Welcome to Gaia! ::

GaGa Online

Back to Guilds

Come join other fans and discuss everything GAGA! 

Tags: Lady Gaga, Music, Dance, Fame, Monster 

Reply Gaga Online Home Page
Discovering Lady Gaga Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mintopolis

6,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:33 pm
So one day I'm browsing youtube and I come across a video called "Just Dance" The artist sounds interesting so I click to listen. By the end of the song I'm speechless. This song has blown my mind! I instantly head to itunes to look for the single and within a matter of days the song had reached my top twenty-five most played songs!

Basically I wanna know how other fans came to find Lady Gaga.
Did you hear about her from a friend? Did you hear her on the radio? See an ad?
I would like to know!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:33 pm
Can't read my, Can't read my
No he can't read my poker face

User Image

I found out about her on the radio, and for a week I had the song Just Dance in my head..not knowing what it was caleld at the time untilI finally cracked it and immediately getting home downloaded it. After just one song download I thought, "Hmm..if this song is good..what about her other ones.." so then the search continued!

User Image

P-P-P-Poker Face P-P-Poker Face
P-P-P-Poker Face P-P-Poker Face

strawberry monochrome

Anthh

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:33 pm
I guess I became a fan at the start of her rise when she performed at the Miss Universe 2008 in the early summer.

She was funky so I had to research her.
Fell in love and like the person above she had over 100 listens in less than a week. (:  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:58 pm
I only found out about her because I was on youtube and listening to Paramore and someone played the song for five seconds while it scrolled the credits and then went into the paramore song. I wanted to hear the song all the way so I searched it and listened to it. For a long time, it was the only song from her I heard. I got curious and from there I grew to love her so much damn more. <333  

Sexual Temptations

Sephoreus

Captain

Quotable Regular

6,400 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:16 am
I first heard Just Dance before her album came out, off of limewire. I just searched "dance songs" and that song was at the top of the list. I never knew she had nothing out yet, but I listened to it everyday until a few weeks later "The Fame" caught my eye in HMV. I bought it, loved it, adored it, was addicted to it and I swear I wanted to worship her for every song on the album. Then the Just Dance music video appeared and I was instantly addicted to it as well. Dam shes so awesome!! >;D  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:23 pm

User Image
i think i first saw lady gaga's interview on the top 10 countdown on fuse, then i heard her song "just dance" on the radio. i thought the first 30 seconds was really frigging annoying, but it got way better come the 1st chorus, then i wikipedia'd her.

User Image

im so gangsterish

PunkRockStarMob

5,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:04 pm
I browse the Zune marketplace like everyday, I love music! So I was looking for some new popy dance songs and what do you know I spy Lady Gaga's "Just Dance", so I listen to the preview, it blows me away I buy it instantly then wait impatiently for her album to come out heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:32 pm
I first saw her on Miss universe '08  

Sack In A Box
Crew

kerpoppled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:28 pm
Well, quite an interesting story actually. One day I went to the (gay?)towns and although I was a n00b and was kind of silent, I decided to talk to a new person named Anthh (he's prob. gonna read this later) And I was really silent at the time, but another day I bumped into him again. I started opening a little more. And eventually I got the courage to send him comments, and everytime I would comment I'd hear Just Dance on his profile. I loved it, although I didn't admit it at the time. We started talking through pms and eventually got to IM. As I fell in love with him, I also fell in love with Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga reminds me of him and he really got me into it.

I love both Lady Gaga and Anthony a lot now ;D  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:03 pm
kerpoppled
Well, quite an interesting story actually. One day I went to the (gay?)towns and although I was a n00b and was kind of silent, I decided to talk to a new person named Anthh (he's prob. gonna read this later) And I was really silent at the time, but another day I bumped into him again. I started opening a little more. And eventually I got the courage to send him comments, and everytime I would comment I'd hear Just Dance on his profile. I loved it, although I didn't admit it at the time. We started talking through pms and eventually got to IM. As I fell in love with him, I also fell in love with Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga reminds me of him and he really got me into it.

LOL! rofl

twisted @ me spreading GaGa around.  

Anthh

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Dr Zydrate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:17 pm
I heard the song on the radio I'm sure forever ago. It had to be early summer or late spring. And, I was addicted. I waited forever for itunes to get the video, and my poor boyfriend hated me for it. He loves her, but, not for the 24/7 coverage I'd play the song.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:45 pm
i saw the video on mtv tr3s and wrote down the name. the next day, i am a total GaGa fanatic. i even remember the date, 6-26-08.  

Lightly_likeDeath

mintopolis

6,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:06 am
kerpoppled

That's so sweet!
c:
I totally went "awww" while reading this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:56 pm
my sister showed me the video of her singing live at miss universe 2008 thats when i liked lady gaga  

sweetest lace

Kawaii Senshi

Irish-Plusle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:11 am
Lol, a friend told me about her. At first I was a bit, 'Oh she's okay,' and then when I saw the video 'Just Dance', I immediatly fell in love. Lol.  
Gaga Online Home Page

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff