Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
"OMG i luv u 2" NO. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agree?
  No. I hate you.
  Yes. I love you.
View Results

Pandora Bracelet

Wealthy Fatcat

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:56 pm
Srsly guys.

I'm tired of every story I read ending.... "Happy." I guess I should say.

I especially hate it that after two chapters of both people telling each other deep dark secrets and they will never open up to another person again.

It's just like-

"lol were goin out nao"

WHAT?

I want abuse!

Anger!

Death!

Come on!

D<

I'm not trying to be weird or anything. But honestly, it's cute and heart warming but sometimes-

I want something to make me cry and say why!

People this trend of "i luv you 2" after like two chapters of nothing.

Needs to end.

/rant

Opinions? Counter rants? What grinds your gears?

plz

kthxbai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:30 pm
That'd sure make things interesting.  

Pretty Pretty Priceless

Wesley Laroche

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:51 am
Oh my gosh YES. I agree with you 100%, it's no fun when it's all lovey-dovey and always happy, and it gets boring after a while. That's probably one reason why Duncan-pokes her OC- always has something bad happen to him, even if I'm the one causing it. >< How I like to see his innocence be taken <---the freak in me says that, but it's true, I like to see not-so-pleasant things happen to the more innocent, or not so innocent, characters.

In one of the longest running and in depth roleplays I'm in there's not so much happiness in it, though each character is happy though at different times. There's mostly confusion and misunderstanding, and we already have it planned that there's going to be a fair amount of arguing and fighting in the near future between our characters about jealousy.

It should be like in the movies, it's never happy all the way through and not all of them have happy endings, and I like to think of books and roleplays in the same way. They have to have a pulse.

In the end...I like tension and a bit of drama in my stories, abuse is always good to. Death is good as well, though it always makes me sad to see the character go and then I'm traumatized for a few days, but as long as it helps the story move along I should recover. I tend to have a dark or sardonic sense of humor, twisted even, so when the situation starts to make your skin crawl and your stomach churn and you worry and/or are frightened for the well being of a character, the better I think, and I crave it at times. I also like a little mental scarring. >>;

I talk to much to say that I agree. xP

And Pandora your sig makes me sad and wish that I didn't forget about Stephen Colbert's Christmas Special. gonk -wanted to see it so badly too- It'll come one again I'm sure of it, it's a Christmas special after all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:57 am
Want to see some REAL evil stuff comrade? Not just random violence but something almost purely evil with all the gayness you figure you need? Have a look at Taboo by ahcri-slate on DeviantArt. Violent, sensual, dark, and you could say there is a happy ending, but not everyone is happy. In fact lives were ruined for the ending received. You should like it...or you will pray for that innocence again.  

Ceveo

Count Chocolat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:29 am
That comic odio implacable linked to is real disturbing. Can't beleive I read it all.

I agree with you on this. I love seeing couples work out, but it gets boring after a while. I've read few that are actually sad in the end and even though it makes me blubber like a baby, I love them. (I would post the link to my favorite one, but it's against the Gaia ToS).
Death always makes cry. I can't kill off a character of mine, so I dont' know how other people do that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:34 am
oh my gawd that is funny and I hear you. I want a yaoi story too that has REAL conflict and not just the whole social "gays aren't accepted" storyline either. I want the characters to feel dark and have REAL problems like a drug addiction or something. Something with depth because the whole "I love you" thing in a short amount of time is so unreal but then again, what is love other than an excuse to get into the other pants huh? hehe

I hear ya, I have written a story similar to what you're looking for.  

kyoshiro elric

Wesley Laroche

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:40 pm
Dear god I read what odio linked to and I'm still shocked and a am more than a little disturbed that overall I liked the story and the ending. I knew I liked dark and twisted things, but like that?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:56 pm
Hmmm, I agree that the whole "deep deep love after two chapters" thing gets really annoying in a series (that's pretty much why I ended up hating Fushigi Yuugi, hetero coupling non-withstanding), but I'm not really one for the dark, twisted plotlines. I would like a little more depth to my stories if it's going to be an ongoing series, but I don't really need that for one shots. Really, if I decide I want to read about people with issues I just go reread Hoshi no Yakata. Not nearly as dark as what odio is pimping, but it suits me fine.  

Jaaku-san

Angelic Warrior

Enzai Sebby3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:48 am
I'm a bit of a romantic,so a story without its happy ending would be a waste for me.
I like to see everything working out between them,they can finally be together and so on...
Sorry,but i got to go with the sappy,cutesy stuff >:3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:02 pm
Know what pisses me off even more than that?

"I love you! Will you go out with me?"

stare  

Skizzors
Crew

animeangel_99

Supportive Cat

16,615 Points
  • Team Player 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • There are two sides... 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:36 pm
I'm a bit of both. Though I prefer plot with a happy ending most of the time. If I'm in a dark mood that's another story.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:48 pm
Rulin' ya universes...

Ugh, I totally agree! I need darkness, and violence (mmm, violence) HATRED AND LUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT [/shot]
Um, but yeah, I agree. I'm getting sick of the fluffy love confession-y, shoujo bubbles-y sugar-coated schoolboy-romance muck we keep getting (I'm lookin' at you, Juné.) Please. No more schoolboys (unless they're trying to kill each other)
I'm on a constant quest for dark, cruel,bloody, gory, sexy, heart-wrenching stories that make your heart race then stop completely in each chapter! 8D

Damn it all, we should make an effin' manga like that. Or better yet, start a company that licenses nothing but daaaark manga~ *sigh*
Anyone got money for it? xD
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Wesley Laroche

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:53 pm
I so wish I did Sushii. xD I'd be all for making a manga like that. owo  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:55 pm
Hmm have you read the comic I posted above by Ahcri-slate sushi? I think it would fit your tastes well enough, and she is also friends with other gore and abuse lovers so just by her watchers and favs you will be able to find your way to others.  

Ceveo

Dracavia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:59 pm
I'll admit, I'm a sucker for happy endings. sweatdrop

But, I don't want the whole story to be happy, sugary fluff. I don't care how much violence, angst, and darkness are in the actual story: I just want somewhat of a happy ending. I want the characters to get together, but I don't want the development of their relationship to be a walk in the park.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff