Reply The Beatles
Across the Universe (The movie) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stickyfeet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:44 pm
Do you have an opinion about the movie Across The Universe?

I didn't see it, but I watched most of the clips of the Beatles songs. I actually want to see the movie now, even though I'm not entirely sure what it's about. I love how they set up Revolution.

But I've heard really negative things about it. What do ya'll think?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:48 pm
I didn't love it, I didn't hate it.

The plot is somewhat boring, because I think mostly the movie is all about the musical and visual aspects of it. It's interesting to watch, and I do enjoy what they did with a lot of the music, but it's not one of my favourite movies. I only made it through the whole thing once.

And I had to skip over "If I Fell." God their version was boring.  

practicallyzen

The Twilight Bringer

Distinct Genius

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:49 pm
So Static
I didn't love it, I didn't hate it.

The plot is somewhat boring, because I think mostly the movie is all about the musical and visual aspects of it. It's interesting to watch, and I do enjoy what they did with a lot of the music, but it's not one of my favourite movies. I only made it through the whole thing once.

And I had to skip over "If I Fell." God their version was boring.

Took the words right out of my mouth.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:46 pm
It was pretty good.
Some of the songs where awesomely done.
Like Revolution, I want you (she's so heavy), Happiness is a Warm Gun and more.
But I had to do the same thing with If I Fell.
Jude had a pretty good voice. And he was quite adorable.
But nyeah. The plot wasn't overly good. Even though I nearly cried.
Not one of my favorites.

paawiis

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:08 pm
I have to say that I was completely in tears during the Let It Be scene. But I cry easily and that song on its own often gets me, so put in that scene...it killed me. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:23 pm
I enjoyed it. A LOT, actually.
It came out around the time I was really starting to listen to the Beatles, and I didn't get a chance to see it in theatres but I rented it. Good actors, great voices... fueled my love for the band even more! It was refreshing to hear people do modern versions of the Beatles' music, instead of trying to copy it.

[Your Worst Nightmare]

paawiis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:27 pm
So Static
I have to say that I was completely in tears during the Let It Be scene. But I cry easily and that song on its own often gets me, so put in that scene...it killed me. gonk

Yeah, that was really sad. Hey Jude was pretty sad. With all of the kids.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:35 pm
WhileMyGuitarGentlyWeeps
So Static

Strawberry Fields Forever and Across the Universe really got my heart aching. But I agree, Let it Be was also really sad. The poor kid.

[Your Worst Nightmare]

paawiis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:39 pm
[Your Worst Nightmare]
WhileMyGuitarGentlyWeeps
So Static

Strawberry Fields Forever and Across the Universe really got my heart aching. But I agree, Let it Be was also really sad. The poor kid.

Strawberry Fields Forever made me hungry if anything. Even though it was pretty well done. But I'm kinda sick of everyone doing Beatle things with a fruit as a label.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:26 pm
I liked it. It was pretty cheesey, but what musical isnt?  

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:42 pm
Eh. I used to be all against it- "IF YOU LIKE ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, YOU DON'T LIKE THE BEALTES!!111" But I've pretty much calmed down about it. As long as you're not annoying about it, I don't care if Across the Universe is how you got into them. The movie is okay, I guess. Nothing to write home about. (I've been wanting to use that expression for awhile... haha.)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:51 am
It was good.

You guys are being too hard on it.

You should see it if you haven't. Some incentive would be that you see Evan Rachel Woods n****e. But really, who hasn't.  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

izzib1202

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 pm
it was good. evan rachel wood (lucy) has an annoying voice, but all the others were really good, especially sadie's. the instrumentation on most of the songs was really interesting, especially if you heard what they did to create some of the sounds. the plot was pretty basic, but good, and the movie was pretty artistic, which is cool.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:50 pm
yeah it was good

but sadie was NOT sexy

at all  

magnoboy

[Your Worst Nightmare]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:42 pm
ORLY? I thought she was gorgeous.

Oh, and I have a question for you guys. I noticed some of the characters looked/sounded like real musicians of the late sixties.. anyone else see it or am I crazy?

Jo-Jo = Jimi Hendrix
Sadie = Janis Joplin
Dr. Robert = John Lennon

The Beatles

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out