Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Pics from the new movie.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curtis25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:36 pm
If you go to the official movie website they know have a few pictures up. Which is leaving me with questions. There seems to be some technology out of place. If anyone knows any info about the plot please do tell.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:32 am
Wow. The trailer.

The ship looks terrible, well, the interior, anyway. Sacreligious! D:
Quinto looks good as spock, but I'm not sure about the new Kirk.

Looks like a good film, but it's gonna have to prove that it's true to the series and my idea of the trek universe.

I hope I'm not disappointed!

:'D
ilovecomments

-[.Moo.]-

Curtis25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:41 pm
JJ Abrams swears up and down that it is not a reboot. but it kinda looks that way to me. I think that a reboot could be a good thing or it could suck. But i am excited about the new movie , And I thought the interior looked good.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:07 pm
The plot as far as we know is that it's their early past, before they all got together on the Enterprise and it goes up through where the first TOS episodes start. Besides that, we know nothing. Zachary Quinto does play a great Spock. Plus I like his character on Heroes in Sylar so that was good casting. Like you said, though, I'm not sure at all about the Kirk. He looks like one of those stereotypical punk kids... *sigh* I hope the movie is good. I think whether it's good or not it will start to get this generation back into Star Trek, so either way it's a plus for the rest of us Trekkies!

Da Jeans

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:52 am
Yes I agree with everyone that says Quinto makes a good Spock! I also think that maybe they should choose an actor that looks more like the original Kirk. I personally think the Enterprise looks amazing! So much like the old one (well from the outside anyway). I also like the interior too! it looks a lot more... well how should I put this? Sci-fi-ish!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:05 pm
Ok, get off the Kirk dont look good thing. Remember, these are new people and at least they did a decent job on getting someone who can act better than Shatner and at least look the part of the charmer/brawler. Plus if you remember, they are all YOUNGER. So they will be looking a bit different.  

vegito61283

Curtis25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:33 am
If you really think about it , from what we know of kirks character it makes since that he would have a "sketchy" past. I do totally agree with the Spock thing. That guy looks sooooo much like a young Leonard Nimoy that its scary. I also think that the guy thats playing McCoy favors DeForrest Kelly a good deal. Still got to wonder about the ship redesign though. Don't get me wrong the new ship is absolutely gorgous. But why did they do it?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:07 pm
vegito61283
Ok, get off the Kirk dont look good thing. Remember, these are new people and at least they did a decent job on getting someone who can act better than Shatner and at least look the part of the charmer/brawler. Plus if you remember, they are all YOUNGER. So they will be looking a bit different.

Yes I know I may have said that before, but after watching the Trailer of the new movie a few times, I kind of changed my mind about it... I guess after a while I started to see it. Eh, I guess I'm more of an Original Kirk fan.. razz  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:11 am
If Deforest Kelley, and James Doohan were alive today, what would they think of actors Karl Urban, and Simon Pegg playing the role of Mccoy, and Scotty?  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games