Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
Blink 182 Reunion?! (update)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much do you want a Blink 182 reunion?
  SO MUCH! I WAS SOOO SAD WHEN THEY BROKE UP!
  A lot. I really liked Blink
  I don't really care either way
View Results

dirty little heart

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:14 pm
So for those of you who haven't heard there's a possible Blink 182 reunion.
Below is the entry from Mark Hoppus' blog:

Quote:
in the midst of everything else that has happened lately, tom, travis, and i have all spoken together. first through a number of phone calls, and then a couple of weeks ago we all hung out for a few hours. they’ve all been great, very positive conversations. we’re just reconnecting as friends after four years of not talking. it’s a good thing. obviously the first question for a lot of people will be “does this mean a blink-182 reunion?” the answer is none of us know. we haven’t talked about it at all. right now it’s just good for the three of us to see one another, reconnect, and let the past be the past. the events of the past two months supersede everything that happened before. life is too short.

In this week's issue of Kerrang there was talk of a tour next year. Personally I'm excited. I was kinda bummed out because I never got to see Blink play a live show so this would be great news for me cause they were one of the first rock bands I listened to.
I just wanted to know your opinions on the subject.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:57 pm
O_O
This is better than when Green Day got back together.

Kylie the Cumbie

Fragile Panic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:39 pm
I hope they go on tour together as Blink-182 again and come to Canada i love them. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:44 am
UPDATE: Just the other day Mark Hoppus did an interview with MTV. you can read the full article here
But the actual interview is as follows:

Quote:
On That Blog Post: "I'm amazed at the response from what I wrote on my blog. It's awesome that so many people want to know what's going on. And I know there are lots of questions people have, so I'm going to lay it all out here in this interview. I'm just speaking for myself here. The simple answer is, we're still reconnecting as friends right now. None of us know exactly what's going to happen. I do know that we're all very stoked to be talking again, laughing and letting the past remain in the past. But we're also coming together after an extremely acrimonious band breakup, a lot of anger and frustration with one another and four years of not talking. I think that we need to get back to a certain point as friends before we could ever take a stage together again, because that's what we always based everything on."

On His Relationship With DeLonge: "Right now, we're getting back to just being friends. I talk to Tom several times a week, sometimes several times a day, and you know, he's still the same Tom that I talked to on tour buses four years ago. He still talks about UFOs and lasers and conspiracy theories. We talk about new bands we dig — Vampire Weekend — and the movie 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall.' We also make stupid fart jokes. God help us, we're grown men still making fart jokes. ... Who knows? I know two things: One, I'm just glad we're all friends again, and two, none of us know anything for sure beyond that."

On the Future of Blink-182: "The future is wide open. ... Blink-182 wasn't manufactured by a label, and we weren't making music to make money or for fame. We were three friends in a band, writing music that we loved. That's where it began and ended. Before there's reunion talk, we need to get back to that point again. Actually, we would need to get beyond that point, to a place where you can say to someone, 'Hey, man, I'm not really feeling this,' and be able to argue constructively about the music. Because that's where the best of Blink-182 came into being. The pull between the ideas the three of us had. I've always thought that the three of us each brought something unique and special to the songs, and the collision of those elements made the music what it was. In short, we would need to get back to where we're all close enough friends and artists to be able to tell each other, respectfully, 'Suck it.' My final thought is this: If — and this is a big if — Blink-182 were ever to re-form, it would have to be the most amazing, ridiculous, mind-blowing show and tour ever. I feel like, as bitter as our breakup was, we stepped back at the top of our game, and we'd have to come back even stronger and better than before."

I'll be sure to keep posting updates here as I find them out biggrin  

dirty little heart

dirty little heart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:53 am
from http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=851442

Quote:
Blink 182 will be reuniting at the Grammys... as presenters.

biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 pm
Their website says they're back together and recording an album, which we can expect in the summer of this year! W00t cool mrgreen  

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:10 am
Everyone at my school is freaking out about it. gonk It has been a riot.

I bet Panic is happy! <3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:07 pm
The only reason I care is because Travis Barker is amazing.

WOO!!

I hope they come to Buffalo.  

Groucho and Karl

Fanatical Cultist

Fragile Panic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:35 pm
I'm so happy Blink-182 is getting back together.
I love them. mrgreen heart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 pm
PrimeOdd
Everyone at my school is freaking out about it. gonk It has been a riot.

I bet Panic is happy! <3

All Time Low was pretty physicked about it too.
:3

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Other Music Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items