Reply Writer's Forum
A Lorre Piece Introduction

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crycket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:21 pm
I am pleased to show one of my kindest pieces. I am a rather dark writer. Always have been and always will be. It is my passion and heart and drive. Nothing more and nothing less satisfies me... Mostly. This piece is called Father Sun and I created it for a class. I have found that a few people have enjoyed it so I will share. Please, do not steal anything from this. I know how it starts out seeming but it is all mine and I have big plans. Ask first, yeah?

Father Sun

Five billion years ago, when Earth did not exist and its companion planets didn't either, there was an essence with no physical form. It was a spark of life, and in this time, it was slowly growing and gaining power with every passing moment. He, the essence, the spark, grew lonely and wanted light in the blackness that surrounded him. He gathered all of his power, all of his strength and let it go with a tremendous WHOOP! The power was so bright and so strong; by the time humans came along they named it the sun. The essence found the giant sphere pleasing, but was tired. Too much had gone into his creation and he slept for millions of years to regain his strength.

When the essence woke, he had more power than ever before. He sat around on his glowing globe and was happy for a time. The light was good for comfort and the heat more so. He was appeased. Soon, though, he realized that the space around him seemed dull. It was so empty, so blank. It needed to be filled with companions; his sun needed followers. Taking only a fraction of his power he started to create once again. He made great balls of rock with liquid cores, and sent them spinning around his sun. One he even sent spinning the opposite direction just for a little bit of diversity.

At first, these things, too, pleased him. His fascination with his power was enough to keep him company. He made variety among the planets, kept them stable and none of them alike. One had an atmosphere of gases, another, a ring of debris, and another, freezing cold like he had never experienced before. Sometimes, just for a change, he would make much smaller versions of his globe and send them far off so they were only pinpricks in his sight. He called them his “Winklets” because it always seemed as if they winked at him from the distance.

That too grew old for him. He longed for a companion; he needed a new ‘spark’ in his life.

The sun deity, for that is what he was, made himself a palace on his planet of gas. He had no actual need for sustaining air so he was comfortable there. His palace became his lab. He performed experiments with his Winklets and his planets. He did all he could think of to make another essence, to make another immortal like him. He was met with failure after failure. Each time he came a little bit closer and each time it took just a little more of his self-will to keep on trying. It was perhaps twice his lifetime so far before he made his first success.

The sun essence created himself his own body, a physical form.

This was a great accomplishment in his eyes, now that he had them. This meant that he could create other forms for other beings. He would be able to hold them when they were created and use their forms to create more in a much easier way. He could give himself a whole family and never feel lonesome again. Looking in a piece of reflected glass he also had to admit that he found his own form pleasing just to have.

His hair was the shade of the blazing sun when you had been staring too long into its depths. His eyes were like spinning hot lava on one of his favorite planets, Earth, filling his whole eye and endlessly swirling about. His skin, though, made both seem more brilliant than they would have been alone. Dark as the abyss he had started in, his skin was black.

This accomplishment only swayed his thoughts for a very short time. He once more went back to work. His mind was driven to complete his work. He knew that if he could accomplish what he had, he could make himself a universe of such beings. They would play, dance, live, and be happy. They would be his children of a sort, though, not of his seed, which again, he now had. He would have children of that sort too, once his Wife came to be.

Came to be, she did. Through years of labor he created another essence, another spark that he had used to be and housed her in a body he found pleasing. She was all shades of pink and brown. Her dark hair was the color of the soil underneath an old overturned leaf. Her lips were as red as his bloody planet. Her skin was pink as a rose that only existed in a glass vase under his looking glass. Her smile winked at him much like the small suns he had sent off into the distance. She was perfect and he could ask for no more.

Knowing not what to name her, he simply called her Wife.

Wife was a strange being in the Sun God’s eyes. At first, as he watched her, she seemed content. She showered him in kindness and spent hours speaking to him. They spent the time of darkness in each other’s arms. Wife grew large and round. She gave birth to a son and her smile seemed to grow a little brighter.

The Sun deity watched them play together and enjoy each other’s company. Instead of just watching, the Sun deity often read to his Son of Storms, called so, because with his anger and tears, came the wind and rain. Most time, though, was spent in his lab. He would go to bed just before darkness came and only minutes later Wife would join him.
That all seemed to fade, though. The Sun God watched his Wife’s smile blur at the edges as their Son aged. She did not look as pleased. When he asked what was wrong and was told simply that she wished for more to do. She said that she was growing restless.

The Sun deity mulled this over in his mind. He wished for his Wife to be happy. He wanted to give her something to please her mind and her restlessness. It took him only days before a prospect came into his mind.
On one light coming, he told her that there was a small life on Earth. If she wished it, she could go to the planet and cultivate the life there. She was gone as soon as their Son had awakened and was comfortable with his Father. Father and Son spent the light hours reading books that the Sun deity had written. Son’s Mother did not come back until dark had already come and passed. The Sun God did not question her, for her smile was as great as it had been in the beginning.

Years passed in calm, but each time Wife left she was gone longer. In the Sun God’s mind, he started to call her Wife Earth for all the time she spent there. Somehow, the Sun deity could still feel her presence when she was away. A warm presence in his chest told him that she was alive, so he continued on with his days.

One light coming, though, the warmth was gone and he knew she was gone for good. Faded. Dead.

His Dead Wife crushed him. The moment he felt her creatures start to come to land and then her essence wink into nothing, he let out a primal scream. Standing in his Son’s room, he fell to his knees and continued to cry out. His arms were raised above his head, as if beseeching some higher powers than even himself to bring her back. Not even tears seemed to help his pain, as they did not come. His eyes were as dry as the day he made them and he had no release from his anguish. He rested his head upon the floor and covered it with his arms, begging someone to hide him from his greatest love… and his greatest mistake.

The Son of Storms watched his Father and his eyes did fill with tears. Never had he seen his Father as anything but strong. Never had the great god failed to give a room a layer of power. This sight was beyond him. He went to his Father, kneeling beside him, and tried to give him comfort. The moment his hand touched upon that back a great arm came across his chest and he was thrown against the far wall, his head hitting against it and making him lose focus.

The sun deity stared with crazed eyes at his crumpled Son, his crumpled Son that looked too much like his Dead Wife. His power lashed out, blazing like the great globe outside. It whipped about the room and shredded everything in sight. It fell against his Son and started to rip him to shreds. Storm Child ran for his life that day, and has not been seen since. It is the only thing that has saved him.

Father Sun stormed like his Son of Storms used to. His rage poured out of his mouth and body in great torrents. It was his downpour of anguish. His power grew so great that it rained upon his planets and destroyed them all, even Earth that had been a favorite, and the life upon it. He killed and died in three years. All his energy was used in trying to cope. He collapsed on the floor, only thinking that if he too faded, he would find her arms again.

Even this comfort, sadly, was not allotted him.

Darkness was the Sun God’s only companion. It engulfed him in his unconsciousness and swallowed him when he finally awoke.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:36 pm
Wow. This piece was truly amazing. I find your use of symbolism astounding. Please never hesitate to post up future writing. I was awe struck by this piece and could not stop reading it. It is truly wonderful.  

Raizen357
Captain

Hilarious Gaian

Crycket

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:21 pm
wolfchild357
Wow. This piece was truly amazing. I find your use of symbolism astounding. Please never hesitate to post up future writing. I was awe struck by this piece and could not stop reading it. It is truly wonderful.

Thanks so much.
^^
I appreciate the input very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it and when I am home again, probably a week or two, I'll start posting up some of the other things I have written. And don't be afraid to be a bit harsh in judgment. I need to make myself better.
-nods-  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:15 pm
...wow.
Awesome.
I can't help but think of the old ancient stories of creation, like Indian myths and Viking tales and such of how the world came to be. It's great. Fantastic!!!
You have talent.
What happened to the Son of Storms? Please say you continue with this, I would really like to know...
WONDERFUL!!! biggrin  

Rosey Lyndi

Writer's Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces