has caused my collarbone to hurt as well. The doctor thinks its just sore muscles. But sometimes it feels like my collarbone is splintering or something. It's hard to explain, but it hurts. Things like changing clothes or washing my hair or pushing myself up out of a chair or something hurt a lot. And I'm just over half done waiting for surgery. 33 days and counting [i believe]. This sucks.
-------------------
My grandma had a stroke last week and is not doing well. They still haven't figured out exactly what's wrong, and she's getting worse in the meantime. She can still walk and and stuff like that, but she's lost a lot of stuff too. And my mom is down there all alone trying to take care of her. She came home last night but then my mom had to take her back to the hospital this morning. This is just really unexpected cause she's always been super healthy and in great shape for her age

~.~.~.~

Priestley
Ixor has received a invitation to be interviewed for her job of choice. If anyone who is willing would pray that God's will be done that she be accepted and starting as soon as possible, that would be ossum. She really needs them.

~.~.~.~

One4theKing
Hi there! I'm in dire need of finances at the moment. I plan on attending The School of Ministry in Toronto Canada... but I need money. I need 7000 dollars to attend and I just got a notice in the mail from my hospital saying that I owe them 943 dollars. I really need help. Pray for me! Thanks!

~.~.~.~

Laoidheach
Hi. I'm really going through kind of a spiritually rough time. My heart seems to be numb to sin, and my desires are returning to it. I don't want to go back to the way I was, I want to continue to grow in Christ.

I also have a ton of family problems, and I'm really depressed all the time. I haven't stopped being generally depressed for 3 years now. Not to mention I like this girl right now, but I just don't want to get close for fear of getting hurt again. (Last time I get mega rejected, and I took it HARD)

Will you please pray that God give me greater faith, and a massive desire to please Him? Also that I get out of my depression and stuff. Alot's happened to me, and I don't think I take it well at all...

~.~.~.~

ryuu_chan
Hey guys. I'm in need of some prayer. I'm moving into my own place in early December, but my hours at both jobs are getting cut to the point where I don't know if I'll be able to afford it. Short of getting kicked out, there's no real way to break the lease, and if I lose the house I'll have nowhere to go. Please pray that I'll have the finances to continue living where I live.

[ Praise Reports ]

We also like to praise God for what He's done in our lives, giving Him glory for the immense blessings He's given us. These are the praise reports that have been posted in November. If you'd like to praise along with them, or offer your own praise reports, you can do so in the Praise subforum.

It seems that November was a slow month for praise, so I merely ask that as you read this, offer up your own small prayer. Thank you.

[ November's Birthdays ]

This month, Unashamed wishes a happy and blessed birthday to:

IkaruTiger
Rikoujin
random_shiichan
kairiluvxxx
Hogosha neko
Arachibutyrophobic
[WolfVs.Wolf]
Hippeaux
MLSassman
AisuruTsuki
suuugarplum

Hope it's a great one, guys!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:22 pm
Great jorb, Ryuu! biggrin

*whisper whisper* I know where the quote about the ghost of Jesus comes from. ninja

Priestley

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:41 am
Thanks again for doing the newsletter, ryuu. ^-^ Now I'll drag all of my crew into the crew subforum so we can plan stuff, cuz I has ideas. ^-^  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:29 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
Thanks again for doing the newsletter, ryuu. ^-^ Now I'll drag all of my crew into the crew subforum so we can plan stuff, cuz I has ideas. ^-^

Nooo, save us from the punishments!  

Priestley

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:11 pm
Are you talking about Mark 6:49 concerning ghosts? If not I have no idea?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:05 pm
Priestley
Fushigi na Butterfly

Nooo, save us from the punishments!

You know you like it. >3  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:42 pm
Cat Sapphire

The quote Ryuu gave doesn't necessarily have to be from the Bible. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:22 am
Priestley
Cat Sapphire

The quote Ryuu gave doesn't necessarily have to be from the Bible. wink

And, in fact isn't. I'll give you a hint: it's from TV. mrgreen  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:38 pm
Priestley cheated and looked up the quote, and told me. D: