Reply Rude Discussion
New 2-tone music? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Two Tone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:48 pm
Is there any good artists that bring back that 2-tone sound, but are making music now?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:42 pm
I don't know but I hope so. I'm slightly dreading 4th wave ska because 1) I'd hate for ska to just become 'the scene' and suddenly have a mob of people running around in checkers and suits. 2) after every wave the sound of ska is different. I want to just bring back the old stuff and I'll be happy. heart yay for clinging to the past!  

UreshiiNyoko

Deathiversary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:15 pm
I want to define 4 wave ska before some other bands do, and have it underground, so it couldn't reach top 40 where it could rise and fall like other branches of genres.
I need to get into music.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:42 pm
bad manners if im right is still around and pushing out records and there two-tone, and as for sticking to the past, THE SKATALITES!!!! are still around and are writing a new cd i think  

AnonymousJoe

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:32 am
Pama International
General Rudie  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:37 am
King Of The Ska
Pama International
General Rudie
^^  

GIoom
Vice Captain

GIoom
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:38 am
UreshiiNyoko
I don't know but I hope so. I'm slightly dreading 4th wave ska because 1) I'd hate for ska to just become 'the scene' and suddenly have a mob of people running around in checkers and suits. 2) after every wave the sound of ska is different. I want to just bring back the old stuff and I'll be happy. heart yay for clinging to the past!
There isn't a fourth wave of ska, because 3rd wave includes all modern versions of ska.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:15 am
5ubliminalM355ag35
UreshiiNyoko
There isn't a fourth wave of ska, because 3rd wave includes all modern versions of ska.
actually ive heard from people that the "4th wave" might be like the aquabats becasue of the lack of horns but then ive yelled at them saying horns is basically what makes ska ska for some bands  

AnonymousJoe

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:24 am
AnonymousJoe
5ubliminalM355ag35
UreshiiNyoko
actually ive heard from people that the "4th wave" might be like the aquabats becasue of the lack of horns but then ive yelled at them saying horns is basically what makes ska ska for some bands

meh I was having this conversation with my friend
his view: ska has to come back eventually. It'll just do what it did last time and meld a bit. You know a little more modern.

My view: NEVER! If we lose anymore horns I will cry like an emo child and NO BODY wants that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:13 am
The Toasters are still alive, they played Ska Is Dead 3... and what a great ******** show they played. xd  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:44 pm
Ivan_The_Punk
The Toasters are still alive, they played Ska Is Dead 3... and what a great ******** show they played. xd
there not 2-tone although some of the music is, correct me if im wrong but didn't they create the 3rd wave?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:23 pm
5ubliminalM355ag35
King Of The Ska
Pama International
General Rudie
^^

You like them?  

King Of The Ska
Captain

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:32 am
AnonymousJoe
bad manners if im right is still around and pushing out records and there two-tone, and as for sticking to the past, THE SKATALITES!!!! are still around and are writing a new cd i think

Wooooo- I saw Bad Manners live- My Girl Lollipop is great xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:26 pm
Ivan_The_Punk

Amen to that. The Toasters are 2 tone and didn't create the third. As for the fourth, I heard that it had nothing to do with the lack of horns, but more eyrie and emo-ish sounding--somewhat like the Mad Caddies and Link 80.  

Rick _Vegas

Hobbes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:17 pm
nfdgoisn
Amen to that. The Toasters are 2 tone and didn't create the third. As for the fourth, I heard that it had nothing to do with the lack of horns, but more eyrie and emo-ish sounding--somewhat like the Mad Caddies and Link 80.

I've always thought of the Mad Caddies as upbeat. Streetlight Manifesto is pretty emo-ish though.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff