Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Warriors Guild

Back to Guilds

HEY WARRIORS GUILD MEMBERS AND FANS! WE HAVE MOVED TO DEVIANTART! http://www.deviantart.com/the-warriors-guild AS OF 2019 WE ARE ACTIVE!!!! 

Tags: Warriors, Erin Hunter, Warrior Cats 

Reply Elder Stories (Fanfictions)
Curiousity Killed the Cat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tryingtoescapereality
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:17 pm
Bearclaw Speaks

~~~~~~~~~~~

Curiousity Killed the Cat

Sure, I admit it. I tend to dive head first into things without thinking it over. Guess you could say I'm a bit over-daring. But I've always been that way. Ever since I was a kit I'd find some way to escape from camp- how ever way I did it. It didn't matter, I just wanted to see the world.

But that one time I did what no other cat had done before. Something so terrifying- I still get disturbed by nightmares. Yet the entire time I got to see the wonders beyond SnowClan territory. I was granted three whole moons to see wonders that I couldn't even dream of. I could share such wonderful gifts from distant lands with my clan-mates. I'd never forget this adventure, I doubt mother did, etheir.

I was almost ready for apprentice-ship, half of a moon to go and I'd be too big for the nursery. I figured I should make one last adventure before I got busy with training lesson, and a adventure that could leave my mark for kits to come. To show just because they're small they can't do stuff. I go all the way to the place cats called "The Gathering". I'd see for myself if this place was as cool as it seemed.

So as soon as the glint in the splinters of ice began to dimn, I set out. Mom would be asleep, and Icedrift would be too bust nursing her kits to notice. The powdered ice didn't let loose so many moans of protest, that's the good thing about new snow fall, you barely make a sound as you creep along.

I climbed up to the ice-glacier, which led to a slightly steep slope. I would slide down this, and plop out in SnowClan forest. But as I had learned before, you must not speal in delight, no matter how fast you go.

I could feel the wind- tinged to the very crisp- weaving through my fur. I felt as if I was a snowflake gliding through the clouds. The wind began to pick up, with a jolt of shock I looked up to see a snow-owl swooping over me. I could feel my skin squeeze up as it clenched my shoulders with claws of steel. I could see the blood and mud encrusted to the pear grippers, with a terrified yelp I realized my blood might stain, too, if I didn't do something quick.

I couldn't think, not with the wind lashing my eyes, but I couldn't snap them to the protective shell of darkness. I was to terrified. What would Crystalstar- the brave, mighty leader - do in a time like this? Well- she wouldn't just droop there! I bitterly thought. Maybe I should attack him! Yeah- I could make sure he never thought to attack a brave warrior like me! but my small moment of triumph was spoiled as I looked to the ground below. No... he'd just drop me. Ah- that's it! As he begans to land, I quickly claw the life outta him- and then he'll drop me!

As the owl began to lower, I let out a screech of pure fury, and raked my claws down his soft under-belly. Bewildered, the owl screamed in his bird- language and dropped to the ground below. But instead of the soft ground I expected, I landed on a rock- like materal with a thud. "Ow." I mumbled, standing up with a quick shake of my pelt. Why would a rock pile appear out of no where?

Then the reaking stench hit me, with a spat of disgust I solved the mystery- I'd landed on a monster. Did it eat me? Was I in the pit of it's stomach? But StarClan reassured me, the twinkle still remained above me. Then why wouldn't this beast have a roof to it's stomach?

Then I saw the two-legs relaxing in the front. Ah, I see. I'm on the tail.

Should I jump? With a sickening look I watched as the trees blured together, making a swirl of green tye-dye. I was too weak to jump off- I'd have a hard chance already without my slightly injured leg. I couldn't stand a chance.

But where would the monster take me? To FireClan? Even worse- no clan territory? What if I never saw the clans again?

A shudder fled down my spine, the chill of fear vibrating my body. For once mom seemed nice. I could almost picture her scolding me, "Bearkit! Come here right now."

With a pitiful cry, I curled up next to a wooden box, curling my tail over to block the foul monster-breath. I coughed, and settled into a fear tinged sleep.

Sunlight filtered through my lashes, tinting the black to red. I stood up with a stretch, pulling my gims back to a yawn.

I shuddered, it was so warm here! At this point I'd shrivel to a raisen. I licked my paws and chest, trying in vain to cool down. I swear to StarClan, this might be even be hotter than FireClan's temper!

I peeked my head over the monster's tail, looking over the strange place around me. It seemed to be a two-leg place.

A cloud of dust enclosed around me as I hopped of the monster, I blinked rapidly to get the dirt out of my eyes.

"Hey- you can't be one of Goldie's kits, could you?" a scratchy voice asked.

I turned to see a black she-cat and a scrawny brown tom looming over me. The tom flicked his torn hear, scaring away a fly.

I pushed her eyes together in anger. I was no kittypet! "I'm Bearkit! Mighty warrior of SnowClan!"

The she-cat purred in amusement. "What a cute little fur-ball!" she purred.

I opened my mouth to protest, but the tom cut me off. "Hey- did you say SnowClan? Didn't that crazy ol' tom say he was from a clan?"

"Yeah." the she agreed in gradile realization. "And their names sound alike, too. What was his name? Fire... Firestar?"

I gasped. Firestar? And I always thought he was stuff of legends! Maybe... maybe these cats knew where he is! I had never much cared for the leader- SnowClan's arch enemy had been named in honor of him, but it would be nice to find somecat that lived under the warrior code. "Can you... can you take me to him?"

The she-cat cocked her head. "You know him?"

"Yes!" I breathed. "Please- do you know where he went?"

"Well..." she hesitated. "I think he up the river."

"Y-yeah." the tom agreed. "That sounds about right."

"Okay!" I mewed, and began to scamper off.

"Hey wait- you can't go out there alone!"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:32 pm
awesome!!! write more! I. MUST. READ. MORE!!!!! it's good biggrin  

Panda--Chan
Captain

tryingtoescapereality
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:12 pm
Yay! Thank you! Wait 'till you see the plot!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:46 am
very nice  

Neviah Drone

x-Cloud Drop-x
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:06 pm
I agree. AWESOME! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:20 pm
WOW!! Write more!  

Fangsnuzzles

iiiDemonicAngel
Crew