Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Favorite Series? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dunedien

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:50 pm
My favorite series is TNG, but that may just be because the original has outdated sets, voyager and DS9 aren't primarily about the Enterprise, and Enterprise is too close to our own timeline. What does everyone else think?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:10 pm
TOS for me.

I personally don't care about trivial things like when a show was made or what was used to make it. I mean, you have to look beneath the surface. Star Trek isn't just about graphics, sets, and whatnot, it has a deeper message. It envisions a positive future not only for humanity, but for other races and beings as well. It's about unity, morality, and fighting for what's right, while still trying to find a peaceful alternative (which doesn't always work out). So yeah. TOS stole my heart, and I'll never change my mind. wink  

Miral Paris

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:08 am
I think DS9 is my favorite series. Mostly because I prefer how it's one ongoing storyline with lots of little stories mixed in, whereas on the whole the other series (apart from Voyager maybe, but I havn't seen that series in years) tend to be a series of short stories with occasional links to previous episodes.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:57 pm
DS9 for me (considering my username, why is this not surprising?)

I liked it because it had a gritter feel to it than next gen, and less 'soap opera' than Voyager.

I also really dig TOS and (Yeah, yeah, complain all you want to) Enterprise.  

PlainSimpleGarak

Shirtless Reveler

Curtis25

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:05 pm
Enterprise was alot better than people give it credit for. Its one of my favorite. TOS is first then DS9 than Enterprise for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:59 am
Miral Paris
TOS for me.

I personally don't care about trivial things like when a show was made or what was used to make it. I mean, you have to look beneath the surface. Star Trek isn't just about graphics, sets, and whatnot, it has a deeper message. It envisions a positive future not only for humanity, but for other races and beings as well. It's about unity, morality, and fighting for what's right, while still trying to find a peaceful alternative (which doesn't always work out). So yeah. TOS stole my heart, and I'll never change my mind. wink

Don't get me wrong, I love TOS, it just seems like most of the episodes have some damsell in distress that Kirk needs to save or is responsible for the whole thing. The beeping on the bridge also bothered me. I just didn't like the pitch. I loved Spock, McCoy, and Scotty though. They were amazing.  

Dunedien

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:13 pm
Dunedien
Miral Paris
TOS for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love TOS, it just seems like most of the episodes have some damsell in distress that Kirk needs to save or is responsible for the whole thing. The beeping on the bridge also bothered me. I just didn't like the pitch. I loved Spock, McCoy, and Scotty though. They were amazing.

Yeah, a couple of my friends said those things kinda annoyed them as well, but I liked them. I'm just old school, I guess. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:10 am
Miral Paris
Dunedien
Miral Paris
TOS for me.

Yeah, a couple of my friends said those things kinda annoyed them as well, but I liked them. I'm just old school, I guess. xd

LOL. TOS is my second favorite, I love your signature.  

Dunedien

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:54 pm
Dunedien
Miral Paris
Dunedien
Miral Paris
TOS for me.

LOL. TOS is my second favorite, I love your signature.

Thanks. When I made it, I was like, "Hmmm. I think I'll include the exact definition of logic so people can differ to it when debating. It's always nice to know exactly what something means. That way all your facts are in order."

And I like your avatar, by the way. Very... er... purple-y. And blue-ish. What are you supposed to be dressed as? XD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:19 pm
I like all the shows, but DS9 will always be number one for me.

I have a thing for cardassians...  

Sweetycow

Da Jeans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:36 pm
Star Trek: The Original Series is my favorite because it was the start of such an amazing science fiction spree. It may have had poor graphics, but hey, it's 1966! It was really the first show on TV like it. I recently read "The Making of Star Trek" which explained the work involved with making every episode. It's astounding! And the plots for almost every episode were great. Because there were only three seasons, it seems like every one of them is precious. And of course the characters are awesome. At first, Kirk wasn't very appealing, ergo his "always-getting-the-girl" thing and him always getting the most screentime, but eventually he grew on me. Spock is one of the best characters in all of the Star Trek series. The inner struggles he faces seem to me to be the most interesting. Not to mention the others like Sulu and Uhura. TOS just seems like the main Star Trek feel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:15 pm
I really have no preference. Voyager and Enterprise were pretty addicting at times though. But overall they were all great in there own aspects.  

vegito61283

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:28 pm
I just really like TOS, I've seen a little of TNG and I like that too a little bit.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:35 am
"Enterprise"

Commander Garrus Vakarian

chick_devil

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:08 pm
I LOVE STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL. BECAUSE ITS THE FIRST OF THE SERIES AND IM IN LOVE WITH SPOCK.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER EVERYONE.

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces