Reply The L Guild Forum
Is L dead? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faerygirl-14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:56 pm
So... I believe that L isn't dead... And I will support this fact.

Before you turn around and leave, YES I am a fangirl but NO I do not believe this because I have some crazy notion that "L is invincible."

Here's the basis of my suggestion: L died, but he's not dead.

Let's start with this simple fact: L knew he was gonna get killed. Therefore, he would have taken measures against it.

Another thing, the first few chapters were COMPLETELY pointless. Raito could have been the one who got introduced to the Death Note first. Also, the facts were even wrong. Ryuk said that the Death Note only had 60 pages. But, in one of the "How to Use" chapter ending things, it said that the Death Note was unlimited. So, why were they there? Just to introduce the eraser.

Since there was a newspaper published about the kids who came back to life, L would have been able to read it. So, he would have known a bit about what was going on, after he figured out about the Death Note. Annnndddd so... he would have found that kid and hired him (cuz it only said they burned the book, not the eraser). And that kid would have been able to find Rem's notebook and erase L's name!

And that kid wouldn't have lost his memory, because Near burned the book and didn't lose his memory.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:57 pm
Aww... no one? o.o  

faerygirl-14

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:58 pm
Eraser was part of the Death Note pilot and had nothing to do with the actual series. So he's still dead.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:06 am
It WAS part of the pilot, but the pilot did sort of connect to the actual story. For one thing, it said "Seven Years Later" on the first frame. Plus, there were those Death Note poll thingys.

And even if that WASN'T true, I'm sure L would have found some other way. I'm not a genius, so I can't really tell what.  

faerygirl-14

randomnessensues

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:53 am
That's a good idea. You should write a fanfiction about that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:16 pm
I am. XD So far, only the first chapter, though.
Here it is.
It's on DeviantART.  

faerygirl-14

tokijin0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:34 pm
Unfortunately, L's name was written in Rem's notebook, which Raito posesses, so even if the eraser did exist, theres no way for anyone to erase L's name from the nootbook. Also, the only reason Raito doesn't get the note in the pilot is because he doesnt exist yet. its just the death note concept in general that the pilot is addressing.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:42 pm
Erm... he DOES exist, because it said only "7 years later" and I'm PRETTY sure a 7-year-old could not get into Japan's top university...

But, the notebook which Raito possessed (<- past tense!) fell into Near's hands, and Near adores L. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been hard for anyone to steal Mikami's notebook for a few seconds...  

faerygirl-14

tokijin0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:50 pm
So, now we need to determine weather or not Near had the eraser and used it before torching the notebook.
And what i meant by "not existing" is that he had not yet been thought up by the writer, not that he wasnt born at the time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:56 pm
Well, actually, the main point of my argument was that L was smart enough to have made precautions. Because, honestly, does L seem like the kind of person to just lie around while being targetted? Not really. Is he smart enough to think of something? Definitely. So, no matter how he did it, the point is that he DID it  

faerygirl-14

tokijin0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:04 pm
There is a very high possibility that L had any number of plans to save his life, im not argueing that it isnt, however...I want to see how. i want to be able to follow the brilliant plans that lead to his revival.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:17 pm
There is only one way that L could have been revived, and that was with the death eraser. Therefore, he would have made sure that Raito did not know about it. There was also that timer thingy. He might have given the eraser to Near before his death, and instructed him to use it should anything happen. That might explain why the SPK was formed IMMEDIATELY after L's death, instead of before it.  

faerygirl-14

tokijin0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:22 pm
i agree with all of that... except that Near didnt start the SPK untill about 3 years after learning about L's death, before that he was by himself (or maybe with a couple of others) gathering evedence to present to the presedent.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:25 pm
Hm... true.
I wonder what they did with L's body, though...? They didn't even dump it under some random tree... same with everyone else's...  

faerygirl-14

tokijin0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:28 pm
I believe that a funeral was mentioned, though Near could easily have removed the body afterwords if it was buried  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff