Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Expect it in Spring! ~.:EDIT:.~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Quote:
Sure, Panic at the Disco released their '70's rock opus, Pretty. Odd. this past March. But considering they scrapped an entires disc's worth of songs prior to recording Odd, the band thinks the time is right for new music. "We're better off than we were last time," explains guitarist/lyricist Ryan Ross. "We've got quite a few songs that we've been working on- we never really stopped writing this time." Having wrapped the Rock Band Live tour with Dashboard Confessional in mid-November, the band plan to head to the studio with producer Rob Mathes in in January or February; and we're not talking just any studio, either. "Nothing's for certain yet," starts Ross,"but we'd love to do the whole record at Abbey Road this time." The band are still mining the Beatles and other classic staples (Ross cites Elton John, Big Star, and Peruvian psych-rockers We All Together as prominent influences), so laying down tracks at the infamous London studio seems fitting. Considering the proposed location and the direction of the album, will anyone famous drop by to help out? "I think we're fine with working on other people's songs, but as far as us, maybe we just don't have very many friends," says Ross, laughing. "We don't have Bono or anything on guest vocals. Yet."

From 2009 January issue of Alternative Press
~.:Maddy:.~
wahmbulance

EDIT!: Pictures from the issue are below =)
User Image
lol flip-flops
xD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:52 pm
That's so soon. eek

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:23 pm
PrimeOdd
That's so soon. eek

And it seems as if Pretty. Odd. just came out! Then watch after this it takes them another 3 years to make an album stare

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 pm
MadAsRabbitsoO
PrimeOdd
That's so soon. eek

And it seems as if Pretty. Odd. just came out! Then watch after this it takes them another 3 years to make an album stare

Even though that's quite possible I hope not. I hope they don't hit us with new music constantly for say a year and then have majore writers block and make us wait again. I think they need to learn how to space things apart. I'm glad about the new album don't get me wrong it's just shocking and sort of funny because at my stop of RBL-11/7/08- I asked Zac when the next panic tour was and he was all "What? Do you expect them to tour on the same music over and over again?" and now they come out with new music anyway. lol.  

music is living

sandflea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
_________Cause nobody wants to be the lst one there
_________And everyone wants to feel like someone cares
_________Someone to love with my life in their hands
_________There's gotta be somebody for me like that

User Image

Thats in like, April?
Less than 6 months.
surprised

User Image

Cause nobody wants to do it on their own _________
And everyone wants to know they're not alone _________
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere _________
There's gotta be somebody for me out there
_________
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:55 pm
Sweet 4laugh I can't wait for more info!

But since they said they never really stopped writing songs, and they're working with Rob again, and they want to go to Abbey Road again... it sounds like it's heading in a similar direction as Pretty. Odd. Which is kind of... meh.
Don't get me wrong, I do love that album, but I don't want them to make another one just like it, y'know? Not that I think that's something Panic would do... sweatdrop xp

Polyphonic Twilight

dirty little heart

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:23 pm
Polyphonic Twilight

But since they said they never really stopped writing songs, and they're working with Rob again, and they want to go to Abbey Road again... it sounds like it's heading in a similar direction as Pretty. Odd. Which is kind of... meh.
Don't get me wrong, I do love that album, but I don't want them to make another one just like it, y'know? Not that I think that's something Panic would do... sweatdrop xp

i agree. but after they changed so much between their first and second album i cant really see them making something really similar for the third. i'm sure we'll be in for some surprises when they do come out with a new album xp  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:23 pm
MadAsRabbitsoO
PrimeOdd
That's so soon. eek

Well its not that it took them 3 years to write it.
They didn't start writing them till later on. Then they were
in the making of one with pretty much a whole album, but scrapped it. So
they just restarted and such =D.
<3

But I'm so excited to see what kind of music it is this time! I agree with
Poly about Abbey Road neutral ... I hope it doesn't sound exactly like Pretty. Odd.
Theres nothing wrong but I just want to hear what other music styles
they have ! heart

Panda Cheval

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:28 pm
Polyphonic Twilight

It really does seem like they're going to write another Pretty. Odd. as of right now, though. Ryan is still talking about listening to the Beatles and all that jazz. confused And since they're playing Pretty. Odd.'s music as their writing, they're probably gonna lean towards writing something similar to what they're playing on stage. It's not suprising, though. Because it seems like ever since they stopped touring to write Pretty. Odd., they all the sudden hated A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. I doubt think they'll ever write something like A Fever again. Whereas, I can see them writing something like Pretty. Odd.. I think that they think it's their "style" or something now. But Panic never fails to suprise me, so I shouldn't be talking. xd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:33 pm
Panda.Gal
MadAsRabbitsoO
PrimeOdd
That's so soon. eek

<3

Poly about Abbey Road neutral ... I hope it doesn't sound exactly like Pretty. Odd.
they have ! heart

It took them almost two years, though! Atleast it seems like it.
Actually, it seems like it was 27 years. 3nodding

I hope they just throw out some random style again. xD Panic is so badass in that way.

They're like,
-bam, throws out random berlesque music in a punk-rock era-
And then they were like,
-bam, throws out early rock 45 years late-
And now they're gonna be like,
-bam, throws out some other random style. Probably hip hop, fer sure-

3nodding Just like that.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:35 pm
tigerlily963
Polyphonic Twilight

i agree. but after they changed so much between their first and second album i cant really see them making something really similar for the third. i'm sure we'll be in for some surprises when they do come out with a new album xp

But they also went from being hormone-crazed teenagers to men. They were just out of high school when they wrote A Fever. They wrote techno-y stuff because that's what was cool in high school, you know? Not because they knew that it was going to be fun playing on stage. They've learned so much. They've been to a countless amount of countries and seen so many different cultures. This time around, they know what to expect and what they want to play - not what seems cool to play.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:58 am
PrimeOdd
Panda.Gal
MadAsRabbitsoO
PrimeOdd
That's so soon. eek

<3

they have ! heart

I hope they just throw out some random style again. xD Panic is so badass in that way.

They're like,
And then they were like,

3nodding Just like that.

True!
I wonder what kind of music style this one will be!
And I want to know how they will tell us. Will they do that
confusing puzzle they did on their website again? Or a different way?
xD

Panda Cheval

Ohkami Majin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:39 pm
PrimeOdd

They're like,
And then they were like,

3nodding Just like that.

This is what I love Panic for, as well.
I think it really shows how talented they are as musicians that they can just pull off any style like that.
And it keeps there stuff sounding fresh and interesting |3

Buuut at the same time this makes me really nervous
because although the die hard fans (like everyone here for example) will stick with them no matter what
the fans who are less hardcore or just listening to them casually won't necessarily stick around if they keep changing their sound
Pretty.Odd. lost Panic A LOT of fans.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:52 pm
Ohkami Majin
PrimeOdd

They're like,
And then they were like,

3nodding Just like that.

This is what I love Panic for, as well.
I think it really shows how talented they are as musicians that they can just pull off any style like that.
And it keeps there stuff sounding fresh and interesting |3

Buuut at the same time this makes me really nervous
because although the die hard fans (like everyone here for example) will stick with them no matter what
the fans who are less hardcore or just listening to them casually won't necessarily stick around if they keep changing their sound
Pretty.Odd. lost Panic A LOT of fans.

Oh wow. I liked Odd more than A Fever. That's so weird!

And the only reason why they lost fans is because they didnt feel like being teenagers anymore. Shessh. People dont realize that people change.  

Your WatchQueen

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces