Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is this happening 2 u?

View Results

technicolor scenery

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:23 am
well 1st off i have 2 be a hidden goth and i hate it soooooo much having 2 hide who i am and 2nd i am the only goth in y skool so aside from my little group of friends who dont care who i am every1 else is against me and my gf has changed she isnt the punkette i fell in love with and i am a christian and a goth so ppl naturally (being stereotypical) think i worship Satan so can some1 plz help me  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:33 am
umm... well I can't help you if you don't tell why you hide yourself I mean because your the only one is a stupid reason be yourself and rock your ******** world  

Strawberry Bunny Magician

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:15 pm
dude, we get this question about once in a blue moon....

1. Don't hide, be who you are.

2. Since when did it matter what the other kids think, you're in school...school is not real life, just a darker version of their parents own hell.

3. so...you're goth and christian, turn the other cheek and be who you are.

4. If you have to hide what you are, then you have some major self esteem issues you need to work out first.

5. so...your GF bailed on the scene. So what! if she still loves you and doesn't care what you look like, then you're one step ahead of the rest of the herd, enjoy it. If she's gone, then move on....no sense dwelling on it, it solves nothing. There ARE other women on the planet, yours is just out there waiting to find you.

6. it's called english, use it. Prince (the artist formerly known as, and is again) was the only being on the planet who used numbers instead of letters to convey thought, and he was cool for it. don't be a copycat. A mark of intelligence over the rest of the neanderthals in your school is a hallmark of goths.

7. YOU know you worship God, that's all that matters. But, if you wish to give a snarky response to the ignorant....tell em' you worship the flying spaghetti monster instead (look it up dude), and enjoy a laugh at their expense.

(I know I sound harsh, but sometimes you need to hear harsh things to bring your world back into perspective.)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:18 pm
I'm backing Keevan with this one 175%.

Also, in the future, don't copy celebrities and "txt tlkrs" when asking questions. People will take you a little more seriously if you don't. Attempting to use proper sentance structure also helps.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:20 pm
LET LOOSE THE SHAME OF BAUHAUS! EMBRACE THE BAUHAUS! scream  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:03 pm
lol...the joys that are Bauhaus.....so true.

but, lest we not forget, there are other musicians out there for a young prodigy to find gothy inspiration from.....

Fields of the Nephilim (because Wraith says so)
Anders Manga
Voltaire
Diamanda Galas
Warrel Dane
Nightwish
Lady Morphia
japaneseCarcrash
Nuclear Blast Allstars
Cruxshadows
Demonika and the Darklings
Nox Arcana
The Moors
Dave Gahan
Veil of Thorns
Mirabilis
The Essence
Synthetic Division

lest we not forget the godfathers and godmothers of our beloved lifestyle...

Alice Cooper (yes....he is, the forerunner of gothic glam rock)
Joy Division
The Cure
Bauhaus
Sousie
Sisters of Mercy
Gloria Mundi
The Munsters
The Addams Family
Dark Shadows (barnabas collins for the win!)
Elvira
Zacherly (brownie points to whomever knows this without looking it up)
Igor (come on! all the Igor's of the world were far cooler than their mad scientist masters)

(there are far far more than this meager list, but I had a brain fart and forgot the rest....forgive me)  

Keevan Draco

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:10 pm
XWraith_LordX requests Keevan to add Fields of the Nephilim to the list.

surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:54 am
there's Catholic priests who are goths  

AEtherclaw

sublime_necromancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:20 pm
When all else fails...loose yourself in what you love (hopefully not, but even if it is borderline morbid).  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:52 pm
Don't pretend to be something you're not just because other people don't like goth. Be yourself. Don't be afraid to come to school one day wearing truly scary stuff. Watching the looks on everybody's faces is quite amusing. ^_^ And, I'm a Christian too, and if anybody says I worship Satan, I question their IQ and walk away.  

Twisted Maggot

trampyre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:13 am
Find yourself a big gothy crucifix to wear to help proclaim your gothiness. OTherwise, if you are genuinely scared about being harrassed about expressing who you are, you could try a 'toned down' goth look (like black jeans and a black long sleeve shirt, maybe a nice pair of black shoes or short boots; try to dress nicely and abstain from the eyeliner - that's often what gets people going). IT's still a respectable goth look and it's conservative and christian. Sorry my keyboard isn't working well right now.

Many many goths are christians, and very good christians at that! If you exploain to people who bother you that goths come from all religious walks of life and that there is a large population of christians among them, will they understand? Would it help to talk to someone in your church about it? Can you explain to others how gothness can be cool and christian at the same time? If not, take some time to think about that and come up with some comebacks for when people acuse you of being satanic. (also, it helps if you have christian friends who KNOW you to be a good christian, to back you up).

re the punk girlfriend, Maybe she is trying to find out who she is and is finding a new way to express it. Ask her how she feels and try to understand why may be looking for a new identity. Is it just that she is changing her looks? Maybe she is just trying something new to see how it makes her feel .. people experiment with their looks sometimes and it is perfectly normal to grow through many transformations in the process of finding your true identity.

I hope this helps.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff