Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
My legs are hurting? o.0

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M U L E

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:25 pm
I've started to exercise at a nearby park after dinner. I jog and then walk when I get tired whee

After a few days, my legs (I'm assuming muscles?) have started to hurt and they seem to be tired and kind of weak :S

What's happening and how do I avoid it in the future?

I stretch before exercising but I don't know if it's enough. Do I need to start my exercise slowly like walking and then go faster? Is there anything I need to do when I finish? (Yeah, I try to exercise but I don't think I know what I'm doing :S)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:22 am
I'd say to walk a little first before running. But sometimes that's just what happens.

When I first started going to the gym I was fine, but after a few sessions the muscle tension started catching up with me.

I'm not sure, but stretching and walking first sounds like a good plan to me.  

Queen-of-Sarcastica

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:05 am
1. Drink a glass of water, to make up for the water you'll lose while exercising.

2. Engage in fifteen minutes of slow, thorough stretches.

3. Start by walking for at least five minutes before you begin to jog, run, or engage in anything more strenuous.

4. Remember to drink at least one more glass of water after you finish exercising.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:12 pm
Cool, I shall try that ^_^

Can I drink water DURING exercise? Not a lot so I get stitches but slowly.  

M U L E

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:53 am
I've always found that if you just work through it the soreness gets better. When I started working at a wilderness lodge, I began walking up a death hill three or four times a day as I had to go from my accommodations to my work place.

I got so sore and tired after the first week and a half I thought I was dying, but after another week of pain and suffering, it started getting better. And my fitness increased.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:22 am
It's good that your legs hurt! Your body is probably not used to that much exercise, so the pain means your muscles are getting stronger and getting used to it. The soreness will probably go away soon (a few days tops). 3nodding As long as you keep exercising, the soreness should stay away.  

__penguin__
Captain

M U L E

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:12 pm
Cooools =] I've stopped now though because of my schoolwork... Oh wells, summer holidays soon so I'll have time then ^^ I might just play with the DDR imitation until then xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:43 pm
well i used to be in football.....and every year when we would start running and lifting weights everyone was very sore....but the sorness should leave after about a week, and i heard that it is good to keep exercising through the sorness  

joshua2486

II R i n g o II

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:42 pm
You should be careful, ause I did that, and I got my knee out of place and tore a lot of muscles. >_<  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games