Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I've been naughty...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:12 am
Hello!
I'm new to Gaia. And new to the guild as well. biggrin
I graduated from highschool in May. And now I'm stuck in the transition phase from highschool to college. Looking for a job and a suitable college... I've just been kind of floating.

But since my floatage started, I've gained some weight!
And it's embarrassing!
So, that's why I'm here.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:07 am
Welcome aboard!

Okay, first things first: in addition to your scholastic requirements, make sure to take at least one physical class every term. Dance, a sport, weight training, martial art, whatever you can. That will help you fight the Freshman Fifteen (or, these days, the Freshman Forty).  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:56 am
Mine was the freshman fifty.

When it comes to class, if you live in dorms, don't limit yourself to classes that are close, pick one across the campus from you. (It was helpful for me, I was taking geology which was at the top of the campus, so fifteen flights of stairs, (my school was built on the side of a mountain) when I stopped going, I gained weight)

You can also take up exercisicerous hobbies, I'm sure your school will have a gym.

Now, in the mean time, Are you still living at home? Have you just been lounging about like I did?

Try looking for a job that's close enough to home you can bike there, or walk there. Or that's far away enough from a bus stop that you get at least a 10 minute walk in per day,  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:05 am
I'm kind of lounging about...
I have been volunteering at the humane society while I look for work, and I try not to remain dormant for too long at a time xD (Random jumping jacks, running around in circles, stuff like that)  

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games