Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
tips to STOP/PREVENT bingeing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suzuri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:24 am
My main problem is binging.
I KNOW I don't eat enough throughout the day, but even if I do I STILL binge when I get home. And problem is, I get home from High School every day, and I'm alone for almost 4 hours! I have supper alone, so either I run to a hidden corner far from the kitchen to eat, or I binge.

I can't feel when I'm hungry until my stomach grumbles, and can't feel that I'm full until my stomach is about to explode.

Do you guys have any tips on how to stop binging?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:03 am
1. The moment you get home from school, drink at least one tall glass of water, then wait for fifteen minutes, then engage in some exercise. It could be anything -- calisthenics, aerobics, exercise bike, Dance Dance Revolution (or just dancing to music in your room) -- anything you can do for at least fifteen minutes at a time.

2. The moment you're done exercising, eat a piece of fruit and chase it down with more water. Exercising dehydrates you, so you have to build up your body's level of hydration again.

3. Do your homework. If you need it, you can have some water and ONE more piece of fruit while working, but that's it. If you don't have four hours of homework a night, you're not taking enough classes that challenge you. Try to get into a harder class next term.

4. Whatever you do, don't sit down in front of the television until your homework is finished. People tend to reflex-eat when watching television.

5. If you still feel like eating, and it's not proper mealtime, brush your teeth. The taste of the toothpaste will make you cringe when you think about eating.

6. Discipline is no more than remembering what you truly want. No snack tastes as sweet as being thin and healthy feels.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:05 am
i had the same problem when i was in high school. you get home at 4 and they don't till like 7 or 8 pm.

Do you play video games? that's a great distractor to take your mind off of that kitchen.

Another, if you are hungry, eat veggies. Like carrots, or hell make a salad. You know that most salads (lettuce and stuff) have a whopping 15 CALS? (per serving) yeah, so pig out to your hearts content. Also if you like vinegar, you can always use it as a ZERO CALORIE dressing.

lol now i'm home for a whopping 13 hours or more by myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:58 am
Are you allowed to snack at school? If so you should pack an apple, some rice cakes, carrots, yogurt, or other healthy snacks so you do not get too hungry and eat bad things when you get home.

Also, remember to eat when you are hungry and only stop when you are full. Eat slowly so that you can feel the fullness coming on. Just remember to eat good, nutrient dense foods. There can be good calories and bad ones. A good calorie would be something that gives your body lots of nutrients. A bad one is empty and junky, like a candy bar. Depriving yourself is not a good long term plan.  

Gossy

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:20 am
One little correction:

Don't stop eating when you're full. Stop eating when you're beginning to feel satisfied. You know that little sigh that you give while eating, that says "Mmm, this is satisfying?" Once you give out that little sigh, stop eating. Food takes about half an hour to get from your mouth to your stomach and for your stomach to send your brain the signal that says "Okay, that's enough." If you keep eating for the whole time, you won't be satisfied, or even full -- you'll be OVER-full. Being over-full is how we gained weight in the first place.

If you're still not feeling satisfied after half an hour, go get more food. A LITTLE more.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:47 pm
Whenever I get in that mood, not the 'I'm hungry mood' but the 'I'm bored/doing homework and need to eat' feeling, I chew gum, drink water and run around my house dancing to music. It is the only thing I do that keeps me sane.  

Sell Out Kid

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games