Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Vampire Hair, Land raider, Crisis suits (( updated)) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:02 pm
I'm working on my new vampire Lord everythign is set beautifully but I can't get her hair.. I want to get blonde hair, as pale as the silver moon.. but instead I get easter egg yellow ARRRGH please help me... as well any tricks on how t make good looking piercing blue eyes would be greatly loved since most of my previous attempts look like a clown did their battle makeup XP  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:17 am
right, for the silvery blonde hair, try mixing a little "Elf Flesh" with some "fortress grey" if it isnt light enough, add small ammounts of white (my art teacher would eat me if she heard me say that, apparently you should always lighten with another colour... which changes the colour....)

for the eyes, i find models eyes are too small to get the precise detail on... but if you want to do blue glowing eyes instead, try looking up a light effects guide ( www.coolminiornot.com tends to have some good ones) although i reckon you could do it with these steps:
- start with a white eye, then around the edge of the eye (NOT on the skin) do a little very pale blue with a detail brush
- when the light touches the skin, mix a little skin colour with blue, and paint that on around the eye (on the skin)
- as the light gets further from the eye, use less blue in the mix, until you have pure skin colour
- using a very pale blue, drybrush over the blue areas, again using less as you get further from the eye

painting isn't my expertise though, converting is, so you may want to try this on a test model before you commit to it on your vampire lord  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:24 am
also, if you dont mind me asking, do you live outside america? if you do, like me, then you might not get many posts from other people during the day as most of the guild members are american.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:17 pm
I'm Canadian with a convuluted verson of insomnia so I post at all manners of the day. and thank you for the tips  

GamerChik240

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:23 pm
fair enough. it is good to see more new people on the guild.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:41 pm
yeah the guild doesn't seem all that... viberant...  

GamerChik240

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:53 pm
well, the usual members who post are me, caleidah, serebrate, xenos mortium, jason da psycho, bloodangles and lanator. there are more, but i cant remember the usernames off hand right now. (sorry guys!)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:25 am
fire - link
well, the usual members who post are me, caleidah, serebrate, xenos mortium, jason da psycho, bloodangles and lanator. there are more, but i cant remember the usernames off hand right now. (sorry guys!)

Don't forget Aku Kami Kurayami, Alexi Terianis, Shinobi, Commissar Hark, and Kaori_Kapoigne.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:42 pm
jesus, how could i forget them!?

anyway, back on topic, did you get any models painted?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:49 pm
nah I've been pushing it off.... but now I feel like doing it now.... GAHHHH no elf flesh Y_Y adn I was at the store today crying *sniff s'not fair. I'll work on my assassin's instead.. any recommendations on how to quick paint a land raider crusader? I don't have enough chaos black  

GamerChik240

Azrael Swift Blade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:06 am
If you want to paint a land raider crusader quickly is to use a spray gun. They are a brilliant piece of equipment to use for painting. You can get them at Games Workshop. Over here in England they are about £15 plus an extra £6 for propellant (i know your from Canada but i dont know the exchange rates so thats about $39 your end but i could be wrong on that) Either way invest in a spray gun and propellant and all you'll need is water and chaos black. The rest is self explanatory.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:07 am
Oh and if you cant get a Spray gun then just buy a can of black spray paint. It doesn't have to be chaos black you can go to any model/ hobby store and buy a decent alternative.  

Azrael Swift Blade

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:26 pm
OKAAAAAYYYYY
new problem
I have 4 Crisis suits 1 With it's left arm and right leg painted Blood red, 1 with Right arm and Left leg painted royal Blue, 1 gray awaiting painting, and another witha normal paint job. I'm thinking of painting both of one's legs goblin Green, and the head of one a Pale blue to a light gray... what do you guys think of that?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:46 am
Uhm, throw in a picture?  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff