Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
National Body Challenge

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:12 pm
Discovery Health is starting this, on the 15th of January. It is a challenge to help Americans shed lbs.

http://health.discovery.com/convergence/nationalbodychallenge2005/faq/faq.html

check it out for more information  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:40 pm
hehe, Aeren, you beat me to the punch! I joined up last year. I also get their newsletter. the body challenge newsletters are very fun and informative to read. I only participated in the body challenge through the internet though.  

Grip of Death
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:58 am
thats how i will be too razz since there aren't any discovery stores anywhere near where i live. and i mean ANYWHERE. lol.

the virtual model thing is pretty sweet.

did it help being a part of it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:20 pm
Aeren
thats how i will be too razz since there aren't any discovery stores anywhere near where i live. and i mean ANYWHERE. lol.

the virtual model thing is pretty sweet.

did it help being a part of it?

hhmm.. I can't say it helped me too much. Some of the factors, however, was that I didn't depend on the program much to do results. I used the program as a tool, muchlike the fitday.com website. Since I participated only online, I didn't get any freebie stuff except what was on the internet. The parts that DID help last year, however, was that the site has insightful information and newsletters delivered to my email address. Being a part of the program can be beneficial to help remind you of your goals.

I'd say... joining it is better than nothing ^_^  

Grip of Death
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:45 pm
i like the virtual model  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:56 pm
You mean http://www.myvirtualmodel.com/mvmhome/jsp/home.jsp? kind of virtual model?

Anyway, today I joined up for the national body challenge thingee.

I signed up for ediets.com's free membership that will expire in mid march.

I was tempted to get the free Balley Fitness Trial membership pass, but I do not trust Balleys. I once had a 2 week pass there... and remembered being badgered by the personal trainers often, as well as pressure to sign up for a membership. and the word "trial membership" sounds fishy because it implies that you're gonna get a membership later one. "free", on the other hand, would sound very nice. 4laugh But don't let my comments deter any of you from your fitness goals as you see fit.  

Grip of Death
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:52 am
yup that virtual model.

i once was with ediets and i really liked it. i loved the menus they made for me. i can not do it now as i eat at food service and don't feel that it would be worth the money.

as for bally's there isn't one anywhere near here. so it doesn't matter to me if they gave me a trial pass because i can't use it anyway.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games